TX TX - Kristy Booth, 19, Midland, 2 Feb 1980

<modsnip: wrong image>
Another photo of Kristy. Hard to believe this was only a couple of years before she disappeared :(

Last edited:
Current list of exclusions for Kristy per NamUs:

UP4630 11/01/1980 Walker TX
UP701 01/12/1981 Harris TX
UP4526 06/11/1984 Tarrant TX
UP6774 12/29/2009 Harris TX
UP4897 04/18/1980 Oklahoma OK

UP1879 11/05/1980 Rapides LA
UP13283 01/28/1981 Bossier LA

UP1567 06/01/1987 Knox TN
UP8427 07/17/1982 Washoe NV
UP2703 06/15/1993 Douglas CO
UP6259 04/22/1981 Lawrence OH
UP4790 04/24/1981 Miami OH

UP15630 07/03/1984 Cuyahoga OH
UP4969 11/29/2006 Hamilton OH
UP3153 04/19/1981 Will IL
UP4383 03/09/1980 Los Angeles CA
UP4368 08/30/1980 Los Angeles CA

UP4370 08/26/1980 Los Angeles CA (x2)
UP5203 01/12/2004 Marion OR

UP1498 07/01/1980 Monmouth NJ (x2)
UP6249 11/14/1980 Rockingham VA

UP8579 01/25/1981 Hanover VA
UP6796 11/18/1985 Alleghany VA
UP6642 08/07/1986 Chesterfield VA
UP6629 02/03/1991 Frederick VA
UP6661 02/03/1991 Stafford VA

UP8493 12/06/1993 Fairfax VA
UP6303 01/26/1997 Warren VA
UP6150 11/07/1998 Stafford VA

UP8419 01/16/2001 Isle of Wight VA
UP6665 05/14/2007 Petersburg VA
UP12683 06/06/2014 Newport News VA

Kristy got her car out of the shop the morning of February 2. Ferrenberg had her car, abandoned it because ‘it just stopped and wouldn’t run.’ Police found it a few days later. When her parents (car was registered to them) were notified, her father and brother (who had worked as a mechanic) went to pick up the car. It started with no problem. Kristy liked to stay with friends for days, that’s why no one knew she was missing. How do I know all of this? Kristy was my sister.

That’s not Kristy.
You’re right! I reported my post in hopes it could be removed. I didn’t realize my mistake until it was too late to correct it. Entirely my fault! I took the image from ancestry.com not realizing at the time there was a transcription error. Kristy’s name is attached to this girl’s photo (right next to one another in the yearbook). I’ve flagged the record on ancestry as well.

THIS is the correct photo for Kristy...
EE5DB284-2DFD-417C-8955-74E7B21D3A57.jpeg
Name: Kristy Booth
Estimated Age: 16
Birth Year: abt 1962
Yearbook Date: 1978
School: Lee High School
School Location: Midland, Texas, USA

I hope you will accept my sincere apology for my mistake! I’m glad to see you join this thread and conversation about your sister. I’m so sorry that she is still missing. I’ve grown attached to Kristy’s case and want desperately for her to be found, as I’m sure you do!

Welcome! And thank you for coming here and offering your insight. I hope Kristy is found soon! Again, I’m am so sorry for my unacceptable mistake! I don’t want it to be a reflection of my dedication to Kristy and finding out what happened to her.

Kristy Booth
Age 19
Race White
Sex Female
Location Midland, Texas
Disappeared February 2, 1980
Missing for 39 years
Height 5'7
Weight 115 pounds
Classification Suspected homicide

<modsnip: not an approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:
You’re right! I reported my post in hopes it could be removed. I didn’t realize my mistake until it was too late to correct it. Entirely my fault! I took the image from ancestry.com not realizing at the time there was a transcription error. Kristy’s name is attached to this girl’s photo (right next to one another in the yearbook). I’ve flagged the record on ancestry as well.

View attachment 229468

I hope you will accept my sincere apology for my mistake! I’m glad to see you join this thread and conversation about your sister. I’m so sorry that she is still missing. I’ve grown attached to Kristy’s case and want desperately for her to be found, as I’m sure you do!

Welcome! And thank you for coming here and offering your insight. I hope Kristy is found soon! Again, I’m am so sorry for my unacceptable mistake! I don’t want it to be a reflection of my dedication to Kristy and finding out what happened to her.
No problem. It feels nice to know that Kristy is remembered by someone else. Thank you.

I am writing another article/blog on Kristy for my stations website. I was hoping to have information on the names and circumstances of the friends that were with Kristy that night but I can always update it if I were to get that information. I just really wanted to get it published today since yesterday was the 40th anniversary of her disappearance and I'm hoping that will spark the kind of interest that will get people to read and share. I too have been following Kristy's case for years now...I think since 2013. Someone knows where Kristy is or knows how knows/knew. She deserves to be found and brought home. It's time, it has been for a very long time now. I would love to talk with anyone who knew Kristy at the time. I would also love to speak with her family but I realize I could never understand the kind of trauma something like this can cause and I would never want to be inappropriate or cause any more damage in any way so I don't know that I should even go so far as to ask. I just want some resolution for this young girls family. I keep looking at her pictures....she looks like/reminds me very much of my mom at that age, so beautiful.
The blog can be found on the website for 99.9 KBAT
KBAT.com and there will be a link to it from the KBAT Facebook page. Should be posted by 7pm tonight.

View attachment 229468

It's great you come up with additional pictures of Kirsty. No problem for me you made a mistake...we all do make mistakes, especially when, like you do, working on so many cases and bringing up good content (most of the time :)) Your dedication is obvious and appreciated very much.

To make it a bit easier for you to compare these two cases, click each of the below updated links and move the photos on your screen so that they are side by side. Also note the descriptions, proximity of locations and dates.

------------------------------------------------------
Kristy Lynn Booth
Missing since February 2, 1980 from Midland, Midland County, Texas.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: December 26, 1960
Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8", 115-120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blue eyes; brown hair.
Marks, Scars: She has pierced ears and a birthmark on the right side of her stomach.
Dentals: Available
Clothing: She was last seen wearing a white button down blouse, pink vest and blue Levi jeans. She was not wearing shoes.

Agency Case Number: 44928
NCIC Number: M-077752671
Source Information:
Texas Department of Public Safety
The Doe Network: Case File 704DFTX

LINK:
The Doe Network: Case File 704DFTX

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Unidentified White Female
Found on April 18, 1980, on a bank of the Canadian River near Jones, 20 miles NE of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County, Oklahoma.

Cause of death was homicide. The victim was shot three times with a .45-caliber revolver.

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 18 - 25 years old.
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6"-5'7" ;120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Light reddish/brown hair. Fair complexion with freckles on face and upper torso. Appendectomy scar. No fractures.
Clothing: None found.
Dental: Extensive dental work done, some teeth out of alignment.
Tattoos: Tattoo of small heart above left breast; heart and line in blue ink, center of heart colored with red ink.
Fingerprints: Available

Case History

The victim is believed to have been dressed at the time of the murder as a dime was hit by a bullet and driven into her body.

On 18 April 1980, fisherman found her nude body, covered with lime, on the bank of the Canadian river near Jones.

Attempts at identification have been made, including fingerprint comparisons, the circulation of a composite drawing of the victim, and a facial reconstruction made with modeling clay sculptured over the scull.

The woman is described as being 18-25 years old, weighing 118-120 pounds. She has shoulder-length medium to light brown hair with a fair complexion and freckles. Her most unusual identifying mark, however, is a small red and blue heart-shaped tattoo over the left breast.

Source:
The Oklahoman April 19, 1982
The Doe Network: Case File 255UFOK

LINK:
255UFOK

Just for the records. "Lime Lady" the Jane Doe mentioned above was identified in 2020 by LE and DNA Doe project as Tamara Lee Tigard. upload_2020-2-8_14-36-39.jpeg

Kristy got her car out of the shop the morning of February 2. Ferrenberg had her car, abandoned it because ‘it just stopped and wouldn’t run.’ Police found it a few days later. When her parents (car was registered to them) were notified, her father and brother (who had worked as a mechanic) went to pick up the car. It started with no problem. Kristy liked to stay with friends for days, that’s why no one knew she was missing. How do I know all of this? Kristy was my sister.

Sorry you have to endure the pain of her still missing. Must be horrible, the not knowing. Good to have your insights on here. Is there anything we said in this thread you want to comment on more. Do my posts make any sense to you? Feel free to reflect. The thing that's puzzling me is the post from @Roselvr about that everybody on the table that night is no longer around.

Sorry you have to endure the pain of her still missing. Must be horrible, the not knowing. Good to have your insights on here. Is there anything we said in this thread you want to comment on more. Do my posts make any sense to you? Feel free to reflect. The thing that's puzzling me is the post from @Roselvr about that everybody on the table that night is no longer around.

That was a long time ago - Roselvr, May 6, 2014
I wish I remembered details from it but I do not

Her NamUs profile she has dentals & DNA. Her cousin came by Aundria Bowman's FB page; said that everyone that was at her table the last nite of her life in 1980 all died within a year of her missing. One was shot, brakes were cut. Somebody wanted nobody to talk

View attachment 229468

It was Ancestry's mistake that you're having corrected due to posting it here. Don't be so hard on yourself. Had you not posted it, the error wouldn't have been found

Her NamUs profile she has dentals & DNA. Her cousin came by Aundria Bowman's FB page; said that everyone that was at her table the last nite of her life in 1980 all died within a year of her missing. One was shot, brakes were cut. Somebody wanted nobody to talk

above quote was from 2014 so using it as a bump because it’s suspicious as all heck.
Strange strange strange!

I happened upon Sharp’s name from another thread. I’d never heard of him before. As soon as I read about his crimes, I immediately thought of Kristy! The timing, the location, and possibly the MO. It sounds like he had more victims, I wonder now if Kristy could have been one of them.

ETA: He was paroled to Ector County in July 1979, only months before Kristy’s disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back