Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now worries! Did I quote myself? The internet is hard! Lol. I've had kids in HEB for the last 19 years. I'm still surprised by this one though. I had a different senerio in my head. I asked threads back if anyone knew how much interaction she had with biological father. It was never answered (assuming no one really knows). My question on that still stands however-however now for slightly different reasons.

How about calling a spade a spade?

At 14, I was cutting wood in summers, finding parking places for cars and selling water in stadiums during weekends.

I was not selling drugs or doing other undesirables for quick money. Because we were raised to know you gotta earn your money and we were installed with highly accurate moral-compasses.

What else will these people will do for "Quick'" money later on?

such empathy..

We don't know if the suspect's parents are even in the picture. So far as I know, there has been no mention of them. Perhaps the suspect just drifted around from family (uncle) or friends.

I think Katydid is on to something here the saying he's a bad influence on the younger kids sounds just like she's his mother and his age at the time of living at source1 house makes me agree with Katy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow...seeing some judgmenal posts here, moo...well I'll admit I wasn't the perfect 14 year old either. Hormones are flying, and I got involved with the wrong people for a brief period. It happens to the best us, whether or not your raised with a "highly accurate moral compass". :rolleyes:

Not all teens are going to be goody two shoes, especially if self esteem is low and they are around certain peer groups, moo.

such empathy..

I feel for her early demise. Sad that a young girl is lost. Unfortunately, inevitable in these circles. Everyone I know from same circles is either dead, or in jail. It is not surprising. High risk. These people are no longer normal -- they are most of the time detached from reality. So bad things happen. They can't reason properly.

What I don't find right is the mentality to promote her to "ANGEL" status.

Wow...seeing some judgmenal posts here, moo...well I'll admit I wasn't the perfect 14 year old either. Hormones are flying, and I got involved with the wrong people for a brief period. It happens to the best us, whether or not your raised with a "highly accurate moral compass". :rolleyes:

Not all teens are going to be goody two shoes, especially if self esteem is low and they are around certain peer groups, moo.

My response was directed to the post I quoted... "Easy Money" being the justification.

I can't attest what grade she would have been starting but can tell you that Central Dr. Is the dividing line for L.D. Bell and Trinity high school boundaries (that being said-that apartment complex is on the LD Bell side of the boundary). Summer school classes for the entire HEB school district are held at one school in the district for all jr high and high school students so that only one school has to use electricity and resources (this knowledge from having a child who attended summer school in the district a couple summers ago). At the time it did enter my mind that 7th graders were being schooled with 12th graders during summer school (different classes of course-just same building). Junior highs in the district are 7th-8th-9th (there are 5). Both of the high schools are 10th-12th.

BBM. Thank you for this info. In a previous thread there was discussion of KC going summer school. I would have to look back to find the source but I think her teachers spoke about this at one of the vigils held. Based on the info that grades 7-12th graders attend the same building for summer classes, that *could* be how KC and the suspect met. If they took the bus to summer school classes while he was living with his girlfriend's family, they would be on the same bus, have waited at the same bus stop and then in the same building where they could have interacted in the hallway on breaks. Just a theory. :moo:

I feel for her early demise. Sad that a young girl is lost. Unfortunately, inevitable in these circles. Everyone I know from same circles is either dead, or in jail. It is not surprising. High risk. These people are no longer normal -- they are most of the time detached from reality. So bad things happen. They can't reason properly.

What I don't find right is the mentality to promote her to "ANGEL" status.

How do you know she's NOT an angel?

BBM. Thank you for this info. In a previous thread there was discussion of KC going summer school. I would have to look back to find the source but I think her teachers spoke about this at one of the vigils held. Based on the info that grades 7-12th graders attend the same building for summer classes, that *could* be how KC and the suspect met. If they took the bus to summer school classes while he was living with his girlfriend's family, they would be on the same bus, have waited at the same bus stop and then in the same building where they could have interacted in the hallway on breaks. Just a theory. :moo:

Just FYI..no busses run for summer school in the HEB district. I only know cause it was an issue for us at the time!

Just FYI..no busses run for summer school in the HEB district. I only know cause it was an issue for us at the time!

Thanks. So I guess she still could have seen him around the school and waiting for someone to pick her up from school. I don't even know if he went to summer school though, so it's just a theory.

Thanks. So I guess she still could have seen him around the school and waiting for someone to pick her up from school. I don't even know if he went to summer school though, so it's just a theory.
Per the SW, he was living in the same apartment complex, with Source 1's family and then girlfriends family, all in same complex. At least that's how I understand it.

Per the SW, he was living in the same apartment complex, with Source 1's family and then girlfriends family, all in same complex. At least that's how I understand it.

Right. But we don't know KC's connection to Source 1 other than they were friends and smoked in KC's apt. It could just be that they all lived in the same apt complex and hung out at the pool and dog park. However, going to school together would add another way for them all to meet and interact without their parents really knowing who KC was hanging out with. Like I said, it's all just a theory.

Clarifying a few facts:

1. We don't actually know what the motive or circumstances were. It could be totally unrelated to the events of that afternoon, to drugs or to money. For example, perhaps he tried to rape her and she fought back?
Even if he tried to rape her it is still a drug related crime.

:

4. There is nothing to indicate Kaytlynn was into drugs. She had reportedly been smoking marijuana with some friends. I personally do not categorize that alongside dropping mollies or doing heroin, or even drinking jello shots, so imo she was a normal kid. I'd say sneaking out to get drunk when I was 14 was far worse than K smoking a joint on her own couch.
Nothing to indicate she's into drugs? You mean besides the fact she was murdered in the middle of a drug transaction?

You can minimize marijuana as no big deal til the cows come home but it doesn't change the fact that messing around with it is just as dangerous as getting involved in other drugs.

She wasn't just smoking a joint on her own couch. Have you even read this thread?

But the affidavit states that it was KC's blood.
https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3985857/PC36785.pdf
I think Source1 isn't being fully truthful and is just telling a story that he thinks probably makes him not look as bad as the real truth would do.
In the U.K. You can get £300 worth of weed on trust easily if you smoke it all or don't pay it back the dealers not going to kill he's just going to work out a payment plan with you and if you don't pay it back you might get a beating but murder no way not for weed the perp obviously has a nasty temper and was always going to be a murderer one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can get killed over a damn roach under the wrong set of circumstances. The drug world is extremely chaotic. There's no set limit of drugs/money and if you go over that, you risk getting murdered.

Not for weed? Really? Just because everyone(generally speaking) is doing it and its 'legal' in several states doesn't make it safer. It actually increases the danger. Higher demand, higher supply. High grade marijuana means the product is worth more to those involved.

17 year old boy trying pot = not uncommon. 14 year old softball player involved in dealing and complex manufacturing of a potent form of a drug? A hole 'nother level.
Indeed.

I understand why a lot of people are against this being brought up. A LOT of people do this now. They would rather have the ugly side of the current drug fad stay buried.

Wow...seeing some judgmenal posts here, moo...well I'll admit I wasn't the perfect 14 year old either.
Neither was I. At 14 I started smoking weed, cigarettes, and was already drinking. I had been sexually active for two years.

It doesn't mean I'm going to close my eyes to what went on in this tragedy.

If you ignore the details of what led to the murder of a 14 year old girl....what can be learned from it?

Clarifying a few facts:

1. We don't actually know what the motive or circumstances were. It could be totally unrelated to the events of that afternoon, to drugs or to money. For example, perhaps he tried to rape her and she fought back?

2. The intent was never to sell her $300 worth of pot. The story according to Source 1 is that they would be paid $300 for dabs made from marijuana the perp would give her. This is not an unusual transaction, it only has unusual players.

3. Dabs do not take any special skills or chemicals to make, it is just tedious to get right and time consuming to prepare. You can do it with a fireplace lighter and a sheet of tin foil, and the very helpful YouTube even has tutorials to show you how.

4. There is nothing to indicate Kaytlynn was into drugs. She had reportedly been smoking marijuana with some friends. I personally do not categorize that alongside dropping mollies or doing heroin, or even drinking jello shots, so imo she was a normal kid. I'd say sneaking out to get drunk when I was 14 was far worse than K smoking a joint on her own couch.

5. There is nothing to indicate the deal was made, that K got the weed, or the money.

6. The entire story of the deal and its details is hearsay from Source 1, with the only hard evidence being phone pings and a text message between perp and K.

7. K was brutally murdered to death with a hammer. This is not an OD or tox report suspense as far as we know right now.

Hopefully this helps put the focus back on the questions these leaves us, which is why did he do it and how much time will he get for it?

Great post. Yes!! I agree 100%!!!

Doesn't it seem that there is always a percentage of "us", that can so easily fall into judging our victims, our suspects? Where others of "us", wait to see ALL of the evidence, all of the blood reports, before we join in calling Kaytlynn an Angel, or a hardcore druggie?

Kaytlynn will always be that smiling 14 year old child. She will not grow up to overcome any mistakes she made in her too-short life. She will not have a chance to tell her story.

I realize that I need to scroll, and roll, more often. It just hurts to see how people quickly jump to all kinds of judgement. All MHO as always.

It just causes me to think what if all of us had been killed because of a mistake we made , or unlawful, or immoral conduct?????? There wouldn't be any of us still around to cast judgement on Kaytlynn. I'm not claiming that she was without fault, but then none of us are, lest we forget! I think I remember something about "let he who is without sin cast the first stone", or is my memory faulty?

Okay everyone, stop the bickering and get off the moral high horse in here. Get back to discussing the facts of the case without being judgmental of a victim.

:tyou:

Jmo this is a tragedy that at some point, could be a harsh learning experience for other kids...hopefully.

How many people involved in dealing have you ever known to not use?

Using is what usually leads to dealing. Its a way to get a little cash and/or free drugs.

You can double or triple your money. As someone mentioned earlier, this isn't child's play.

No offense but this type of narrative doesn't help. She wasn't a "warrior". She was an innocent little girl who got caught up in something she never should've been involved in to begin with. It should be a cautionary tale to other girls.

A young girl got beat to death with a hammer in the midst of a drug deal gone horribly wrong. Warrior is the last word I'd use to describe that situation.

Its for anyone who has the money to buy it.

Hell...we live in an era where you can buy lollipops and candy bars that have more THC than an ounce of old school weed.

That's funny. The cheerleaders and football players were doing the same amount of drugs as the "freaks". Fortunately for them, the freak label never gets attached to them. Just the losers get shamed...for doing the same thing the cool kids do.

When I was in high school(early 90s) cheerleaders would take meth that had been absorbed into a paper towel. You'd take a piece of the paper towel, drop it in your soda, and its off to the races. One time she was drinking a Big Gulp(soda from 7-11) in front of her mom and it had this in it. Talk about nerve. What if her mom had asked for a drink of soda?

Wow.

There's nothing safe about what she was doing. NOTHING.

What she was doing was as equally dangerous as being a typical dealer. She was becoming a cog in the machine of drug transactions. To say its safer and less risky is nonsense.

When anyone, from a gang banger to an innocent teen buys this stuff, someone had to process it. That was becoming her role.

This cant be sugarcoated.

I also think its sad when anyone wants to call a spade a spade they have to end it with "....but she didn't deserve to be murdered over it". Of course she didn't deserve that.

Maybe she was. I don't see how that is relevant to the tragedy. Smart kids can just as easily get sucked into such a nightmare as a dumb kid.

No its not. This is one of the problems today. Its not a TV show. Unfortunately she had to find that out.

Even if there's a sexual motive, drugs had everything to do with it.

I haven't seen that. All I see are some people calling a spade a spade and pointing out the fact this girl would be alive if she hadn't got involved in drugs...which is a simple fact.

For how long we don't know....but yes.

Hopefully when someone takes a hit of this stuff they remember that some of it is being made by the Kaytlynns of the world.

I don't see anyone calling her a "hardcore druggie". All we're doing is discussing the facts of this case, how dealing with drugs is playing with fire, and a lot of people are surprised she was doing this.

You're seeing what you want to see in the comments.

You just said she made mistakes. Why are you judging her? I can play that nonsense game too but wont bother.

Yeah...scroll and roll.

I am seeing what the comments are, exactly as written. IMO this describes a hardcore druggie. Am I mistaken?

From above:
There's nothing safe about what she was doing. NOTHING.

What she was doing was as equally dangerous as being a typical dealer. She was becoming a cog in the machine of drug transactions. To say its safer and less risky is nonsense.

When anyone, from a gang banger to an innocent teen buys this stuff, someone had to process it. That was becoming her role.

This cant be sugarcoated.

I also think its sad when anyone wants to call a spade a spade they have to end it with "....but she didn't deserve to be murdered over it". Of course she didn't deserve that.

Maybe she was. I don't see how that is relevant to the tragedy. Smart kids can just as easily get sucked into such a nightmare as a dumb kid.

No its not. This is one of the problems today. Its not a TV show. Unfortunately she had to find that out.

Even if there's a sexual motive, drugs had everything to do with it.

I haven't seen that. All I see are some people calling a spade a spade and pointing out the fact this girl would be alive if she hadn't got involved in drugs...which is a simple fact.

For how long we don't know....but yes.

BBM on your explanation of who Kaytlynn was in this world.

I realize we will agree to disagree. I do agree there is a valid message to be shared with the children, and parents, out in the world. That you really do need to know what your children are doing. At all times. Whether playing violent video games, violent music videos, playing around with the opposite (or same) sex, playing around with drugs, just doing all the things that previous generations have dealt with in a similar fashion. We cannot sugarcoat any of it.

We all make mistakes. We all (mostly) learn from our mistakes. I am an optimist. I like to think that Kaytlynn would have learned from, and not repeated, the same mistakes.

I hope everyone is enjoying their day. I apologize for any deviation from the goal. All MHO as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NVWoman