Identified! TX - League City, WhtFem Skeletal 35UFTX, 21-29, gapped teeth, Feb'86 - Audrey Lee Cook

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:eek: Hey Smile, I didn't mean to barge in on your great sleuthing. Thanks for sending the tips. Wouldn't it be great if they panned out?

The AZ lady's family said she may be on the move in one of their posts to some missing family member website so who knows. The way the composite image holds her mouth is the eeriest part of the pictures. That's what caught my eye.

I think the TX one has a better chance of being a match.

i think the texas one has a better chance what gets me is the other unidentified person was found under the deck or stairs of the house but yet they dont know who she is? was that her house was it abandond? did it have a lanlord were there any papers pocket book? wallet?

smile22 said:
i think the texas one has a better chance what gets me is the other unidentified person was found under the deck or stairs of the house but yet they dont know who she is? was that her house was it abandond? did it have a lanlord were there any papers pocket book? wallet?

I wondered about that too. What makes them think that she was buried under her porch if they didn't have proof that she actually lived there?

I think the second set of woman...short hair...look so much alike it will be shocking to me if they aren't one and the same. I can't wait to see what happens next. That would be so great if you were right!!!

The Doe Network:
Case File 35UFTX
Jane Doe's Doe Network Page

35UFTX.jpg

Reconstructions of Victim

Unidentified White Female
•Located on February 2, 1986 on Calder Road in League City, Galveston County, Texas.
•The victim had been shot.
•Estimated Date of Death: Six weeks to six months prior to recovery date.
•Skeletal Remains

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

•Estimated age: Circa 25 years old
•Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5" - 5'8"; 140 - 160 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: Light reddish-brown hair. Her right fourth and fifth ribs and left fifth rib showed signs of healed fractures. These injuries may have occurred from the same injury event some time before her death. They were unrelated to her homicide.
•Dentals: Available. She had a large gap between her upper front teeth. Right upper 3rd molar impacted. Fillings in teeth 3, 5, 13-15, 18-19, 31. Missing teeth include upper right 2nd premolar, left upper 1st premolar, left lower 3rd molar, right lower 1st molar, and right lower 3rd molar.
•Clothing: No clothing located.
•DNA: Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case History
The victim was discovered in a field located in the 3000 block of Calder Road of League City, outside Galveston, Texas.
She was the second of four bodies that would be found in the area, dubbed by the press "the Killing Fields." Heide Fye's body was discovered on April 1984. Laura Miller's remains were also found on February 2, 1986. The skeletal remains of another unidentified woman, Janet Doe was found in the same field in September of 1991. Authorities theorize that the four women were all killed by the same person. Police say all the women were similar in age, height and hair color and all were found in similar ways: nude, lying face up. The women were not buried, just hidden from view.
The League City Jane Doe case is included along with 26 other women in the area that have been murdered or missing since 1971. Authorities believe there may be several serial killers responsible for some of the deaths and disappearances.

The Doe Network:
Case File 1611DFFL
Linda's Doe Network Page

carroll_linda2.jpg

Linda Kay Carroll
Missing since September 25, 1984 from Crestview, Okaloosa County, Florida
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: March 10, 1960
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 24 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4''; 110 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Strawberry blonde hair; green eyes.
•Marks, Scars: Scar on right hip.
•Dentals: Not Available. She did have a large gap between her two front top teeth. They were straight and white.
•Other: Carroll was a nonsmoker at the time of her disappearance.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Carroll was last seen in Crestview, Florida on September 25, 1984. She and her husband were separated and going through a bitter divorce over custody of their two children.
Neighbors heard screams from Carroll's house, and the next day she did not show up for work. She has not been seen since.

FL FL - Linda Kay Carroll, 24, Crestview, 1984 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Attachments

• Comparison.png
    Comparison.png
    152.9 KB · Views: 101
Physically there is a strong resemblance. I can't get past the nearly two year time period of her missing and the UID being found. Let me say I am not one to go by a time line except in rare cases. This one is only because I am familiar with the cases of the "Killing Field".
Have you studied the other cases of the women found there?
Le seems to think it was a killer who frequently passed Calder Drive at IH45 and have even speculated it could be a trucker. Not sure why they think that but it is definitely someone familiar with the location. This seems to be a crime of opportunity.
My second reason for pause is that Linda Kay Carroll and her husband were having domestic problems and a very bitter divorce. What do we know of the husband? He admitted being at her home that night. Sheets from the bed were the only clothing items listed, unless there is a better report somewhere.
Linda could have gone to do laundry and got picked up by someone and driven to that particular place, but again it does not fit with the probability she was murdered by the same man who dumped the others because of the time line.
If you have done all your research on the possibility she was murdered by her husband or someone locally, and you think you have a strong case to submit based on more than appearance, which is very good, then submit. These young women in the killing field have been ignored for too long.
All the best!

Physically there is a strong resemblance. I can't get past the nearly two year time period of her missing and the UID being found. Let me say I am not one to go by a time line except in rare cases. This one is only because I am familiar with the cases of the "Killing Field".
Have you studied the other cases of the women found there?
Le seems to think it was a killer who frequently passed Calder Drive at IH45 and have even speculated it could be a trucker. Not sure why they think that but it is definitely someone familiar with the location. This seems to be a crime of opportunity.
My second reason for pause is that Linda Kay Carroll and her husband were having domestic problems and a very bitter divorce. What do we know of the husband? He admitted being at her home that night. Sheets from the bed were the only clothing items listed, unless there is a better report somewhere.
Linda could have gone to do laundry and got picked up by someone and driven to that particular place, but again it does not fit with the probability she was murdered by the same man who dumped the others because of the time line.
If you have done all your research on the possibility she was murdered by her husband or someone locally, and you think you have a strong case to submit based on more than appearance, which is very good, then submit. These young women in the killing field have been ignored for too long.
All the best!

I pretty much agree with you on the time line, except I sort of get the feeling that if the same person was behind the killing field murders, then the person changed the way the victim was chose after the first two murders (Heidi Villareal Fye and Laura Miller) because both of them were local, killed quickly, and put in the oil fields... but then the last two deaths have yet to be idenified after so long, which is a sign of nonlocals or very low profile girls.

What do you think about the February 2 Jane Doe having rib wounds "similar" to Heidi but being old and showing signs of healing?

I pretty much agree with you on the time line, except I sort of get the feeling that if the same person was behind the killing field murders, then the person changed the way the victim was chose after the first two murders (Heidi Villareal Fye and Laura Miller) because both of them were local, killed quickly, and put in the oil fields... but then the last two deaths have yet to be idenified after so long, which is a sign of nonlocals or very low profile girls.
Excellent points. I believe this is why some LE speculate killer (s) to be a southbound trucker. The women have had extensive local media coverage and yet no one recognizes them.

What do you think about the February 2 Jane Doe having rib wounds "similar" to Heidi but being old and showing signs of healing?
Are you asking if I think she is a match? No, I don't. If I recall correctly, the Feb 2 Doe was Laura, daughter of Tim Miller. She died of a gunshot wound. Also keep in mind that during the late 70's through this time period of the late 80's there were many other young girls who were killed and dumped in the general area of League Line road. Some were in Dickinson, Pearland , remote locations along I45. They too were shot and had their ribs broken. ME can determine what is long term injuries and those immediately before or after death.
You have a big project and a lot of work ahead of you but it has been my experience that tenacity often wins over logic. :)

Well, no I was more interested in what you thought about the apparent difference, if assumed all the girls have a single killer. The fact that so many victims had rib damage, I was wondering if you agreed that some of them were torturedly beaten or something and kept alive for such a period that the wounds healed because it would seem like a huge coincidence that so many victims attained those injuries in a way unconnected to the killer. But yet at least a few of the girls seemed to have been killed much more quickly after going missing. And this is really strange to me.

Well, no I was more interested in what you thought about the apparent difference, if assumed all the girls have a single killer. The fact that so many victims had rib damage, I was wondering if you agreed that some of them were torturedly beaten or something and kept alive for such a period that the wounds healed because it would seem like a huge coincidence that so many victims attained those injuries in a way unconnected to the killer. But yet at least a few of the girls seemed to have been killed much more quickly after going missing. And this is really strange to me.
Sorry, but if I knew what to make of the convoluted evidence, non-evidence, suspects, types of weapons and injuries, this case would be solved. I don't know what ot make of anything other than there are too many agencies involved rather than having one investigative unit heading the operation. League City refuses to believe they are "wrong" so they cling to the notion Mr Able is still the person who make the circut and killed each of these girs. Mind you, they have basis other than this is where he lived. There has never been any evidence of his guilt. However, he is enough of a creepy kind of guy that I would not want to be standing in the same line with him a grocery store in daylight. I just don't have any opinion other than many of these girls seemed to be runaways. They had a hard life, many on the streets. That lifestyle lends itself to abuse and broken bones. No help. I know.

They do look alike, however there is quite a bit of weight difference going on there. 110lbs vs 150 lbs, that's a lot. Now if it was the JD that was thinner, then I'd say that could be explained, but how would Linda have been abducted and put on weight? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Other than that they sure do look alike. Sometimes, I think, especially when the family is still actively looking for someone, as we know her mother is in this case from the 2009 newspaper article, it might be better to submit than not to. JMO Still the weight issue here bothers me.

I dont know where to put this and if it needs moved please do.
Again i dont much about dentals but i found another possible for this Jane Doe.

Peggy Sue Houser
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/592...about dentals look this one over? Thankyou.

Peggy Sue Houser's DoeNet page indicates that she was missing teeth # 4, 5, 12, 13, 20 and 29

Jane Doe had fillings in teeth 3, 5, 13-15, 18-19, and 31.

If this info is correct, this Jane Doe could not be PSH, because Jane Doe had fillings in teeth 5 and 13, and PSH was missing those teeth.

Bumpity Bump-did this comparison go anywhere? Does anyone know??

I realize there is a 6 year difference from the time missing and the time located but I still think this is worth checking into. Judith went missing from the NY area.

The Doe Network: Judith O'Donnell
Case File 39DFMD

The Doe Network:
Case File 35UFTX

Isn't it possible that a girl could have been held hostage for a while the length of the hair differs from Judith.
A trucker (or anyone) could have moved the body to Tx.

Carl can you do a side by side comparison? Dentals are available on Judith.

I can't get the pictures. Sorry.

I realize there is a 6 year difference from the time missing and the time located but I still think this is worth checking into. Judith went missing from the NY area.

Case File 39DFMD

The Doe Network:
Case File 35UFTX

Isn't it possible that a girl could have been held hostage for a while the length of the hair differs from Judith.
A trucker (or anyone) could have moved the body to Tx.

Carl can you do a side by side comparison? Dentals are available on Judith.

I can't get the pictures. Sorry.

The Doe Network:
Case File 35UFTX
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/35uftx.html
CaseFile35UFTX.png

Case File 39DFMD
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/39dfmd.html

CaseFile39DFMD.png

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15575&d=1305921950

Another picture of Judith

Judith O'Donnell is on WS with more pictures or links to pictures.

I think this looks like her. Judith was 5"10 140 lbs 19 years old. She was a prostitute in NY.

Let me know what you think.

They do look similar, but since DNA profiles are entered in CODIS for both Judith and the UID, it would be presumed to be a non-match due to the lack of a CODIS hit.

BTW, Judith's sister is a member of WS, and posts using the handle JudysSisterMaureen.

They do look similar, but since DNA profiles are entered in CODIS for both Judith and the UID, it would be presumed to be a non-match due to the lack of a CODIS hit.

BTW, Judith's sister is a member of WS, and posts using the handle JudysSisterMaureen.

I know. I talk to her often. Judith's info was just recently put into codis. How long until they check it or is it instant?
Did you know they are digging up Hart's Cemetary in NY? They intend to put all the UID's into Namus. I don't have any idea how many there are but you are going to busy.........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back