TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What  really burns me is that Rachel's own family and two P.I.s have all allegedly theorized the girls were sold into prostitution (that's not why I think it btw, but anyway). But no one to my knowledge, has ever seriously searched for them in that industry. Allegedly the girls were sighted all over the place, but no one said "Hey, call the cops. I found them over on such-and-such St". Trust me, very few in that line of work are volunteers. I often wonder what prompted Rachel's sister to get into "dancing", as she was in a very similar predicament herself, imo. JMO
Because of this rabbit hole case I have researched that question.. Most often waitresses get approached for dancing.

I'd agree with sold-into-prostitution victims having a hard time reaching out. But I think of these and other 'kept' victims as either having no one actively looking for them in the first place, having a language barrier, and/or extraordinary cases like Jaycee Dugard. But I agree if they were kept drugged, and eventually turned to drugs they likely didn't live long. Plus the tech of the 70s and even 80s wasn't on their side.

But it does seem pat. Unless someone is in trafficking, I don't see it happening so quickly with no plan. I have no doubt there is trafficking, but in this case, I lean more toward something chaotic happening that day, for whatever reason, and they are dead. I'd say they're in the lake or buried on what was personal property, or some as yet unknown seemingly middle of nowhere plot. I say "seemingly" because if one had equipment, it wouldn't be hard to bury an entire car. Did anyone in this case have a farm, with horses or cattle? Or own acres that are still not developed...we are talking TX.

But it does seem pat. Unless someone is in trafficking, I don't see it happening so quickly with no plan.
RSBM
It's possible Rachel's parents or sister (or even husband) owed the wrong people money (loansharks, drugs, etc) and couldn't pay up. Rachel may've been sent to one of the stops I mentioned earlier for this reason, and the girls taken/held. If so, then I think VB drove the Olds to 6th Ave and the negotiating began. "A" family tried to hit up TT for the money, but he didn't have it. So the girls were taken as payment.
All three had to be taken, for the same reason all three would potentially be killed in other scenarios- they knew too much. Also, sadly, the younger girls would be very "marketable" (pains me to type that). JMO
I have no doubt there is trafficking, but in this case, I lean more toward something chaotic happening that day, for whatever reason, and they are dead. I'd say they're in the lake or buried on what was personal property, or some as yet unknown seemingly middle of nowhere plot. I say "seemingly" because if one had equipment, it wouldn't be hard to bury an entire car. Did anyone in this case have a farm, with horses or cattle? Or own acres that are still not developed...we are talking TX.
Weelll, if they were killed that day, and aren't in Benbrook Lake, and Rachel's parents were complicit, I would consider searching their place. The house is small, but there's a bit of a backyard, and some rather large trees that were likely very young or non-existent in 1974.
ETA: Houses were not searched that night, Rachel's parents did not appear at SS when the families met LE at the car, and the one parent most likely to go hunting for the girls was dutifully staked out watching the Olds at SS. js

Last edited:
I'm leaning toward them surviving that day, but likely being deceased by now.
I tend to go the other way. My best guess is that all three were killed is a spur of the moment type of event, early in the afternoon of December 23, 1974.

Those bones of three people they found on 1976 really need to be retested with modern technology.

The bones that were found were deemed to be of three people of similar ages to the girls and were believed to have been buried 18 months earlier.

If they were not the missing girls, who on earth could they be ?

Those bones of three people they found on 1976 really need to be retested with modern technology.

The bones that were found were deemed to be of three people of similar ages to the girls and were believed to have been buried 18 months earlier.

If they were not the missing girls, who on earth could they be ?
Actually, the bones found in 1976 near Alvin, TX (initially thought to be two young females and a young male) turned out to be those of 14 yr old Georgia Geer and 12 yr old Brooks Bracewell (who went missing about the same time as the Trio).

According to Gone Cold-Texas True Crime podcast on the trio (Episode 4: Jon Swaim and the Brazoria Bones), there were actually no remains found at Alvord, TX, it was a mis-print and Wikipedia goofed. jmo

Last edited:
I tend to go the other way. My best guess is that all three were killed is a spur of the moment type of event, early in the afternoon of December 23, 1974.
 IF this is what happened, I think the girls' bodies are still in the Fort Worth area, where they could be found. I think that's one reason FWPD has acted so oddly over the years. If there were no LE involvement or no way bodies could ever be recovered (i e. the incinerator), I really don't believe we'd see the behavior we've seen of detectives early on, and (imo) refusal to pursue the case now. It's an "open investigation" that's  not being investigated!!
FWIW, although several "tips" inferred the girls' bodies were dumped rather than buried, I tend to think they were disposed of by shrewd individuals who knew how to make evidence disappear. I still believe corrupt LE had a hand in this somewhere. FW_Froggy, there's your Organized Crime involvement. jmo

Last edited:
Actually, the bones found in 1976 near Alvin, TX (initially thought to be two young females and a young male) turned out to be those of 14 yr old Georgia Geer and 12 yr old Brooks Bracewell (who went missing about the same time as the Trio).

According to Gone Cold-Texas True Crime podcast on the trio (Episode 4: Jon Swaim and the Brazoria Bones), there were actually no remains found at Alvord, TX, it was a mis-print and Wikipedia goofed. jmo

Ah, okay. Good that that is cleared up. Looks like LE did not do a great job when those two girls went missing, either.

Alvin, TX is in the epicenter of the Texas killing fields murders around Houston and down to Galveston.

it would be a huge coincidence that the FW trio was dumped in the playing ground of a serial killer many hundred miles south of DFW!

Is the 'plans for lunch with other girls' a known fact in terms of their plans? Because it's also possible that was a cover story to give them time with NOT other girls after the mall. Could one or them OD'd and the whole thing is a panicked coverup rather than an intentional criminal act? It's sad to think it could really be that simple, but it makes sense.

Is the 'plans for lunch with other girls' a known fact in terms of their plans? Because it's also possible that was a cover story to give them time with NOT other girls after the mall. Could one or them OD'd and the whole thing is a panicked coverup rather than an intentional criminal act? It's sad to think it could really be that simple, but it makes sense.

JMO, but I don't think one of the girls OD'ing would lead to all three disappearing for 50 years.

My best guess is that the girls meeting with VB earlier that day is what set events in motion. Although, I don't believe VB was involved in their disappearance.

JMO, but I don't think one of the girls OD'ing would lead to all three disappearing for 50 years.

My best guess is that the girls meeting with VB earlier that day is what set events in motion. Although, I don't believe VB was involved in their disappearance.
That's just an example of something dramatic and sudden. I think they disappeared in one day, and haven't been found for 50 years.

Lots of info

Is the 'plans for lunch with other girls' a known fact in terms of their plans? Because it's also possible that was a cover story to give them time with NOT other girls after the mall.
There's been lots of discussion about the plans to meet for lunch, but no mention (that I know of) how they were paying for it. Rachel and Renee had a little money, but it was spoken for. If Julie had money (doubtful), it was spoken for. I don't know about the others, but possibly their ride (granny) gave them money.
IMO, if there  were plans made to eat out, it was somewhere very cheap. Having said that, yes- those plans could be a cover story for something else. Between granny allegedly dropping them off/picking them up, they could've gone  anywhere. jmo
Could one or them OD'd and the whole thing is a panicked coverup rather than an intentional criminal act? It's sad to think it could really be that simple, but it makes sense.
That possibility has been suggested.

Last edited:
Ironically, it is the Runaway Letter that rules out a scenario when one of the girls OD'd and they ran away, IMO.
Not necessarily. The writer transitions from "I" to "we", but numbers and names are omitted, except for Rachel's alleged signature. I can see a scenario where something happened to Julie and the other two run (or less likely, Renee OD's and Julie and Rachel flee). It may be unlikely (and I feel it is), but it's not impossible. jmo

Ironically, it is the Runaway Letter that rules out a scenario when one of the girls OD'd and they ran away, IMO.
I don't think one of them of them OD'd and they ran away. I think it's possible one OD'd and the 2 others were killed to silence them. The letter would likely be created to divert immediate attention towards Houston while some panicked people decided what to do with 3 bodies. I think there was some deciding even if the letter was written by someone not involved.

If not an OD, possibly two of them witnessed something happening to the third, or all 3 witnessed something they shouldn't have. Depending on what that was, a split second decision could have been made by someone not willing to go to prison. I always come back to the fact that Julie wasn't supposed to be there. With all but the most disciplined professional hits, that invites uncertainty if not total chaos. I think something "bad" escalated quickly to catastrophic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit
Back