TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What interest would "organized crime" have in this case? Why would they involve themselves in this case at all if they were not involved in the killing? Are you suggesting they owed the killer(s) a favor or was somehow controlled by the killer? And finally, why do you feel the girls were murdered?

Please understand, I am not disagreeing with you. I am just curious why you think organized crime was involved in this.
My opinion is from the sister working the strip club circuit and the man that owned Gino's owned at least 14 strip clubs in Dallas and Fort Worth back then. JMO.

What interest would "organized crime" have in this case? Why would they involve themselves in this case at all if they were not involved in the killing? Are you suggesting they owed the killer(s) a favor or was somehow controlled by the killer? And finally, why do you feel the girls were murdered?

Please understand, I am not disagreeing with you. I am just curious why you think organized crime was involved in this.
My opinion is from the sister working the strip club circuit and the man that owned Gino's owned at least 14 strip clubs in Dallas and Fort Worth back then. JMO. Second part of your question It's been 45 years with no trace so I don't believe the girls went to Houston on a little vacation.

Last edited:
My opinion is from the sister working the strip club circuit and the man that owned Gino's owned at least 14 strip clubs in Dallas and Fort Worth back then. JMO. Second part of your question It's been 45 years with no trace so I don't believe the girls went to Houston on a little vacation.

BBM...I don't think they went to Houston at all. I believe they never left Fort Worth-alive. Probably killed before anyone ever knew they were missing.

I believe the motive was Rage, Jealousy, a prearranged marriage gone bad, money issues, etc. and two of the three girls were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. God rest their Souls. JMO.

I agree with all of that and I too feel jealousy and rage is what is behind the murders. If the sister you mentioned in Post 62 is who I believe she is...well, I believe she knows exactly what happened and what was done with the bodies.

thats not the first person either ive heard say the youngest one died having a chikd. mymother said the same thing ton me cpl years ago. she also said rachel was killed because she was recognized in a grocery as being the girl missing from nfort worth
Why would someone kill Rachel because they recognized her as a missing persons? Where did your mother hear this information from?

Why would someone kill Rachel because they recognized her as a missing persons? Where did your mother hear this information from?
you must have read that wrong... she stated to me that she was killed because "someone" reconized her in a grocery store as being 1 of the girls missing from fort worth. now where she got this infomation, i do not know. she told me that she remembered rachel. she talked about how pretty she was and then stated she was killed because someone reconized her in a grocery store, therefore she had to die. she also stated that the youngest of the victims died from having a baby. everything i post will probably be deleted soon. hope i could answer and questions you may have.

I believe all three girls were killed that day and were disposed of by organized crime and that's why there hasn't been a trace to be found in 45 years and Yes I believe some family members were involved. JMO.
i read som
None of this case makes sense to me. No matter which way I look at, or which scenario I try to imagine. Very sad.
i feel its all within the cover up

What do you believe to be the motive? What did 3 girls, with they youngest age 9 do to be murdered?

JMO, but I think the perp knew Rachel. Whatever issue he had with her had come to a head by late December 1974.

Imagine a situation where Rachel went to the Mall by herself and was abducted. The list of initial suspects would be very small.

I think the perp needed these other two girls to be there and to be abducted to create confusion. I think the perp knew Rachel was not alone and that's why he had to strike on that date.

Throw in a letter that gets delivered the next day and more confusion gets created. Confusion that exists to this day.

I'm new here but feel free to shoot holes in my theory !!

JMO, but I think the perp knew Rachel. Whatever issue he had with her had come to a head by late December 1974.

Imagine a situation where Rachel went to the Mall by herself and was abducted. The list of initial suspects would be very small.

I think the perp needed these other two girls to be there and to be abducted to create confusion. I think the perp knew Rachel was not alone and that's why he had to strike on that date.

Throw in a letter that gets delivered the next day and more confusion gets created. Confusion that exists to this day.

I'm new here but feel free to shoot holes in my theory !!

Good 1st post and welcome to Websleuths. MOO...I agree that the killer knew Rachel and she was the target. Sadly, the other two were killed because they were with her and the killer wanted to leave no witnesses. Again, MOO, the letter pretty much points directly to the identity of the killer.

"Again, MOO, the letter pretty much points directly to the identity of the killer".

Agree 100%. I think the perp had the means to dispose of the bodies in such a way that that they will never be found. That's why they never cracked, if/when they were interviewed by the FWPD.

The letter served its purpose and diverted the FWPD, for that crucial period of time when the bodies had to be disposed of.

I hope I am wrong, but I fear that looking at old cars in lakes is a waste if time.

Or, more likely, just to eliminate witnesses.

Quite possible, but I think the perp knew Rachel was not going to be alone when he went to the Mall. That suited his plan.

One girl goes missing. Not much of a list of potential suspects. Three girls go missing the suspect list gets a lot longer.

A lot more doors that the cops have to knock on. A lot more phone calls that they have to make.

I have my suspects list i just recently started looking into this case so this is just a guess
  1. The security guard

2. Ted Bundy we truly don’t know how many woman he killed and while technically he was in states like Washington, Oregon, Utah and Florida who’s to say he didn’t travel around the country and pickup women. Most serial killers travel to other states so it could be possible Bundy might have been traveling through Texas at the time and stopped at the mall and saw his opportunity.

3. Ottis Toole who kidnapped Adam Walsh in 1983 from a Sears department store outside a mall in Hollywood Florida might be interesting to look at for this case but he died years ago.

4. If they could find Amber Hagerman killer he could be a prime suspect. Amber was abducted while riding her Bike on January 15th 1996 in Arlington Texas she’s the reason for the Amber Alert

5. Robert Craig Cox who is in prison in Texas claimed in 1997 to know where the Springfield Missing Three were i often wonder if he was part of the Trio’s abduction

I have my suspects list i just recently started looking into this case so this is just a guess
  1. The security guard

2. Ted Bundy we truly don’t know how many woman he killed and while technically he was in states like Washington, Oregon, Utah and Florida who’s to say he didn’t travel around the country and pickup women. Most serial killers travel to other states so it could be possible Bundy might have been traveling through Texas at the time and stopped at the mall and saw his opportunity.

3. Ottis Toole who kidnapped Adam Walsh in 1983 from a Sears department store outside a mall in Hollywood Florida might be interesting to look at for this case but he died years ago.

4. If they could find Amber Hagerman killer he could be a prime suspect. Amber was abducted while riding her Bike on January 15th 1996 in Arlington Texas she’s the reason for the Amber Alert

5. Robert Craig Cox who is in prison in Texas claimed in 1997 to know where the Springfield Missing Three were i often wonder if he was part of the Trio’s abduction
I can’t see how stranger danger fits here because of the letter. Can you fathom Bundy or any other serial killer snatching a woman and sending a note to her home explaining exactly where to find her vehicle? No. The car would be hidden and burned or crushed out. It’s evidence...Possibly a crime scene.

Apparently there was a guy wearing a jacket with 'California' written on the back who may have been following the girls that day in the Mall.

Any idea who he might be ? I assume he never came forward to the Police back then or since ?

Apparently there was a guy wearing a jacket with 'California' written on the back who may have been following the girls that day in the Mall.

Any idea who he might be ? I assume he never came forward to the Police back then or since ?
Put your reading glasses on and start reading all the previous threads and you will learn ALL about California Jacket Guy and nooo one is going to interview the Guy now cause he's Dead.

He left town shortly after the murders-probably out of fear for his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper