Found Deceased TX - Lauren Elizabeth Thompson, 32, Panola County, 10 Jan 2019 *called 911, car found in a ditch*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Texan here. I have not seen or heard chatter about a hoax. Don’t want to violate TOS but I think the friends interviews about her previously calling 911 in an alleged or rumored “altered” state have led people to make comparisons to Brandon Lawson. If anyone catches my drift...

Texan here. I have not seen or heard chatter about a hoax. Don’t want to violate TOS but I think the friends interviews about her previously calling 911 in an alleged or rumored “altered” state have led people to make comparisons to Brandon Lawson. If anyone catches my drift...
Texan here too! :)
So are you saying both of these missing people are suspected to be on drugs when they disappeared? I don’t think that’s against TOS if that’s what you mean. I agree that that seems to be the thinking. I think there are other similarities like both apparently left their car on foot, both called 911 confused, panicked, scared and possibly in an “altered” state. Both are gone without a trace, woods, land nearby although their cars were immediately located.
I’m not implying there’s any connection between the two cases. Just that Brandon’s case is STILL unsolved and Lauren’s case seems to be going the same way. And that’s very very frustrating!
Whether they were on drugs and/or mentally unstable they are vanished without a trace and I find it so sad.
FWIW I don’t think this was a “hoax.” What would be to gain? Is her family out there fundraising or anything? I have no idea.

Lauren is either really wanting attention or there was someone after her this time.

Hey long time Sleuthers,

Are there many other cases wherein it's been shown that someone disappeared for attention? If so, what's the average length of time the MPs stayed "missing"? Also, do we know where they were hiding during that time (e.g. friend's home, abandoned home/business/barn, in town, out of town, etc.)? I'm wondering if there are some patterns or MOs from which we can discern clues or compare motivations to go missing.

THE FOLLOWING IS SPECULATION AND MOO. IT IS NOT NECESSARILY BASED ON ANY ACUAL OR KNOWN CIRCUMSTANCES REGARDING THIS CASE EXCEPT THAT THE MP IS MISSING--Yaya :cool:

Personally I think Lauren was in some kind of desperate state of either someone actually chasing her (could be an East Tx. serial killer who almost missed his next kill) or her mental state the time was such that she wholeheartedly believed she was in danger. Either way something dangerous happened to her. For someone who has some type of previous mental issue that causes the person to be well at times and not well at others, it would be really odd to all of a sudden have him/her lapse into a permanent incoherent mental state without a reversal after some hours or a few days. I'm no expert but I can't recall very many situations in which that happpens. Anyone else know of anything?

Child Protection Services in Panola County filed against her on January 15th. As I understand things her mother has her children right now. So, I don't know whether or not this action is based on Lauren's disappearance or whether there might have been something already in progress at the time she went missing. I presume this action placed the children with her mom but I don't see her listed as a party or a move by her for guardianship. Since Lauren is not technically divorced from her previous husband and he is the father of one of her children it isn't clear where he or the other father of the other two children fit into this.

Click the link below. then on Civil, Family, Probate and on the next screen select Party from the drop down, enter her name in the boxes and hit enter.

http://odysseypa.tylerhost.net/Panola/default.aspx

@happyday hiyyyaa!! Yes that’s what I was insinuating—that is, the theory that she was high on meth and thought she was being chased which is what people theorize happened with Brandon. IMO the friends interviews about her having called 911 before and allegedly disappearing did not help in the sense that I think it lessened public interest as people assume she was high on drugs and ran off. IMO it doesn’t matter if she was using or not, she needs to be found.

@Jethro4WS thats interesting about the CPS case. I do not practice family law so I’d have to research/think about what could be going on given that I presume the father(s?) of her kids are alive.

@happyday hiyyyaa!! Yes that’s what I was insinuating—that is, the theory that she was high on meth and thought she was being chased which is what people theorize happened with Brandon. IMO the friends interviews about her having called 911 before and allegedly disappearing did not help in the sense that I think it lessened public interest as people assume she was high on drugs and ran off. IMO it doesn’t matter if she was using or not, she needs to be found.

@Jethro4WS thats interesting about the CPS case. I do not practice family law so I’d have to research/think about what could be going on given that I presume the father(s?) of her kids are alive.
I found the current husband in jail in Galveston county. But he has been in jail or confined to a Mental Health Facility for over 7 months and still is. So he likely won't be part of the equation here.

Child Protection Services in Panola County filed against her on January 15th. As I understand things her mother has her children right now. So, I don't know whether or not this action is based on Lauren's disappearance or whether there might have been something already in progress at the time she went missing. I presume this action placed the children with her mom but I don't see her listed as a party or a move by her for guardianship. Since Lauren is not technically divorced from her previous husband and he is the father of one of her children it isn't clear where he or the other father of the other two children fit into this.

Click the link below. then on Civil, Family, Probate and on the next screen select Party from the drop down, enter her name in the boxes and hit enter.

I am pretty sure this had to be going on before Lauren went missing. CPS would not normally be involved unless abuse or neglect was being charged. While one could argue she is neglecting her children because she is not here, I don't see that actually happening unless there was evidence she is choosing to be missing and neglecting.

IMO this is one of the most puzzling cases since Brandon Larson in Texas. Same exact plot really and I’m so shocked it’s not been picked up on SM and in the press. What the heck happened to this gorgeous girl and why doesn’t anyone care? So spooky. Poor Lauren, no matter what happened.
Lots of people care, and the sheriff cares. He is a very good man. Just happened within 5 minutes and no clues left which makes me think that someone picked her up and took her elsewhere. Probably someone really was following her. Hopefully, they didn't kill her.

I too am from WV and body in the open would be found by following the buzzards.Is that not the case in Texas surely lots more predators.I think it would be hard for to disappear so far in 5 minutes in the middle of the day without a planned ride or an unplanned one.

Yes, that is true about predators and buzzards. They can detect death almost immediately and being farm country, everyone would be watching for buzzards. There were some oil pits and ponds nearby, and I worried about her running in a panic and falling in to that, but she really did not have time, and if she had, her body would have surfaced by now. I think she was removed from the area.

So people think it had hoax potential? Is that local chatter or in forums? I missed that.
I live in the area. I do not know Lauren, but know some of her friends. Nobody thinks it is a hoax. Everyone is worried that something horrible has happened and is praying for a miracle. Also there is someone from her past that she was afraid of. Everyone that I know is pretty quiet because nobody wants to jeopardize the investigation, or endanger her if she is still alive.

Possibly the CPS had to do with the fathers. At this point, they are the ones that could challenge Lauren's mom having possession of them. From all I have heard, she was a very devoted mother. On Lauren's mother's home page, she talks about Lauren's oldest daughter singing, "Jesus Loves Me," and praises Lauren for taking her daughter to church.

There was a similiar case in Shelby County that involved a man who was also terrified running from someone. His truck was found, and in the woods, his tennis shoes were found with his wedding ring inside them. Law enforcement searched and his family searched for a long time afterwards. No more clues, and he is still missing and unaccounted for thirteen years later.

TX - TX - Cole Jackson, 33, Timpson, 13 July 2006

Possibly the CPS had to do with the fathers. At this point, they are the ones that could challenge Lauren's mom having possession of them. From all I have heard, she was a very devoted mother. On Lauren's mother's home page, she talks about Lauren's oldest daughter singing, "Jesus Loves Me," and praises Lauren for taking her daughter to church.
Doubt it. They would have not filed against Lauren, who did have custody of the children, if that were the case. Also they would have named either or both of the fathers as parties to the case and that isn't what happened either.

All signs point to something significant going on in her life at or close to the time of her disappearance.

There was a similiar case in Shelby County that involved a man who was also terrified running from someone. His truck was found, and in the woods, his tennis shoes were found with his wedding ring inside them. Law enforcement searched and his family searched for a long time afterwards. No more clues, and he is still missing and unaccounted for thirteen years later.

TX - TX - Cole Jackson, 33, Timpson, 13 July 2006
Wow I’ve never heard of this case. There are so many like this! So scary and sad.

Another story with quotes from friends
Panola Co. woman missing since last Thursday

Authorities say she seemed confused and disoriented. Once officers arrived to her general area, they found her car stuck in a ditch off of Farm to Market 1794.​

Both friends say she has a history of mental illness and that she's made calls. Before to the police, scared that someone was after her.​

However, in this situation, they believe, she didn't plan her escape.​

"She didn't say anything about going anywhere, she didn't come up with a plan of no kind," Elizabeth said.​

This one is so strange to me! The comment her friends make about "she didn't plan her escape" HUH????? Escape from what? Who?

She's called the police before...
Has mental illness....
Is "people" chasing her from mental illness or drugs?

Brandon Lawson's case first brought me to WS and this one does have a similar story line which is crazy. Even if she was on drugs (IF on my part, just thinking out loud), surely dogs would pick up her scent fairly quickly and she could be found in the woods. I'm from OK and our land can get pretty thick here also, but anyone scare/not thinking in their right mind could still plow through it. Not fast though and not far.

The friends comment is what sets off my weird meter here. I just don't know what to think of this one. I really hope she is found!

I live in the area. I do not know Lauren, but know some of her friends. Nobody thinks it is a hoax. Everyone is worried that something horrible has happened and is praying for a miracle. Also there is someone from her past that she was afraid of. Everyone that I know is pretty quiet because nobody wants to jeopardize the investigation, or endanger her if she is still alive.

I wouldn't say that no one thinks it is a hoax. Although we've not been told everything that law enforcement has learned....there are opinions that this is a hoax.

In my opinion I'd rather it be a hoax and her be alive and hiding rather than the alternative

This one is so strange to me! The comment her friends make about "she didn't plan her escape" HUH????? Escape from what? Who?

She's called the police before...
Has mental illness....
Is "people" chasing her from mental illness or drugs?

Brandon Lawson's case first brought me to WS and this one does have a similar story line which is crazy. Even if she was on drugs (IF on my part, just thinking out loud), surely dogs would pick up her scent fairly quickly and she could be found in the woods. I'm from OK and our land can get pretty thick here also, but anyone scare/not thinking in their right mind could still plow through it. Not fast though and not far.

The friends comment is what sets off my weird meter here. I just don't know what to think of this one. I really hope she is found!
The key to remember is that they found her car within 5 minutes of her call. She was close to a well-traveled road. She could not have gone far in 5 minutes even if there was not brush. I think the only answer is that someone did pick her up. Whether it was random, a friend, a stranger, an enemy...we don't know.

Doubt it. They would have not filed against Lauren, who did have custody of the children, if that were the case. Also they would have named either or both of the fathers as parties to the case and that isn't what happened either.

All signs point to something significant going on in her life at or close to the time of her disappearance.
Looking back at several cases, Kelsey Berreth, Melissa Peskey, and there was one in Lufkin that escapes me, when the parent is killed or disappears and there is no clear cut custody, the child becomes a ward of the State and CPS gets involved. They will have an emergency hearing to grant temporary custody, and then sort out permanent custody later. Also, if the fathers of the children had not had contact with them within the last 6 months (I believe this is the timeframe in Texas), they can be considered to have abandoned the children. Not saying that something was not going on with Lauren, but saying that under these circumstances, it is not unusual for CPS to intervene on behalf of the child.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back