TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That damn envelope...what if no one sent Thomas A. Trlica a Christmas card? What if his CC List southern mom was a lot like mine in other ways? He's living in his mom's house too. What if Debra and Rachel got down mom's decorations? Together with the bows and wrapping paper, gift tags, and the like - would no doubt be an assortment of unused cards from Christmas Past. The three people occupying TT's parents house are high-functioning teenagers or low-functioning adults depending on your POV. Maybe the only envelope available to him in that house was sitting out in plain sight because those boxes weren't put away? Works for me. How does that explain the fact that the letter doesn't fit in that envelope?
I've never seen the letter in person, but in the images there's a line in the middle that looks like a crease. It would fit in the envelope if it was folded.

Attachments

• thomas-trlica-letter.jpg
    thomas-trlica-letter.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 52
I've never seen the letter in person, but in the images there's a line in the middle that looks like a crease. It would fit in the envelope if it was folded.
According to LE it didn't. The envelope has been the big problem. Come on; I'm dying for all yall to figure this out. What had to have happened if TT mailed himself a "Letter", posting it at the one and only location, before 12am Dec24th, that would have even a remote possibility of that Letter being delivered to his own home later that day? Not Thursday the 27th like he expected? What would explain the fact that the letter he gave police was not folded in a way that fit inside the enveloped he mailed to himself?

According to LE it didn't. The envelope has been the big problem. Come on; I'm dying for all yall to figure this out. What had to have happened if TT mailed himself a "Letter", posting it at the one and only location, before 12am Dec24th, that would have even a remote possibility of that Letter being delivered to his own home later that day? Not Thursday the 27th like he expected? What would explain the fact that the letter he gave police was not folded in a way that fit inside the enveloped he mailed to himself?
FW_Cat, I'm sure you know what I'm going to ask next. Can you share your source for LE saying the letter wasn't folded? Did you hear that from them directly? I've never heard that information before. Also, I want to say I appreciate you and everything you contribute to this discussion. I'm never questioning you as a person, just wondering about the source.

I had been to Rusty's facebook page for the first time yesterday.

Suffice to say that if FW Cat discloses any more, he might sue her.

TG - How about showing me, an absolute novice in this case, the source(s) that reported Fran and Rusty going to the shopping centre on 23 Dec? I am not trying to sleuth the family, they are never suspects to me. But if TT was/still is a suspect, I would like to check out his alibi too.

If there is some reason you can't tell, that's ok.

Suffice to say that if FW Cat discloses any more, he might sue her.

TG - How about showing me, an absolute novice in this case, the source(s) that reported Fran and Rusty going to the shopping centre on 23 Dec? I am not trying to sleuth the family, they are never suspects to me. But if TT was/still is a suspect, I would like to check out his alibi too.

Via Marple, I don't think FW Cat needs to have the slightest worry about getting sued.
As far as Fran and Rusty saying they went store to store, they've stated that countless times. Here's just one recent instance, referencing an earlier article. They went Christmas shopping and never came home. Decades later, he’s still searching

Last edited:
FW_Cat, I'm sure you know what I'm going to ask next. Can you share your source for LE saying the letter wasn't folded? Did you hear that from them directly? I've never heard that information before. Also, I want to say I appreciate you and everything you contribute to this discussion. I'm never questioning you as a person, just wondering about the source.
Sorry for any misunderstanding. It was reported that the letter "as folded" did not fit the envelope provided later. And no; I cannot disclose the source of that information, but it is undisputed.

Sufficue her.e to say that if FW Cat discloses any more, he might sue her.

I have not disclosed any information that hasn't been published previously, or that cannot be obtained through The Public Library or County Court house. Fort Worth is the seat of Tarrant County. Thus we have access to online databases. It hurts my feeeelings - the accusations. It's bullying and intimidation. I just let Rusty be Rusty. And FB be FB.

Period.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sufficue her.e to say that if FW Cat discloses any more, he might sue her.

Sorry for any misunderstanding. It was reported that the letter "as folded" did not fit the envelope provided later. And no; I cannot disclose the source of that information, but it is undisputed.

TG, I admit Rusty's home page is hardly MSM, but he should have quoted it from Star Telegram, which I am not familar with.

Perhaps we should now find supporting MSM that provide Fran and Rusty's contradicting statements. Otherwise there is no end to this discussion!:confused:
All accounts of these people's actions, subsequent to their actions are considered "as told to" or "reported by"; it is self-reporting. I have access to Star-Telegram archives, Fort Worth Press has been gone for decades. Dallas Times Herald, also gone forever.

FW_Cat, fair enough, but you know I have to ask!
As far as the rest, you're a smart, empathetic person. Many people know that.

How/Where/When did TT's parents die? Just thinking.
They were still young ?

Via Marple, I don't think FW Cat needs to have the slightest worry about getting sued.
As far as Fran and Rusty saying they went store to store, they've stated that countless times. Here's just one recent instance, referencing an earlier article. They went Christmas shopping and never came home. Decades later, he’s still searching
Many thanks, that is what I was asking for. It's good to see Fran and Rusty's recent photos too, and Fran looking well.
Little Julie wore red and white sneakers and a pale yellow-green T-shirt with “Sweet Honesty” printed across the front.
:rolleyes:

I appreciate it was a direct and recent interview of Fran, while others were quoted from other media.
Langston said she dragged Arnold to the shopping center, entered every store and asked the manager to make an announcement to see if the girls were there.
But there was no date for the above, which was what FW Cat had pointed out before. She might have told the reporter the date and time, and it was just not spelled out, fair enough. She might have forgotten after so many years. But it is also possible that it is not what you think it is.

And there, is the end of my discussion of this point!

I have not disclosed any information that hasn't been published previously, or that cannot be obtained through The Public Library or County Court house. Fort Worth is the seat of Tarrant County. Thus we have access to online databases. It hurts my feeeelings - the accusations. It's bullying and intimidation. I just let Rusty be Rusty. And FB be FB.

Period.
Thanks. I didn't really wish to bring up the subject of FB. There were a lot of personal attacks, which I hope is not allowed on WS.

Just one more point - did you get to see police files that Rusty had access to?

I am so glad to have joined here and then find this case active! Reading now to catch up with all the work done, had read plenty beforehand but am finding new links and info here! Would'nt it be something if the divers do find the vehicle in Benbrook Lake!

Thanks. I didn't really wish to bring up the subject of FB. There were a lot of personal attacks, which I hope is not allowed on WS.

Just one more point - did you get to see police files that Rusty had access to?
I helped sort and organize a pile of "paper". Duplicates, triplicates and more - primarily newspaper clippings. I refused a number of offers to review Rusty's "copy" of the case file. Two reasons. (1) The facts are few and well publicized. Did not want to be distracted by extraneous information. That was an easy choice because (2) The case file open to review by anyone outside of LE has been sanitized. He only thinks he has a copy of the case file. The pile of paper proved that. A lot of interesting detail about dead-end investigations. So. Yes. Pretty sure I saw most of what Rusty was allowed "access to."

I helped sort and organize a pile of "paper". Duplicates, triplicates and more - primarily newspaper clippings. I refused a number of offers to review Rusty's "copy" of the case file. Two reasons. (1) The facts are few and well publicized. Did not want to be distracted by extraneous information. That was an easy choice because (2) The case file open to review by anyone outside of LE has been sanitized. He only thinks he has a copy of the case file. The pile of paper proved that. A lot of interesting detail about dead-end investigations. So. Yes. Pretty sure I saw most of what Rusty was allowed "access to."
I can only hope that LE has more solid evidence collected than what you have described. Including that on the "fewer than 5 suspects".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24