TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes. The friend's statement places Rachel and the girls there between 9:00 am-10:00 am, for about 20 minutes.
Great, I didn't know we had a time which is a bonus. I notice you mention Rachel and the girls...means Julie was with them. She was not sighted at the Army Navy store. I am guessing she may have stayed in the car with VB, while the other two collected their stuff.

Great, I didn't know we had a time which is a bonus. I notice you mention Rachel and the girls...means Julie was with them. She was not sighted at the Army Navy store. I am guessing she may have stayed in the car with VB, while the other two collected their stuff.
TBH, I was going from memory that all three girls were actually seen at this alleged stop. Need to look it up to confirm, my apologies. I'm sure about the time, though.
As for the A/N store, I agree that VB was likely in the car with Julie, while Rachel and Renee were inside. I do remember mention of the parking at A/N being in front of the building, and have always wondered whether the Olds and its occupants could be seen/observed from within the store.

Last edited:
Sorry, but DA says Rachel asked her to drop her off around 10am,
Rachel asked DA to drop her off somewhere at 10 am? That's the first I'm hearing of that.
and I always knew Rachel, Renee and Julie left Gordon Ave at 12pm, how could they have been seen between 9am and 10am?
I agree, that doesn't sound right, but that's the girl's statement. I can't post the original, because of the source.

RSBM.

I seem to recall reading that they visited a shoe/clothing store where a friend of Rachel was working, that morning. Does anyone else recall reading this ?
I was reading this yesterday :

"I did find a poster who remembered the girls stopping at her home before trip to Army and Navy. She sounds legit as she said she has given details to police. There was also another stop at a store selling shoes. Believe this was prior to Army/Navy. The shoe store appeared to be more of social visit to see if girl working known to Rachel wanted to join shopping group."

This shoe store is new for me.

Sorry, but DA says Rachel asked her to drop her off around 10am, and I always knew Rachel, Renee and Julie left Gordon Ave at 12pm, how could they have been seen between 9am and 10am?
What makes you so sure the girls left Gordon Ave at 12pm ? I am not looking to be confrontational, but that seems a bit 'late' to me. They probably would have met their friends at the Mall if they left Gordon that late ?

Do you think they made it to the Mall ?

What makes you so sure the girls left Gordon Ave at 12pm ? I am not looking to be confrontational, but that seems a bit 'late' to me. They probably would have met their friends at the Mall if they left Gordon that late ?

Do you think they made it to the Mall ?
I reread what I've written, I reread the unwritten notes, I see:
-Rachel left Minot around 10 a.m.
-Renee and Julie Ann were last seen at Gordon's at 12:00 (noon).
-Rachel returns at Minot at 12:30 (when the boy's mother is in Minot for her son). (DA+S the mother)

I reread what I've written, I reread the unwritten notes, I see:
-Rachel left Minot around 10 a.m.
-Renee and Julie Ann were last seen at Gordon's at 12:00 (noon).
-Rachel returns at Minot at 12:30 (when the boy's mother is in Minot for her son). (DA+S the mother)
This means IMO
Rachel may have been at her mother's house around 11am to see her (even in the absence of FA, if any)
She may have gone to a shoe store to see a girl she knows at around 11:30 a.m.
(or vice versa).
We can assume that, since the morning, Rachel has been looking for someone older than a child to accompany her. And in this case, why not a man she knows if she doesn't find a girl/woman?

If the 3 girls are at the shoe store, IMO it's after 12:35. In that case, they're probably at the A/N store by 1pm

Last edited:
I'd like to suggest that Rachel remembered that little S's mom was coming to Minot at 12:30 (IMO)

Due to #499

and

And I think it was after that that the girls went to the A/N Store, and then possibly to the Mall.
Of course the time range would depend on whether Rachel went to the shoe store, alone before Gordon or later with the girls.
And she may have dropped off a possible "hitchhiker" en route before returning to Minot. But I think this time delay due to forgetfulness may explain why the girls with whom she had an appointment at the Mall left, not seeing Rachel and Renee arrive.

Last edited:
Of course, this makes absolutely no sense in terms of movement/travel in town (as with something we forget to do), but it does offer a smoother version of events.
What's more, this once again raises the real question of where the child was that morning, at his mother's or at TT's house, and who was looking after him, since we have one at work, one away, one asleep.
-JMO from my notes in 2022-

Last edited:
Of course, this makes absolutely no sense in terms of movement/travel in town (as with something we forget to do), but it does offer a smoother version of events.
What's more, this once again raises the real question of where the child was that morning, at his mother's or at TT's house, and who was looking after him, since we have one at work, one away, one asleep.
-JMO from my notes in 2022-
I've always assumed the adult sleeping in the house counted as "supervision". Because the girls had the child in the car backing out of the driveway (According to ST), to me that suggests a possibility DA was not in the house at that time.

TX - TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #6 #654

"The fact the present was still lying on the floor (of the car - Ed.) raises the question of why Renee did not give it to S(....)'s mother when she allegedly saw her that day. The mother wrote a statement saying () she came to pick up S(....) and the Renee and Julie were with Rachel. It may have been an oversight."

This fits in with being late for this rendezvous point.

Does anyone know the source of the (rumor?) circulating on the forum that the two girls Rachel and Renee had meeting for lunch at the Mall were Julie's sister (11y) and her best friend?

Does anyone know the source of the (rumor?) circulating on the forum that the two girls Rachel and Renee had meeting for lunch at the Mall were Julie's sister (11y) and her best friend?
I believe it came straight from Janet, Julie's sister. They were meeting them later because one of the girls had some chores she needed to do around the house.

FWIW, I think they just said they would meet them there around noon, there were no plans to eat lunch. Hence their lack of concern when the other 3 didn't show up.

Trying to locate somewhere The Record Bar in SS (next door to Murphy's), I found this on Fort Worth Forum from a poster
"Crime was bad in the center when I worked there in 1973-1975. We had a security guard that would walk the employees to their cars after closing. I remember one night a thief hid in the store after we closed and set off the motion alarm. We had cameras that scanned all over the store and one of my jobs was to watch the monitor for shoplifters when I didn't have customers. I never caught one but it was fun watching people. I could control the cameras that rotated around the store and it freaked out kids when the camera would follow them around."
[bold=me]

HI ! I'm trying to clarify some facts, because doing a serious job need accurate information.

Rachel Trlica date of marriage :
In WS thread1 - June 2009, a poster who "grew up in Fort Worth in the same neighborhood as T.... T......" and "knew one of T....'s Wives during the early 70's"
did "a search on a Texas Divorce and Marriage record site" and found the date of 6/8/1974, which is Saturday 8 June 1974 for Euro continentals.
Calculated by the Fort Worth Weekly in the "Portrait of a True Crime Character" story as "only 43 days later" after TT's first divorce, but indicating 17 years for Rachel's age. In fact she was only 16. At the time of her disappearance, she was just 17 actually.
We rarely find the wedding date, and when we do it says July (or 6 months before), whereas 6 months before its June ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans
Back