TX - League City - Audrey Lee Cook and Donna Prudhomme, in "killing field", 1986/1991

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
'Killing Fields' victims' DNA to be extracted, may help lead to their identities
March 25, 2014
"Our fault, but we rectified that by having the bones taken to North Texas. DNA is going to be extracted. The girls are going to be fed into CODIS," League City Det. Morton Grant said.
They are just now getting around to doing that??

November 7, 2011
The remains of the women -- dubbed Jane and Janet Doe -- were found in the "killing fields" of League City, where two of the killer's other victims, who have been identified, were found.

The bodies of Jane and Janet Doe have been in a box at the Galveston County morgue, their identities unknown.

But League City Police Detectives Bryan Campbell and Marty Grant discovered recently DNA extracted from the unidentified remains in the 1990s was not being compared with submissions to the state's Missing Person DNA data bank, started in 2003, the Houston Chronicle reported Monday.

The "Killing Fields" are now owned by a church. They have conquered the lands evil past with God's greatness. The area containing the crosses for Jane, Janet, Laura Miller and Heidi Fye will remain untouched.

Attachments

• IMG_20140907_182332.jpg
    IMG_20140907_182332.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20140907_182340.jpg
    IMG_20140907_182340.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20140907_182406.jpg
    IMG_20140907_182406.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20140907_182416.jpg
    IMG_20140907_182416.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 34
New sketch?

I have read the thing about Janet having green eyes, isn't that pretty recent information that came from someone who got the information from a prison inmate?

Stephanie was a lucky find, I rarely find any missing women from that time period that were known to have dentures. Also sounds like Stephanie was involved in some pretty risky activity an probably feared for her life at some point, big question is did she leave on her own accord and possibly decide to hide out in Texas?

I am going to send her profile over to Dr. D now, hopefully she is checking her emails this weekend!

1986 Jane Doe?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

She would fall in the age range, same hair color, gap between upper front teeth, I see similarities in the bridge of the nose and eye area as well.

ETA: Roxann was recently entered into namus and DNA is currently being run through the system.

According to letters written by a suspect in the killing fields, he said the girls were held down under the water in a swimming pool and that they would squeeze them with their legs till they stopped breathing. You also have to remember that it was the Galveston county ME that was doing the autopsy and they have been famous for screwing up autopsies...

She has been on the blog, My Look Into The Texas Killing Fields, and the blogger had already contacted the PA state police...just FYI.

Interesting, because I contacted the blogger about the possible match and their latest post regarding Roxann doesn't credit anyone but themselves. Ouch. :gaah:

No some <modsnip> from Equusearch was trying to say what they discovered by calling the news yesterday evening LOL

Google Phyllis E Berry, missing Terlingua Texas. The blogger put her up on the blog a little while back as well. SHe had a small gap in front teeth as well. I found out from Texas Rangers that DNA didnt match, but here's the question, if all the evidence from the killing fields turned up missing from 83 to 97, how can they have the DNA? This was testified by Pat Bittner in the Hedricks murder trial.

How can they not have the DNA? They have the girls remains. And as far as I know, they have never been buried, the remains are still in someones morgue. Last I checked Michael Nance was working both cases. Also DNA would not be kept in a police evidence room, like a pistol or an article of clothing would be.

Images must be accompanied by appropriate links. And if you have a question about the rules, contact a mod.

The asst of Korndolpher (sp) the then Galveston County ME testified that the DNA was misplaced. I think it was his sister, I know she was related to him. Note that there was some "evidence" that was mis labeled. The medexam's office routinely screwed up there system of collecting DNA. Look what happened to Miller's daughter Laura. When they exhumed her body she had quite a few extra bones in her coffin that didnt belong to her. I heard when they took her body to the ME's office, they had her coffin on the loading dock for a little while, then lifted her body from the coffin to a stretcher right there on the loading dock. (didnt want to get messy in the office) Gal County in notorious for screwing up and losing "evidence". In these cases, I dont think it was an "accident".

Ok Bessie, got it, sorry LOL. I get passionate and frustrated. Something else to ponder. Tommy Hansen a deputy and Sgt back then (on the streets) worked every night the girls disappeared. He "retired" as a Lt I believe and now he sits in an interesting position where he's been for while. He "volunteers" to be the only cold case detective. Which means he has access to everything. Really?

So you don't think jane or Janet's namus profiles are accurate in saying DNA sample submitted and tests are complete? Just curious

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back