TX TX - Krislyn Gibson, 35, & Sidney Taylor, 35, Austin, 2 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope they have proof the two didn't make it back to their friends house. But this is so sad. All these children waiting for their mama and papa to come home. I really hope they are OK. But it's not looking good.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Snip

They haven’t found any physical evidence on this extensive property, but they were led here by what could be a critical clue – the last ping on a missing man’s phone.

Houston Police also asking for the public’s help in finding Kristlyn Gibson and Sidney Taylor, both 35 years old, as crews carefully comb through Bear Creek Park and the wooded area surrounding it.

Loved ones said the two are good friends and have been ever since attending Aldine High School. Both have kids and steady jobs. Relatives insist neither would willingly vanish.

The two went to visit a friend for a festival in Austin last weekend and haven’t been seen since. There’s a chance the pair may have never left Austin.

Investigators said the pair’s clothes and belongings are still at their friend’s house there.

Taylor’s mother says her gut tells her that her son and his friend are in Austin.

Still she and Taylor’s three siblings are out here at Bear Creek Park anxiously hoping for answers.

“We miss them. We need them. We have a pit in our stomach that’s empty in our hearts,” Mary Helen Ware, mother of Sidney Taylor, said. “They need to tell somebody something. If they know something. If it’s bad, it’s OK and if it’s good, it’s OK.”

The family just wants answers.

“We want them back. We want them back,” she said. “Please tell us something! Somebody knows something.”

Taylor’s mother believes this investigation should really be focused in Austin.

There was one discovery made here in Houston that has everyone baffled.

Taylor’s car was found Wednesday abandoned in the Midtown area.

HPD has homicide detectives assigned to the case. However, KHOU 11 News spoke with a HPD spokesman and he says thus far those detectives have not found any signs of foul play.

Houston Police are working with Austin Police on this investigation.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/sear...-reported-missing-after-austin-trip/124452846

This doesn't make much sense to me. Correct me if I am wrong, but the pair are from Houston. They are platonic friends. She a single mother, he a married dad of four. They take a trip to Austin for a music festival, have plans to stay at a friend's house and leave their suitcases or whatever they brought with them there. They leave the house to go to a club and no one sees them past being captured on CCTV leaving the club on Saturday April 2nd in the early morning hours. Then his car is found in downtown Houston? And his phone pinged from a Houston park?

It seems weird that if they were abducted, let's just say, when they were on their way to his car in Austin or car jacked on the 10 minute drive to their friends' house where they were supposed to be staying overnight, that the person who abducted them would drive them or their vehicle all the way back to Houston where they are from. Doesn't that seem strange? That's almost a 3 hour drive.

Just seems very weird to me. You would think that someone would rob them or assault them but not bring their car right back to where they are from. I'm concerned that there is something more to this story.

moo

EquuSearch is asking for search volunteers who will be on foot and riding all-terrain vehicles. The search will begin at 9 a.m. Thursday and the command post will be at Bear Creek Park on Clay Road, about a mile east of Highway 6.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...uston-man-woman-seen-in-Austin-go-7233067.php

EquuSearch has now updated and said they are suspending the search:

UPDATE: The search for 35 year-old Krislyn Gibson and 35 year-old Sidney Taylor has now been “suspended” until information becomes available that leads us to activate another search. All of areas of concern were thoroughly searched, and nothing significant, or relating to this case was found. Investigators with the Austin Police Department and Houston Police Department are working long hours and very diligently to gather leads and information on this case. If more credible information becomes available to investigators, and another search is needed; it will be posted on our website at www.txeq.org Thank you to everyone that came to Bear Creek Park to search for Krislyn and Sidney.

This doesn't make much sense to me. Correct me if I am wrong, but the pair are from Houston. They are platonic friends. She a single mother, he a married dad of four. They take a trip to Austin for a music festival, have plans to stay at a friend's house and leave their suitcases or whatever they brought with them there. They leave the house to go to a club and no one sees them past being captured on CCTV leaving the club on Saturday April 2nd in the early morning hours. Then his car is found in downtown Houston? And his phone pinged from a Houston park?

It seems weird that if they were abducted, let's just say, when they were on their way to his car in Austin or car jacked on the 10 minute drive to their friends' house where they were supposed to be staying overnight, that the person who abducted them would drive them or their vehicle all the way back to Houston where they are from. Doesn't that seem strange? That's almost a 3 hour drive.

Just seems very weird to me. You would think that someone would rob them or assault them but not bring their car right back to where they are from. I'm concerned that there is something more to this story.

moo

Agreed. There is more to this story. Someone that knew them? Just seems very bizarre for a random carjacking in Austin. Why would they drive the car back to Houston to dump it? Hmmmmm....

On the 6th of April, I noticed there was not any media coverage on this case. At the time , Texas Equuseach, friends, and family were sharing the poster Texas Equuseach created, on Facebook. I sent the information to four missing person Facebook pages and one was critical in getting the media onboard in Houston, they showed up at the search yesterday. Based on the fact, they were last seen in Austin, I can't understand why more emphasis isn't being placed there. I read that the Austin police department is helping in the seach, but the seach and efforts all seem to lead to Houston. Tonight, Texas Equuseach suspended the search efforts in the area where the app pinged Mr. Taylor's phone , and there hasn't been any new information in reference to the car, which was found abandon in Houston.

I noticed a previous mention, in the thread, that a member reached out to the media, does anyone have contacts in Austin? If so, will you please reach out to them. So much time has gone by, and I was told by a close friend of Krislyn's that only one station has mentioned the story in Austin. We have tried to reach them through the typical ways, but so far... nothing. I think the public's help is important, because there is so little to go on. I mean there hasn't even been anyone that could give a description of what they were wearing at the time they were last seen leaving the club.

It's not much (very little at all actually), but one of my closest friends is a news anchor here (in Colorado now), but has worked at a few stations in Texas previously. Not in Austin though. I will reach out to her tonight and see if she has any friends that work in the Austin market who *might* be able to help get the story picked-up. Wish I could do more, but being so far away and with no connections of my own, this is all I can offer.

KPRC-TV Search continues for Houston friends missing after they were last seen in Austin
http://www.click2houston.com/news/police-seek-houston-man-woman-who-went-missing-in-austin

Texas EquuSearch said Gibson was last seen wearing a white or light blouse with dark pants.

Taylor was last seen wearing blue jeans with a light or tan fleece jacket.

EquuSearch said the details of their clothing were confirmed by video obtained from the club where the two were last known to have been.

I don't understand. Did they go to a club after the festival at Town Lake Auditorium Shores?
http://urbanmusicfest.com/

ETA: Ok, I found another source that states they went to a club after they arrived on Friday night.

ABC Channel 13 - April 7
http://abc13.com/1279512/

They drove from Houston to Austin on Friday to attend a concert Saturday. Late Friday night they went to a nightclub. That's the last anyone has seen them. .

I'm not understanding the relationship. Are they related, or just friends? Do they typically take weekend trips alone together without his spouse? If it weren't for the kids, I'd assume they were off together.
So far the descriptions of their relationship are very vague.

I'm trying to wrap my mind around his wife being okay with this trip! I mean, I'm not a jealous person, but I'd take issue if it were my husband travelling with another woman!

moo

Great post Cookie. All my thoughts summed up as well. It's baffling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far the descriptions of their relationship are very vague.

I'm trying to wrap my mind around his wife being okay with this trip! I mean, I'm not a jealous person, but I'd take issue if it were my husband travelling with another woman!

My best friend of thirty some years is a man (I'm a female). Tho my friend and I know nothing beyond friendship will EVER happen between us, our friendship has been a point of contention for various spouses, ex spouses and even other friends over the years. I would never have taken an overnight trip with him while either of us were in committed relationships because it just would cause problems no matter how "ok" ppl said they were with it.

NOT trying to cast aspersions on the victims because I know how hard it is to get people to believe a man and woman can be just friends. I'm just commenting I guess because that aspect of the story leapt out at me.

IMO MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the 6th of April, I noticed there was not any media coverage on this case. At the time , Texas Equuseach, friends, and family were sharing the poster Texas Equuseach created, on Facebook. I sent the information to four missing person Facebook pages and one was critical in getting the media onboard in Houston, they showed up at the search yesterday. Based on the fact, they were last seen in Austin, I can't understand why more emphasis isn't being placed there. I read that the Austin police department is helping in the seach, but the seach and efforts all seem to lead to Houston. Tonight, Texas Equuseach suspended the search efforts in the area where the app pinged Mr. Taylor's phone , and there hasn't been any new information in reference to the car, which was found abandon in Houston.

I noticed a previous mention, in the thread, that a member reached out to the media, does anyone have contacts in Austin? If so, will you please reach out to them. So much time has gone by, and I was told by a close friend of Krislyn's that only one station has mentioned the story in Austin. We have tried to reach them through the typical ways, but so far... nothing. I think the public's help is important, because there is so little to go on. I mean there hasn't even been anyone that could give a description of what they were wearing at the time they were last seen leaving the club.

Welcome evrywoman, congrats on your first post, even though it seems you've been a member for a while. :)

:welcome:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back