TX TX - Krislyn Gibson, 35, & Sidney Taylor, 35, Austin, 2 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you look the Montana street address up on Bing maps, you can see the house an others around it. Three cars and a truck parked in that yard/driveway.

Also, I do believe that you can see Mr Hootie himself walking out of the gate of the driveway. He is pretty big, maybe because of the bodybuilding. I'd like someone else's opinion on whether that might be him or not. He looks a tad aggressive to me, just the way he holds his body.

JMO, of course. That man I see may be the neighborhood do-gooder and not Cypers.

It's past time for this to get cleared up. If LE doesn't get a break decently soon, they just might have to arrest his telephone, because it sure got around the night that these unfortunate friends disappeared. LE must be terribly frustrated by this case. And the families of the assumed (yeah) victims living in misery waiting for this to be done with! I sure feel for them.

I'm new to Websleuths. I joined because this specific case gnaws at me for how so little has happened to solve this case in the 4 years since Sidney and Krislyn disappeared despite all the evidence pointing to Cyphers as their murderer, his being in jail for the last 3 years, and his charge last year for tampering with corpses. How do we kick start this case with the Austin Police Department? I have other questions but don't know exactly where to start?

I'm new to Websleuths. I joined because this specific case gnaws at me for how so little has happened to solve this case in the 4 years since Sidney and Krislyn disappeared despite all the evidence pointing to Cyphers as their murderer, his being in jail for the last 3 years, and his charge last year for tampering with corpses. How do we kick start this case with the Austin Police Department? I have other questions but don't know exactly where to start?
I wish I had ideas, but I don't. This case is crazy. Something has to be done. I hope their families are still calling the APD everyday.

Man charged with capital murder in 2016 deaths of visiting friends | kvue.com

AUSTIN, Texas — A man has been arrested and charged with one count of capital murder and four counts of murder related to the 2016 deaths of two of his friends in Travis County.

Cyphers was apprehended in Downtown Austin on Monday evening while on federal supervised release for felon in possession of a firearm, the U.S. Marshals said.

He was arrested without incident and taken to the Travis County Jail with a bond set at $1.5 million.

Man charged with capital murder in 2016 deaths of visiting friends | kvue.com

AUSTIN, Texas — A man has been arrested and charged with one count of capital murder and four counts of murder related to the 2016 deaths of two of his friends in Travis County.

Cyphers was apprehended in Downtown Austin on Monday evening while on federal supervised release for felon in possession of a firearm, the U.S. Marshals said.

He was arrested without incident and taken to the Travis County Jail with a bond set at $1.5 million.

YES!!! Finally.

Texas friends Krislyn Gibson and Sidney Taylor, both 35 at the time, disappeared on Saturday April 2, 2016, while on a trip to Austin, Texas. The friends, who both live in Houston, were in town to attend the Urban Music Festival. They were staying with one of Sidney’s cousins for the weekend. They headed to a club late that Friday night with their friend, Harvey “Hootie” Cyphers, but never returned. The day after Krislyn and Sidney disappeared, Sidney’s 2010 Dodge Charger was found abandoned in a parking lot in the Midtown district back in Houston. Austin police have named Cyphers a suspect in Krislyn and Sidney’s disappearance. In March 2019, Cyphers was charged with tampering with evidence with intent to impair a human corpse. And on September 18, 2020, a grand jury indicted 53-year-old Cyphers with Sidney and Krislyn’s murders. He was indicted on one count of capital murder and four counts of murder for the killing of multiple persons. Cyphers was arrested without incident and transported to the Travis County Jail. Sidney and Krislyn’s bodies have not been found. If you have additional information that can help the case contact the Houston Police Department at (713) 308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at (713) 222-TIPS.
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

DEC 5, 2022
Krislyn Gibson and Sidney Taylor

krislyn_gibson.jpg

Texas friends Krislyn Gibson and Sidney Taylor, both 35 at the time, disappeared on Saturday, April 2, 2016, while on a trip to Austin, Texas. The friends, who both lived in Houston, were in town to attend the Urban Music Festival. They were staying with one of Sidney’s cousins for the weekend. They headed to a club late that Friday night with their friend, Harvey “Hootie” Cyphers, but never returned.

sidney_taylor.jpg

The day after Krislyn and Sidney disappeared, Sidney’s 2010 Dodge Charger was found abandoned in a parking lot in the Midtown district back in Houston. In March 2019, Harvey Cyphers was charged with tampering with evidence with intent to impair a human corpse in relation to the case. On September 18, 2020, a grand jury indicted Cyphers for Sidney and Krislyn’s murders. He was indicted on one count of capital murder and four counts of murder for the killing of multiple persons. Cyphers was arrested without incident and transported to the Travis County Jail. According to a local affiliate, his trial is scheduled to begin in Travis County early next year. Sidney and Krislyn’s bodies have not been found. If you have additional information that can help the case or locate the remains, contact the Houston Police Department at (713) 308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at (713) 222-TIPS.

Sincere sympathy to their families.

I came across a case of two unidentifed victims found in New Mexico in 2020. A suicide note was found with them. I would like to rule out that they could have been Krislyn and Sidney left there and the scene staged to look like a suicide.

Can someone with NamUs access please see if they have been excluded as being these two unidentified people? You might have to check both the UID profiles and Krislyn and Sidney's profiles? Thank you. (And if they aren't listed as excluded, do you think I should submit the possibility? I would hope it has already been looked into, but you never know...)

Krislyn:

Sidney:

UID male:

UID female:

I'm locked out of my account but can fix that today.

Krislyn has a watch on here. Not the same, but she wore one.

Attachments

• houston-friends-disappear-during-trip-to-austin-police-seek-tips-1200x630.jpg
    houston-friends-disappear-during-trip-to-austin-police-seek-tips-1200x630.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1
Nice find! No rule outs on KG, ST or the UIDs.

The pipe and the glasses don't make sense to me (image included with male UID). Also, there's this (link in post 265):
1710161060226.png

and this:

1710161327018.png

When would they have written the suicide note?

Attachments

• Original.png
    Original.png
    800 KB · Views: 3

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members