TX TX - Krislyn Gibson, 35, & Sidney Taylor, 35, Austin, 2 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I too follow this case and even with NO updates, I am still interested. A while back there was an article about a large drug bust at 6808 Montana around the same time the couple went missing. Recently, I have scoured the Internet but am unable to find such a story. It was a news site because people left comments. Does anyone recall reading or hearing this information? I know Cyphers did drugs but I can no longer find the story about a drug bust on his property.

Yes. I remember it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know that anyone here is arguing that racism doesn't exist, just not willing to label this particular case as not getting more press because of racism. Personally I've felt uncomfortable with some of the generalizations stated on this thread.

I didn't say racism is the direct reason, I said ratings which is a little more indirect , just like with the elderly , and men they just don't get the press, somehow I got off track

racism aside; i think there is more to why the reporters are not sent to work on getting info for this case. i wonder if several people inquire to the news stations that originally reported on this case would dig a little to find out what's going on...

I agree to there being an ulterior reason "why" reporters are not engaged. I believe it involves more than local law enforcement, perhaps because drugs are involved. My concern is the focus has been taken away from finding the bodies (or missing, if that is inappropriate) but again, ultimately hoping there is a bigger picture involved.

I scanned most of the thread and I'm pressed for time. I didn't see this posted yet. I don't know
the site well, but the byline is Chris Hansen (good credentials, credible, IMHO).

I'll take the story as credible. Those that have followed this from day one may find some new
info in there. I just read about this today, and the case is truly bizarre. Please read
and take what you can from the information.

http://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/11/...ppear-during-trip-to-austin-police-seek-tips/

Thanks, stx722. Some good info at link.

Snip

But Sidney and Krislyn met every year to attend a music festival in Austin together. Their plan this year was to carpool in Sidney's Dodge Charger and stay with a high school friend Jared Hemphill. But Hemphill works nights, so he calls his cousin Harvey Cyphers to show his friends a good time around town.

"Sidney Taylor and Harvey Cyphers knew each other for many years and by all the accounts they were friends and liked to hang out together," said Austin Police Detective Jay Swann.

A successful business owner and champion bodybuilder with a bit of a rap sheet, Cyphers is the life of the party. He takes the duo out for some R-rated fun at a strip club called the Landing Strip.

Soon, a bombshell. As forensics investigators process the car, they find evidence that points to a violent and possibly deadly encounter.

A pool of blood stains on the rear passenger floorboard and plastic sheeting stuffed inside the trunk is covered with dried blood and hair.

Police believe the records prove Sidney's phone was in the vicinity of Cyphers's Austin home at 3 a.m. Then chillingly, all three phones start traveling east toward Houston at 7:30 a.m.

In Houston, Cyphers's phone is tracked to an area near Sidney's abandoned Dodge. According to phone records, Cyphers makes several calls to a bus company, and then his phone alone travels the same route as a bus does between Houston and Austin at around 5 p.m.

A search warrant issued for Cyphers's home uncovers more evidence, including an April 3 receipt from Walmart with a laundry list of suspicious items. All detectives need to arrest and charge him is verification from the dna crime lab. But then, a stunning chain of events prevents this from happening. The police department shuts down the DNA testing lab.

So far, Cyphers isn't talking. He sits in jail for an unrelated weapons charge, and has not been charged in connection with the couple's disappearance.

http://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/11/...ppear-during-trip-to-austin-police-seek-tips/

I only tripped over this case within the last month.
Apologies if this has been posted, but I didn't see it.

APD homicide cold case detective gave a press conference June 3, 2016

youtube video

ETA: Austin DNA lab update

http://kxan.com/2016/11/29/new-aust...ackle-4000-cases-with-contamination-concerns/

A Texas Forensic Science Commission audit called into question the credibility of the DNA results from close to 4,000 cases. They said while most labs adjusted and updated their protocols to correct the problem, the Austin DNA lab had bigger issues. The issues included analysts using scientifically invalid methods and contamination worries.

The concern has prompted the Travis County District Attorney’s office to begin the process of notifying defendants in approximately 3,600 cases that the DNA results that may have played a part in their prosecution could have possibly been overstated.

The new interim head of the Austin Police Department, Brian Manley, said he wants to lab to reopen next year.

:furious:

I'm unsure why, in a case like this, with a suspect and evidence in hand, they can't take that to another lab, outsource to another location
to process the evidence. I'd like to think there would be a sense of urgency to provide answers and closure for the families. Not to mention
the multitude of past cases that have potentially been compromised.

I can't imagine waiting and just not knowing. It just seems unconscionable to me.

MOO.

MOM OF MISSING PERSON: 'THE FAMILY IS NOT HOLDING UP VERY WELL'

The mother of one of two Houston friends who disappeared eight months ago is speaking out in effort to shed light on the case.

<snip>

Taylor's mother, Mary Ware, told Eyewitness News that she's accepted reality, but she's far from closure.

<snip>

Police believe Harvey Cyphers was the last person to see them. When Cyphers' story that night didn't stick, police searched his home and found blood there. They believe something violent happened and the crime had been cleaned up.

"I believe he's the one that killed my son," Ware said.

http://abc13.com/news/family-of-missing-man-not-holding-up-very-well/1637511/

Texas friends Krislyn Gibson and Sidney Taylor, both 35 at the time, disappeared on Saturday April 2, 2016, while on a trip to Austin, Texas. The friends, who both live in Houston, were in town to attend the Urban Music Festival. They were staying with one of Sidney’s cousins for the weekend. They headed to a club late that Friday night with their friend, Harvey “Hootie” Cyphers, but never returned. The day after Krislyn and Sidney disappeared, Sidney’s 2010 Dodge Charger was found abandoned in a parking lot in the Midtown district back in Houston. Austin police have named Cyphers as a suspect in Krislyn and Sidney’s disappearance. Krislyn is a single mother to a young son, and Sidney is a married father of four. Family and friends insist they wouldn’t disappear on their own.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

Man connected to missing couple last seen in Austin faces new charge

A man connected to a missing couple last seen in Austin is facing a new charge.

Harvey Lester Cyphers is now charged with tampering with evidence connected to a dead body.

Back in 2016, police said Cyphers was seen on surveillance video leaving a strip club with Krislyn Gibson and Sidney Taylor.

The Houston couple was never seen again.

Officers found blood and evidence inside Cypher's Southeast Austin home -- but never charged him in their disappearance.

[...]

upload_2019-3-29_4-55-38.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unique sky 6793