TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
Please continue here

JMoseley.jpg
MTrlica.jpg
LWilson.jpg

Julie Ann Moseley - left
Mary Rachel Trlica - center
Lisa Renee Wilson - right

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Thread #6

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, you posted inaccurate information about the Lyon (no s) sisters' case, so it was necessary for me to "get into the weeds" in order to clarify the matter. Since LLW has been mentioned is a suspect, information about him and his known crimes needs to be represented accurately. His uncle worked as a mall security guard, and an unknown security guard has been mentioned as as suspect in this case. Do we know whether Richard Welch was in Texas in 1974?
Discussion of other suspects may be moot if Operation Bring Them Up finds a car connected to Tommy Trlica with three skeletons in it.
Does anyone think TT might off himself the night before the cars are brought up? I know there was some back and forth in the 70s regarding the Supreme Court and death penalty statutes, but I don't remember the details. Would TT be eligible for the death penalty in this case?

Yes. Murder of a child under the age of 12 is capital murder inTX.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
Do you know the make and model of TT's personal vehicle? Was it a Corvair?

I did find a post where you said that you thought TT had made some phone calls from a pay phone (while pretending to be at work). How far is Benbrook Lake from that pay phone? Could he have sunk the car and then walked to the pay phone from the lake?

Yes. Murder of a child under the age of 12 is capital murder inTX.
Lloyd lee Welch disposed of the Lyon sisters by burning their bodies on Taylor mountain. He actually claimed that he burned omen of the sisters and buried the other one somewhere else.

Lloyd lee Welch disposed of the Lyon sisters by burning their bodies on Taylor mountain. He actually claimed that he burned omen of the sisters and buried the other one somewhere else.
Maybe you should say, "Lloyd Lee Welch says that he disposed of . . .." I don't doubt that he participated in their abduction, but no detail of his confession should be taken at face value.

Maybe you should say, "Lloyd Lee Welch says that he disposed of . . .." I don't doubt that he participated in their abduction, but no detail of his confession should be taken at face value.
His father and uncle are apparently the ones who killed the girls according to his confession. Lloyd Lee Welch claimed that he disposed of their remains by burning one of the girls on Taylor mountain but he didn’t say what he did to the other. Authorities believe he buried the other girl in Washington D.C.

Last edited:
He has been charged with their murders.

Officials hope to recover their bodies but have been unsuccessful in doing so. They found bone fragments in Taylor Mountain and have already ruled that some are animal.

<modsnip - quoted post and reference to it removed>
It looks like Rusty is also of the same opinion, as he shared with the media:

Arnold was 11 when the girls went missing, and the group of volunteers are focusing on the cars because they believe one of the vehicles belongs to a person of interest in the case who knew the girls.

Arnold did not disclose the name of the person of interest.

“At the same time the girls went missing, we believe the vehicle he was driving also disappeared,” Arnold said in an August telephone interview with the Star-Telegram.
Divers pull car out of lake searching for clues to the 1974 disappearance of 3 girls

So if that's the case, even though we don't know for sure which car TT was driving on that day, there must be a number of people who knew which car he had been driving, that had then disappeared. And can remember the make and model.

....Please tell me if I have confused myself again!

Thanks again. It looks like Rusty is also of the same opinion, as he shared with the media:

Divers pull car out of lake searching for clues to the 1974 disappearance of 3 girls

So if that's the case, even though we don't know for sure which car TT was driving on that day, there must be a number of people who knew which car he had been driving, that had then disappeared. And can remember the make and model.

....Please tell me if I have confused myself again!

Via Marple, I am under the impression that the theory Rusty isn't "also" of the same opinion. And what I mean by that is that he didn't come to his theory independently. He is working on FW_Cat's theory.

There have been some posts about other topics, so I'll repeat my previous questions (to FW_Cat):

Do you know the make and model of TT's personal vehicle? Was it a Corvair?

I did find a post where you said that you thought TT had made some phone calls from a pay phone (while pretending to be at work). How far is Benbrook Lake from that pay phone? Could he have sunk the car and then walked to the pay phone from the lake?

I wonder if the car lifted was his. I wonder what the models of the two other cars are.

Not to step on Cat’s toes, but the Wedgewood bowling alley was 4.5 - 5 miles from Longhorn Park, depending on the route taken. It’s been closed a long time but the address was 5251 Wonder Dr in Fort Worth, if anyone wants to Mapquest it to Longhorn Park (have to map it to Longhorn Dr instead because that park’s been closed for awhile as well).

<modsnip - discussing info from closed fb group>

Not to step on Cat’s toes, but the Wedgewood bowling alley was 4.5 - 5 miles from Longhorn Park, depending on the route taken. It’s been closed a long time but the address was 5251 Wonder Dr in Fort Worth, if anyone wants to Mapquest it to Longhorn Park (have to map it to Longhorn Dr instead because that park’s been closed for awhile as well).

<modsnip - discussing info from closed fb group>
Any word on why they brought up car no. 1 first? Was it on top of or in the way of car no. 2?

Maybe the girls are in the second car and that is why it’s so heavy and it’s why it was difficult to lift.

Maybe the girls are in the second car and that is why it’s so heavy and it’s why it was difficult to lift.

The weight of the skeletal remains would be neglibible. It could just be a larger vehicle, like a Chrysler Imperial or an LTD. The weight of any mud in it would also be a factor.

I was on the boat when the vehicles were first located in July 2014. The Equusearch captain thought the second vehicle was a pickup truck based on the sonar image. The diver reported to the surface that it was a sedan, that the trunk was open. That "void" was misinterpreted by the person looking at the image. The first car found is upside down, submerged to the door handles in the muck, roughly 22' down. The third car is intact, roughly 45' down, but not on the bottom of the lake. Cars 2 & 3 are lodged on the limestone wall of the channel, one at a severe angle. The chassis' are caught on something. There are a lot of old concrete structures, steel reinforced piles with rebar sticking out in all directions. The only safe thing to do is take strong lights, the right cameras, in teams of two with a third on the surface recording and documenting as they dictate what they see. That is all the danger anyone should put themselves in. It's plenty. I think Rachel is in the trunk of a car. The other girls were in the back seat. I think the heartless *advertiser censored* got behind the wheel started the car rolling with the door open -stepped out at the last second. shut the door, watched it continue over the bluff, knowing the girls had no hope of escape. IMO, all 3 drowned.
How did you determine that only Rachel was in the trunk?

Wouldn't putting all of them in the trunk have ensured that no one could escape?

Last edited:
How do we even know if the girls could swim? Maybe Rachel and Lisa but what about Julie?

Any word on why they brought up car no. 1 first? Was it on top of or in the way of car no. 2?

Kinda wondered that myself. Car #2 was upside down and buried in mud as opposed to car #1, which came right up and was on the trailer pretty quick. And car #3 is expected to fall apart when retrieved. Maybe they chose easiest first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper