Found Deceased TX - Kimberly Flint, 57, Laneville, 26 Sept 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Last updated February 27, 2021; details of disappearance updated.

Details of Disappearance
Flint was last seen in Laneville, Texas on September 26, 2018. At 5:30 a.m., her husband left for work as he normally did. She spoke to him on the phone at 3:00 p.m. that day and asked if he would pick up dinner on the way home from work. She apparently left the house in her black 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee not long afterwards, leaving her purse, identification and other belongings behind at home. When Flint's husband arrived home from work and couldn't find her, he called the police, who began a search.

At 3:45 p.m., they found her vehicle crashed by the roadside on State Highway 84, on the bridge over the Angelina River. Accident investigators believe the car was traveling at about 83 miles per hour when it struck a glancing blow on the bridge rail, sustaining damage to the front and side panels. It continued for about 300 yards until the front tire folded up and the car came to a stop. The airbag was not deployed, and there was no blood or other signs of injury. Flint's eyeglasses and both sets of car keys were inside the vehicle.

Flint has never been heard from again, and a search of the area of the accident site turned up no sign of her. A photo of her car is posted with this case summary. She is missing under unclear circumstances and her case remains unsolved.

There is a podcast. MISSING FROM THE BRIDGE - UNSOLVED
I believe it is recent, not sure.
Doesn't seem to have any new information.
Talk of the vehicle Black Box and its indications and how those indications were interpreted. Witness went under hypnosis. Cadaver dogs find nothing. Kim took 2 sets of car keys with her. Is that new info? A friend has theory about package delivery.

"When Kim Flint’s SUV is found abandoned on a Rusk County, Texas, bridge after a one-car accident, her family and law enforcement are mystified as to what happened to the 57-year-old wife and mother. Kim, who suffered from various medical conditions, had given up driving months before. At home, investigators find the house unlocked and her purse and cell phone inside. Extensive searches have turned up no trace of Kim, who appears to have vanished into thin air. To find out more about this case visit: Missing from the Bridge

ETA add podcast info, remove ad info.

There is a podcast. MISSING FROM THE BRIDGE - UNSOLVED
I believe it is recent, not sure.
Doesn't seem to have any new information.
Talk of the vehicle Black Box and its indications and how those indications were interpreted. Witness went under hypnosis. Cadaver dogs find nothing. Kim took 2 sets of car keys with her. Is that new info? A friend has theory about package delivery.

"When Kim Flint’s SUV is found abandoned on a Rusk County, Texas, bridge after a one-car accident, her family and law enforcement are mystified as to what happened to the 57-year-old wife and mother. Kim, who suffered from various medical conditions, had given up driving months before. At home, investigators find the house unlocked and her purse and cell phone inside. Extensive searches have turned up no trace of Kim, who appears to have vanished into thin air. To find out more about this case visit: Missing from the Bridge

ETA add podcast info, remove ad info.
Just listened to it today - I thought it was well done...though a little upsetting to think about feral boars and alligators possibly preying on her. I guess I won't go camping in east Texas anytime soon....

Can someone please post what is in the link? It is asking me to subscribe to read the article. tia
upload_2022-1-28_13-6-39.jpeg
According to the Rusk County Sheriff’s office, on Thursday, Jan 20, members of the Rusk County Sheriff’s Office, along with Texas Rangers and a forensic anthropologist from the University of North Texas, responded to a wooded area on property located near Richey Lane, in the Reklaw Community. Investigators with the Rusk County Sheriff’s Office obtained a search warrant after confirming information that human remains had possibly been discovered at that area.

After Sheriff Johnwayne Valdez, RCSO investigators, the Texas Rangers and members of a forensic team responded to the location, human remains were recovered. The remains were taken to the University of North Texas Center for Human Identification for DNA testing and dental recognition.

The sheriff’s office said on Thursday, Jan. 27, Sheriff Valdez received preliminary reports that confirm that the remains recovered were those of Kim Flint. The family has been notified. As a part of the investigation, additional forensic testing will be completed in the near future.
Remains of woman missing since 2018 found in Rusk County
*I couldn’t get in either but I found this one.

Wow! I am so glad she was found - this was always a strange case:

ETA: this article mentions her husband had just passed away in Aug 2021. At least the son will hopefully get some answers.
Also hard to interpret why they needed a search warrant if the property owner was the one who reported finding remains?

Snipped:
Officials came out and stayed overnight until they could get a search warrant. Valdez, RCSO investigators, the Texas Rangers and members of a forensics team all responded to the location.

Snipped:
Valdez said that foul play is not suspected.

Snipped:
Her remains were found almost a mile away from where her car was wrecked.

Remains of missing Rusk County woman found in woods

LOCAL NEWS
Remains of missing Rusk County woman found in woods
by: Sharon Raissi
Posted: Jan 28, 2022 / 10:32 AM CST
Updated: Jan 28, 2022 / 12:30 PM CST

Source:
KETK - Tyler, TX

This is even more strange. I am horrible with maps but can someone do up a quick map of her home the accident and where approx. she was found? Did she have to climb over a fence to get onto the property??
So glad she has been found though, I always looked for updates.

Wow! I am so glad she was found - this was always a strange case:

ETA: this article mentions her husband had just passed away in Aug 2021. At least the son will hopefully get some answers.
Also hard to interpret why they needed a search warrant if the property owner was the one who reported finding remains?
The search warrant would be required if death investigators wished to remove anything from the property other than the remains that might be of value in determining the cause of death, and doesn't necessarily mean a crime occurred. Rest in Peace Kimberly - you are loved and missed.

Following up on Kimberly Flint to see if anything else was revealed. I live very close to Reklaw TX and have driven HWY 84 where she wrecked for several years, morning and night. I made a map that shows where she wrecked on the Angelina River Bridge, and a line to Richey Lane (FM 839 N). The news articles say she was found about 1 mile from her vehicle, which means she was approximately in the middle of the red line on my map.

That area of HWY 84 is heavily wooded and by the bridges it is marshy. One thing I noticed driving that road often, around that time of year and time, and how many hogs come out in the evenings. That was always a concern of mine, that I would run over hogs and destroy my vehicle.

I would not want to be out there walking along that highway without some sort of protection.

I guess we will never truly know what happened, unless we can get more information on the autopsy findings of the bones. Here is my hypotheses being a Mental Health Counselor: She was experiencing a mental health episode and impulsively left (out of fear, depression, mania...who knows), but she left. A lot of clients I work with who have severe anxiety and agoraphobia are terrified of bridges, and have a fear they will wreck, and sometimes do. Maybe this was the case, OR maybe she was swerving as to try not to hit hogs, like I have done on that road many times. Then she takes off walking. It's 2 miles to Richey Lane, heading toward Reklaw. It's dark, wooded, and in my opinion, dangerous. Was she attacked by hogs? Did she run off to end it all and lay there in peace. I don't know, but I would like to see more information on her bones.

I'm attaching the map. My heart goes out to her family. Our local community was in awe as much as everyone else and thankfully she has been found.

Attachments

• KFlintImage2.pdf
    1,005.1 KB · Views: 8

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member