TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That neighborhood in Fort Worth was very safe in 1974. I was a year behind Julie, same elementary school. Kids our age ran all over the place without incident. That said, I don't believe for a second that child would have waited in the car after begging her mom to go.
Absolutely agree. She was 9 and got to hang with the big girls that I’m sure she idolized at that age. If these reports are true where was she?

But remember it was said the older girls didn’t really want her to go,they thought her Mother would say no
So maybe they made her stay behind.I know I went a few times with my older sister and friend guess what they made me stay in the car so they could talk to boys

I would think if the older girls ditched her it would be with someone they considered safe and would be able to pick her up before returning home.

*Just my opinion*
The timeline is worthless in this case. It changes constantly and without any reason given. And sorry, but it just doesn't happen that you call the PD and they tell you they're not coming. And even if in some alternative universe that did happen, if your child was missing wouldn't you march your rear end down to the police station? It's unbelievable to me that so many have bought that narrative for 4 1/2 decades.
I think we agree. I was just trying to suggest without coming right out and saying - if I was a family member wanting to have a conversation with police TODAY - that would be a question they should have no trouble answering. It's a fact they should know and have no reason to keep from family.

I think we agree. I was just trying to suggest without coming right out and saying - if I was a family member wanting to have a conversation with police TODAY - that would be a question they should have no trouble answering. It's a fact they should know and have no reason to keep from family.
So they just accepted that the police weren't coming and didn't call themselves?

I could see the older girls making her wait
That neighborhood in Fort Worth was very safe in 1974. I was a year behind Julie, same elementary school. Kids our age ran all over the place without incident. That said, I don't believe for a second that child would have waited in the car after begging her mom to go.
I could see the older girls making her wait a few minutes while they were at army navy not for the whole trip to the mall. I don't see that as a big deal

I wonder if the time of day the police got involved had something to do with how it got handled. If this same thing happened and got called in at noon, maybe police would have had that whole day to start making rounds and talking to employees, customers, people who's cars were parked nearby. They show up after everybody has gone home? A lot of important time slipped away because of policies and procedures. There was no 911, there was payphones and people on the other end of home phones. I had a question but I lost it. Seems like if the police had known better they'd have done better.
Ok, I remeberd my question though it won't fix a thing. Did mall security call the police? Why did they refuse to come until the mall closed?

I think it would have a lot to do with it . I believe it was Mrs Wilson that made the first report

Not saying ditched for the day but stay in the car we’ll be right back
Maybe they thought her mom would say no, but Renee could have told her "Not this time - next time, I promise." I don't see those girls being mean to Julie. Ditch her or "make" her stay in the car? I never knew them but if this is some sort of motive theory. I don't think "mean girls" makes any sense.

Maybe they thought her mom would say no, but Renee could have told her "Not this time - next time, I promise." I don't see those girls being mean to Julie. Ditch her or "make" her stay in the car? I never knew them but if this is some sort of motive theory. I don't think "mean girls" makes any sense.
I don’t believe anyone is implying that the girls were mean. Simply saying the older girls may have advised her to stay in the car while they ran in, hence the reason it was reported that only the older girls were seen in the store.

I don’t believe anyone is implying that the girls were mean. Simply saying the older girls may have advised her to stay in the car while they ran in, hence the reason it was reported that only the older girls were seen in the store.
Iw as a small store with 1 row of parking. it's not the same as leaving a kid in a car where you can't see him. {edit: I mean her.}

Hi everyone!

Long time reader on this thread, but haven’t posted here yet.

I don’t frequent army surplus stores, but maybe it’s as simple as 2 teenagers didn’t think an army surplus store was an appropriate environment for a 9 year old girl and told Julie to wait in the car because they would just be in there just a few minutes to get Renee’s jeans out of layaway. I don’t see leaving her in the car as mean or unusual. Could also be as simple as she didn’t want to go in and asked to wait in the car for this errand.

JMO

RIP M+J

People have said that the girls would have entered the mall through the Sears garden center. Do you agree with that, based on the car's location?
Yes. Sorry, I know this is an old question. i'm trying to catch up. Sorry if I answered this already.

I'm still focused on which girl's parents found the car. Doubtful that is was Julie's, as they were separated. Possible that it could have been Renee's. Of much added interest if it was Rachel's.

I know the threads are very long and I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I just spent an hour going through the missing clearing house in Tx.
mpDetails
Stacie Madison
Susan Smalley-disappeared from the Dallas area in ‘88. The vehicle that they were driving was found abandoned in a shopping center parking lot. Eerily similiar to the girls.
Kellie Dae Wilson also disappeared just east of Dallas in ‘92. Her car was locked with keys missing.
Yes the girls disappeared in ‘74, but BTK commited his heinous acts for 20 years and he wasn’t the only one. JMO and thought I’d share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay