TX TX - Katy, Wht/HispFem 25-35, UP6774, Mickey Mouse tattoo, Dec'09 *GRAPHIC*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The more times I look at this picture, the harder it is for me to believe this woman's race is white. I know I read that she does not have any African American heritage, but I'm wondering if she isn't Hispanic or American Indian. Do you think the reported race has kept someone from coming forward about her identity? Just a thought.

The broad cheekbones would suggest some sort of ethnic mix, but there are certain skeletal indicators of hispanic and Native American ancestry (such as concave posterior side of the upper incisors, which indicate Asian or Native ancestry). If they did a thorough anthropological examination, they would have looked for those markers.

I would suppose that there are probably instances of persons with that ethnicity who don't have those skeletal markers. With everything, there are always exceptions (or outliers on a bell curve)

Thanks to the excellent work done by CarlK90245, KHOU/Chan 11, was able to provide the public with images that will hopefully lead to this young lady's identification.

The video hasn't been posted yet, but the images & story have:

http://www.khou.com/news/ID-of-woma...mains-a-mystery-one-year-later-112648274.html

Hats off to CarlK90245 - Thank you!

Barbara

A nasty quote by shello39 in the comments, but they are correct in complaining about why no forensic sketch from a sketch artist has been done.

<Mod snip>

A nasty quote by shello39 in the comments, but they are correct in complaining about why no forensic sketch from a sketch artist has been done.

You only need to go to Porchlight's ID'd Comparisons section to see that "Board Certified" forensic artists aren't infallible. Sometimes they get it pretty close, but just as often, they miss it completely.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/index.php?showforum=140

And I don't think I'm being self-serving in saying that these two images are much closer to what she looked like than many images by "experts" are of other UID's with equally clear postmortem photos. (For example, Look at the four images of Buckskin Girl in Doe Network. The four depictions, all done by "experts" are off by a mile.)

By the way, Shello is a former member of WS (recently banned) who has made similar comments on this and other threads, and has been equally disparaging not just to me, but to other WS members.

Let's get back to business. From now on, if there is a concern about how things are being sleuthed, please contact a mod or admin privately.

This forum is way too important to us to have squabbles. Every one of you is held in high esteem for what you are doing here to find answers for families. I've come here often to see if some of the work here will help resolve a missing person's case, especially the Wix case.

:grouphug:

Nice pictures CarlK - Wow! You do good work!

Prayers that the renditions help to find her family and give her back her name.

Salem

Carlk, I think you did a great job and I look forward to this case being resolved. I am now anxious to hear of any responses the news article generates. Thanks also to BarbaraTXCrimeNews for pursing this case and posting an anniversary article. It is important that out society not forget these people who are unidentified and missing from someone's life.

Carl, you're an angel to take the time to help this young lady and your work is wonderful!

The video has now been posted:

http://www.khou.com/news/ID-of-woma...mains-a-mystery-one-year-later-112648274.html

Thanks again!

Barbara

You only need to go to Porchlight's ID'd Comparisons section to see that "Board Certified" forensic artists aren't infallible. Sometimes they get it pretty close, but just as often, they miss it completely.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/index.php?showforum=140

And I don't think I'm being self-serving in saying that these two images are much closer to what she looked like than many images by "experts" are of other UID's with equally clear postmortem photos. (For example, Look at the four images of Buckskin Girl in Doe Network. The four depictions, all done by "experts" are off by a mile.)

By the way, Shello is a former member of WS (recently banned) who has made similar comments on this and other threads, and has been equally disparaging not just to me, but to other WS members.

"404 NOT FOUND" when I try the link...is it just me?

Let's get back to business. From now on, if there is a concern about how things are being sleuthed, please contact a mod or admin privately.

This forum is way too important to us to have squabbles. Every one of you is held in high esteem for what you are doing here to find answers for families. I've come here often to see if some of the work here will help resolve a missing person's case, especially the Wix case.

:grouphug:

I agree. I would also like to point out, it is a TOS violation to discuss former WS members. In some cases, we mods decide to not remove but leave posts as an example. In this case, I will leave Carlk's post and others as an example....

Whatever the case, we all have one goal, and that is to bring the unidentified home and give them their name back. There is no room at WS for temper tantrums from anyone who disagrees with how each of us wish to volunteer our time or skills as amatuers- provided they are within TOS.

Carlk's work has been recognized by both ME's and MSM and he has never claimed to be a professional, this is a hobby for him just as our time and sleuthing is for all of us who participate here.

Let's move on and continue the fantastic work everyone here has to offer the help bring these UID's a name and home.

Thank you,
Cubby

ETA: the above post is general and not intended to single out any individual member.

Bumping for this case. Nothing from the recent news articles??? If not, we definitely need to look outside of the local area.

I decided to repost the UID's Namus profile to bring it to the end of the thread. I was hoping there would have been activity since the news updates a few months back.

there are 11 rule-outs listed, which looks like an improvement from a year ago from mtroopers's post #76 where there were two listed:

https://identifyus.org/cases/6774

The broad cheekbones would suggest some sort of ethnic mix, but there are certain skeletal indicators of hispanic and Native American ancestry (such as concave posterior side of the upper incisors, which indicate Asian or Native ancestry). If they did a thorough anthropological examination, they would have looked for those markers.

I would suppose that there are probably instances of persons with that ethnicity who don't have those skeletal markers. With everything, there are always exceptions (or outliers on a bell curve)

Fwiw, living in a highly hispanic/mexican town, I have noticed you are considered "white w/hispanic origins" unless you are aa/black or asian? Do not know if this is wide spread "thinking". The recent census made it click for me. I fill out alot of papers for my mix#d children, so this question gets attention from me on a personal level.

Just trying to help, and do.t know how :)

Technically, there are only three races in the world (Negroid, Caucasoid, and Mongoloid). All of the distinctions that commonly define us (e.g., Hispanic, Middle Eastern, etc.) are ethnicities.

So your example "White w/Hispanic Origins" is caucasoid race and Hispanic ethnicity.

Technically, there are only three races in the world (Negroid, Caucasoid, and Mongoloid). All of the distinctions that commonly define us (e.g., Hispanic, Middle Eastern, etc.) are ethnicities.

So your example "White w/Hispanic Origins" is Caucasoid race and Hispanic ethnicity.

Yes, my apologies, I meant ethnicity. Thank you for the correction. :)

We moved to Houston in Aug of 2009 for school, and I shared this case with my husband last night, since it was the first I'd heard of it. He made a couple good points, but at this point I'm sure they've already been considered. Since there's no progress, I thought it couldn't hurt to bring them up.

People have touched on the possible reasons for the victim's not carrying ID. I'm more inclined to think she was just homeless than that she deliberately left her ID at home because she was engaging in something illegal. That's not to say that she couldn't have been doing something illegal, too, but I really believe she was homeless, especially since she didn't seem to be missing from anywhere.

I wonder if anyone checked in with the shelters in the area, such as the Star of Hope. Star of Hope is pretty organized, and I'm sure that they have records of who stays there, so I'm sure someone would have been noticed missing after not too long, but what about some of the other shelters that may not register everyone? I suppose that wouldn't help much, if they never had her name to begin with. I don't know... I just think that even when people are homeless they usually have SOMEONE who knows of them. We see it on First 48 all the time, when the detectives go around the homeless communities and ask if anyone has seen a victim or a perpetrator. Doing that may never help to find out her real name or who her family is, but at least it might provide some information about where she belonged and who knew her.

I LOVE the pictures, CarlK. I really commend anyone who puts that much time into something voluntarily, so I'm not saying this to criticize anybody, just a thought... I don't put too much into the Elkin's HS jacket. Honestly, who really wears their high school jacket at the age of 25-35? Of course, it's a possibility if someone was homeless and hadn't gotten new clothes since, but I'm more inclined to think that she never went to Elkin's and got the jacket somewhere else, maybe from Goodwill, for example. It doesn't hurt to look into it, but I'm not even sure that a person's real HS jacket would still fit at that age. I guess the lower end of the age rage isn't that many years out of school, but I'm 24 and don't even know where my high school outfits are. Like I said ,though, if it was someone who unfortunately didn't have much, I could see her hanging on to it. Who knows.

there are now 22 rule outs:

Mindy Arnett 1981 Michigan
Rebekah Bramel 1981 Oregon
Amanda Carroll 1979 New Jersey
Patricia Corona 1967 Arizona
Darla Crist 1963 Arizona
Tina D'Ambrosio 1961 Arizona
Linda Davis 1946 Oklahoma
Alicia Digna 1982 Michigan
Leann Faulk 1963 Maryland
Crystal Hall 1984 Kentucky
Jodi Huisentruit 1968 Iowa