TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that the police were the intended audience of the letter. Maybe it was only meant for Debra; maybe the goal was to get her to calm down. Do you think that someone other than Tommy wrote the letter? I think that it's his handwriting, and the fact that the letter doesn't fit in the envelope removes all doubt.
I'm getting confused about the letter was it something taken out of the mailbox and another letter put into the envelope. That makes sense to me. I thought it was mentioned that envelope addressing matched his handwriting. Or is it inconclusive? So confused lol.
If he wrote the note I don't think saying your wife ran off with two minor girls is every a good idea. If it was just his Rachel that would be different. It would still be questionable but it also wouldn't be crazy. A young wife leaving her husband but making sure her sister has a place to live and he isn't alone, believable (maybe??). If he wrote under those circumstances just to give family a peace of mind, not great, but he wouldn't be hurting any other families. If he wanted just for Debra why bother making it appear like the letter went through the postal service?

I'm getting confused about the letter was it something taken out of the mailbox and another letter put into the envelope. That makes sense to me. I thought it was mentioned that envelope addressing matched his handwriting. Or is it inconclusive? So confused lol.
If he wrote the note I don't think saying your wife ran off with two minor girls is every a good idea. If it was just his Rachel that would be different. It would still be questionable but it also wouldn't be crazy. A young wife leaving her husband but making sure her sister has a place to live and he isn't alone, believable (maybe??). If he wrote under those circumstances just to give family a peace of mind, not great, but he wouldn't be hurting any other families. If he wanted just for Debra why bother making it appear like the letter went through the postal service?
The envelope didn't necessarily match his handwriting, but the letter itself did. He was asked to produce an envelope after the fact and most likely grabbed one that he already had. The envelope looks like the generic kind that businesses (banks, insurance agencies, realtors, etc.) use to send Christmas cards to customers. It was probably addressed by some random secretary.

That letter did exactly what it was intended to do.if you look it’s very clear who wrote the envelope. If your wife comes up missing you don’t detour the police. Any one that has served in the Army isn’t ignorant enough to think that letter would just innocently gain them their car back. One wrote in pen one in pencil. The paper doesn’t even fit inside. They were produced separately. The letter is a total hoax! WHY? And it wasn’t to get a car back that no one had custody of. Tommy never admitted to anyone he wrote that letter. Let’s throw the fairy tails where they belong.
I’m still waiting to hear about how Cotton and his brother pulled this off. Who is this brother and where is he even mentioned in this story other than here? I’ve done the genealogy, and his only living brother lived a few hours away from here. Do you suppose this man drove hours only to kidnap three young girls one being his niece?
When you make a story line, it has to make since.
Facts are the girls were at that mall. There was at least one other person with them at the mall that day. The girls left that mall with someone they knew and trusted. The girls NEVER were seen again. Tommy wrote the envelope. I won’t swear to the letter. Cotton Arnold had a cancer treatment that morning and was home. Fran was seen at the neighbors house. Neither were at the shop with Tommy as he states. Cotton did not pick Tommy up for work at 8 am, stay with him at work, and take him home as Tommy’s story goes. Physically impossible. There are medical documents and witnesses to the Arnold family’s whereabouts that day. None to Tommy’s.
Yes you could kill one in a rage and still maintain control of one or both the other and something else happen with the others.
Why isn’t anyone focused on this other person seen with them at the mall. There are multiple accounts of his being there. Their story has changed over the years. He was questioned by police. He headed out of town within two days after. He was best friends with one of the girls brothers. Has that brothers whereabouts and verified? Has mystery man’s whereabouts been verified?
Then you have the question of how mystery man and Tommy are connected in all this? And where does dear sweet Debra fit in? The person seen at the mall, Tommy, Debra, the brother, and wife # 1 all need to be placed in a circle in polygraphs and drilled with questions! All are currently living. No one will nail the ones that were there to the wall! Nail it to the wall!

The envelope didn't necessarily match his handwriting, but the letter itself did. He was asked to produce an envelope after the fact and most likely grabbed one that he already had. The envelope looks like the generic kind that businesses (banks, insurance agencies, realtors, etc.) use to send Christmas cards to customers. It was probably addressed by some random secretary.

You could steam open an envelope and replace a card with the letter.

You could steam open an envelope and replace a card with the letter.
That letter was never in that envelope. The back of that envelope would be very interesting to see. Was there information on the back? How was it opened? Ripped? Neatly? Steamed? With a letter opener?

That letter was never in that envelope. The back of that envelope would be very interesting to see. Was there information on the back? How was it opened? Ripped? Neatly? Steamed? With a letter opener?

If the letter was really legit, they would have brought the envelope to the police to begin with. You don't forget to bring the envelope.

Whats this about them being seen with a man at the mall?
That's a good question. It sounds like gossip to me. I remain unconvinced that the girls ever made it to the mall (although they might have).

If one of them killed Rachel, then it stands to reason that he killed the other girls, too, right?
I would add he or she after All which family member knew people who could dispose of bodies forever.

There is a newspaper article in the Fort Worth Star Telegram on 01/02/1975 that talks of a young man that worked at the record store. He knew Rachel firsthand. Spoke to her. He described the young man who was with them.
There is another article I believe it was the big 2001 write up that states they were seen with at least one person. That fact has been verified by fwpd in writing. Why is no one asking this other person how they and the girls parted ways?

There is a newspaper article in the Fort Worth Star Telegram on 01/02/1975 that talks of a young man that worked at the record store. He knew Rachel firsthand. Spoke to her. He described the young man who was with them.
There is another article I believe it was the big 2001 write up that states they were seen with at least one person. That fact has been verified by fwpd in writing. Why is no one asking this other person how they and the girls parted ways?
This is the first that I'm hearing about a man being with them. (Someone posted a reference to a tall, skinny man in a California jacket who was following the girls.)
Do you have a link to the Fort Worth Star article? I was familiar with the alleged sighting by the record store employee, but I didn't think he had come forward quite that promptly.

I would like to add, how did those girls leave that mall?
This is the first that I'm hearing about a man being with them. (Someone posted a reference to a tall, skinny man in a California jacket who was following the girls.)
Do you have a link to the Fort Worth Star article? I was familiar with the alleged sighting by the record store employee, but I didn't think he had come forward quite that promptly.
I apologize I do not have a link. I will see what I can do to either get one or take a pic of the article and upload it after a while. The other article is dated 03/30/2001. This one stated multiple people saw the girls there and it confirms they were with one other person. California jacket. Hmm. Does that description ring any bells?
Meanwhile I want to hear about the uncle theory you have? I’m very interested in this theory. This is the first I’ve heard of it.

I would like to add, how did those girls leave that mall?

I apologize I do not have a link. I will see what I can do to either get one or take a pic of the article and upload it after a while. The other article is dated 03/30/2001. This one stated multiple people saw the girls there and it confirms they were with one other person. California jacket. Hmm. Does that description ring any bells?
Meanwhile I want to hear about the uncle theory you have? I’m very interested in this theory. This is the first I’ve heard of it.
The information about the uncle came from an Arnold family member who started a chat group on a separate forum. I can't share information from that forum here, but you might be able to find the forum. I actually don't remember what it was called.
I think the family member in question used the moniker erzulirose on websleuths, but I could be wrong.

Here is the link to the Fort Worth Star Telegram article from 01/02/1975: 2 Jan 1975, 13 - Fort Worth Star-Telegram at Newspapers.com

Here is the link to
Thank you. I work from hard copies. A little old school.

Does this work? I attached the article clipping.
Thanks. The record shop guy says that he talked to the girls and "noticed another person, who appeared to be with them." It doesn't say whether that person was male or female.
I think that I had heard about the missing savings bonds before, but I had forgotten about them. Were they ever cashed or located?

Last edited:
One more thing: has anyone talked to this record-store guy in recent years in order to assess his credibility? It's odd that the girls supposedly went to the mall to go Christmas shopping, but apparently no store clerk remembers them buying anything.
I have to consider that the record store guy may have been an attention seeker or may have been mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71