TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well....we are still waiting on the JFK assassination files, aren’t we?
Actually, the waiting is over. They made a very long movie (Kevin Costner 1991) I've never seen, but we apparently know everything there is to know. Congress was bullied into producing a big fat report. The Kennedy's came directly from Love Field to Fort Worth. We gave them a lovely breakfast. When we waved "buh-bye" that morning and sent them back to Dallas - they were fine and dandy. If all-the-king's-horses and all-the-king's-men can't agree on how The President of The United States was murdered in front of thousands of eye-witnesses; what hope is there for 3 south-side Fort Worth girls no one ever heard of?

Clues to 1974 disappearance of 3 Fort Worth girls might be at the bottom of Texas lake

A practice dive was conducted Friday at Burger’s Lake in northwest Fort Worth.

Weather permitting, the cars will be pulled out Sept. 22 by the divers and crew to see if there are any clues to the disappearance of Arnold’s sister, 17-year-old Rachel Trlica. On Dec. 23, 1974, Trlica, Lisa Renee Wilson, 14, and Julie Moseley, 9, went missing after shopping at what was then Seminary South Shopping Center on 4200 South Freeway.

The case is listed as active and open by Fort Worth police, but Arnold said they are not involved in the search at the lake.

No one in LE is involved. What does that tell you? Think about it.....

"Moseley" is spelled correctly. I know Julie's family will appreciate that.

So, FW_Cat, are you saying without saying that bringing the cars up will not provide any answers? At least in the FW3 case?

Have they ever tested for dna on the stamp or the top of the enevelope you lick?

The "someone they trusted," thing has always bothered me. Because what Boetcher actually said is that they "believe" the girls left with some one they trusted. Although it seems straight forward on it's face, its actually a very vague statement. The word believe can mean a number of different things here.

1) They "believe" the girls left with someone they trusted simply because they think it's the most likely scenario and can't otherwise explain how someone could abduct multiple people at once. The word "believe" here could just as well be "speculate"

2) It could also mean that they'd identified the person seen talking to the girls at the mall and knew for a fact the person was someone they trusted, but didn't know if the girls left with this individual because no one saw that happen. Hence the qualifier, "believe."

3) It could mean they have a credible tip, and they "believe" it's true, but no proof.

4) It could also mean they had a suspect in mind and the suspect was someone the girls trusted. Therefore they "believe" the girls left with this person even that there's actually nothing to back it up. Let's hope that's not the case, if it is, there may have been some concrete tips ignored because it wasn't in line with the suspect they have in mind.

The other interesting thing about the "believe the girls left with someone they trusted," statement is that it was made over 25 years after the disappearance and at that time they also said they were focusing on as many as 5 different suspects. This tells me that whatever they had, it wasn't much. Therefore I tend to discount the statement all together. Maybe they left with someone they trusted, maybe they didn't, all we know is the police "believed" they did at one time. This is one of the reasons I'd love to see the police files.

I like solid word choices. As it is, this statement leaves a lot up for interpretation.

6 Terrifying Unsolved Crimes You've Never Heard Of

Police reportedly do believe one thing is true. They believe the trio left Seminary South with someone they knew. Someone they trusted. Only the people involved know what happened after that.

Folieadeuxnola, I'm copying and pasting my post about the police "believing" the girls left with someone they trusted above. I think it's a pretty worthless statement.

Folieadeuxnola, I'm copying and pasting my post about the police "believing" the girls left with someone they trusted above. I think it's a pretty worthless statement.

Indeed it may very well be worthless ... one thing that rings true is .. Only the people involved know what happened after that. whom ever they may be.

For the police to publically state their "theory," however vague, is HUGE. It is what they had been telling the families for years.

Far from being worthless; this statement is the razor's edge. Think of this as a math problem, an equation with two unknowns. You have other factors (knowns), plus X and Y. You set it up to solve. That one statement, made by LE set me in motion to figure this out. In solving an equation with two unknowns it is very “if-this-then-that.”

I reverse engineered the problem. You plug in the most probable guesses until the equation resolves itself.

X=Who

Y= Where

…what…when...how…why… is all in the equation. Facts.

That’s how I ended up at Benbrook lake in about 1 hour and 45 minutes. It is the resolution to the LE’s own theory. If I’m wrong; blow it up. Please.

I'm sorry if this is a morbid or insensitive question.

Is it being insinuated that the girls' remains are in the car? Or, there are just other objects in the car that are related to the case?

Is it possible this was a non-malicious event, such as: the girls run into someone they know. They get drunk or high with this person and end up crashing the car in the lake due to driving recklessly. The person never says a word due to fear of getting into trouble. Or is there enough evidence to suggest foul play?

Is it being insinuated that the girls' remains are in the car? Or, there are just other objects in the car that are related to the case?

Is it possible this was a non-malicious event, such as: the girls run into someone they know. They get drunk or high with this person and end up crashing the car in the lake due to driving recklessly. The person never says a word due to fear of getting into trouble. Or is there enough evidence to suggest foul play?

When the cars are pulled from the lake, we will see what is in them. Most suspect the girls are in the car. If not, it will eliminate one theory.

Get high and drive into the lake? Probably not, since the car they drove to the mall in was still parked at the mall. One of the girls was 9 years old. I highly doubt a 17 year-old and a 14 year-old are out drugging with a 9 year old.

That depends on what car they left the mall in. No one thinks they left on foot. If a car that "disappeared" on paper in 1975, can be tied to a suspect, there will be no way he can explain it. If Longhorn Park is where he "disappeared" that car; it could still be down there. It could have been removed for any number of reasons over the last 44 years - not treated as evidence - only as an underwater hazard (for example.) The details of that removal are in a report - somewhere.
The three cars that are down there were unknown to Benbrook PD and FWPD. So. They weren't reported. I don't think any physical evidence will be recovered from any of those cars. Our home-run is the fact of a car being in the wrong place at the right time. A fact that should be traceable on paper. Whatever is recovered, if it can be done, won't be the end of anything. Maybe it will be a beginning, albeit it an expensive and reckless one.

If a nine-year-old, disappeared while her mother's back was turned for 10 seconds, from a crowded shopping center 2 days before Christmas; who, after 6 hours would not be thoroughly convinced foul play was involved? The FWPD - that's who.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech