Identified! TX - League City, WhtFem Skeletal 35UFTX, 21-29, gapped teeth, Feb'86 - Audrey Lee Cook

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wonder if Maureen looked at this UID and compared her to Judy?

I honestly don't know. I hadn't mentioned it to her because I wanted all of you to check it out and see what you thought first. She has been disappointed so many times.

They do look similar, but since DNA profiles are entered in CODIS for both Judith and the UID, it would be presumed to be a non-match due to the lack of a CODIS hit.

BTW, Judith's sister is a member of WS, and posts using the handle JudysSisterMaureen.

Surprise, Surprise.

The two League City Jane Does are not yet in CODIS. Apparently, someone dropped the ball and forgot to arrange for these two UID's to be put into CODIS. I wonder how many previous "rule-outs" were based on the presumption that the DNA was in CODIS.

The bodies of Jane and Janet Doe have been in a box at the Galveston County morgue, their identities unknown.

But League City Police Detectives Bryan Campbell and Marty Grant discovered recently DNA extracted from the unidentified remains in the 1990s was not being compared with submissions to the state's Missing Person DNA data bank, started in 2003, the Houston Chronicle reported Monday.

The newspaper said it remained unclear why the DNA evidence wasn't submitted to the data bank but Grant points to a lack of oversight.

Read More:
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=upiUPI-20111107-180917-8031&show_article=1

Surprise, Surprise.

The two League City Jane Does are not yet in CODIS. Apparently, someone dropped the ball and forgot to arrange for these two UID's to be put into CODIS. I wonder how many previous "rule-outs" were based on the presumption that the DNA was in CODIS.

Read More:
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=upiUPI-20111107-180917-8031&show_article=1

I saw that and wondered how many in Texas could have been identified if the DNA had been entered into CODIS. Probably other states too. Such a shame. Hopefully, now this girl will be identified and a family can bury their daughter. At least, now there is a chance!

Surprise, Surprise.

Read More:

I contacted Todd Matthews about this Jane Doe possibly being Judy last week. He had the DNA compared, and Judy's sister Maureen was contacted that the Jane Doe isn't Judy... Thank goodness for people like Todd to get the ball rolling. Judy contacted LE that is listed on the Doe's page and they weren't very nice to her, so that is why I decided to contact Todd. I figured he has some connections!

I contacted Todd Matthews about this Jane Doe possibly being Judy last week. He had the DNA compared, and Judy's sister Maureen was contacted that the Jane Doe isn't Judy... Thank goodness for people like Todd to get the ball rolling. Judy contacted LE that is listed on the Doe's page and they weren't very nice to her, so that is why I decided to contact Todd. I figured he has some connections!

Thank you for doing that and tell Todd we appreciate him too! At least now Maureen knows and maybe the next one will be Judy.

:crazy:

He knows we do Jeannie. He has helped some of us here with connections for different cases.

Peggy Sue Houser's DoeNet page indicates that she was missing teeth # 4, 5, 12, 13, 20 and 29

Jane Doe had fillings in teeth 3, 5, 13-15, 18-19, and 31.

If this info is correct, this Jane Doe could not be PSH, because Jane Doe had fillings in teeth 5 and 13, and PSH was missing those teeth.

Just wanted to update y'all that Peggy Sue Houser was recently ID'd as a UID in Florida. Unfortunately not this UID.

Ok here's a long shot for this Texas Jane Doe, but I thought I would see what yall think. I generally think 1,2, or 3 inconsistencies probably indicate a non-match, however in this one I still think it's a possibility even with the inconsistencies. Also, apologies if I have missed some glaring factual issue that excludes this MP...I confess I don't have time to cross-analyze 4 or 5 different websites for the same case in order to get all the information [i.e. WS, DOE, PORCHLIGHT, LBTH, etc....]... [personal gripe]

Kimberly Doss http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/doss_kimberly.html

So here's my rationale...
-MP obvious gap between front teeth, as UID has
-UID light reddish brown hair, MP appears to have light reddish brown hair
-age slightly under estimated UID range ---but not excessively out of range
-height slightly under estimated UID range---but not excessively out of range
-weight under estimated UID range---not impossible in 4 yrs especially from teenager to 20/s
-MP listed as missing from IA [reported last sighting], ---her listing as IA MP case was due to a sighting of her in IA, however she was ACTUALLY living in Houston TX when she went missing. Her listing as IA MP case may have been why she didn't come up as a TX MP when LE searched for matches to this UID? Distance from Houston TX to League City TX is approx. 27 mi.
-MP missing 4 yrs before UID found---but MP was likely living a life of prostitution, having been almost definitely sighted in CA doing so---not unheard of for years to pass in similar cases/circumstances
-it was believed by some when she was reported missing in 1982 that she planned to return home to TX...not too crazy to project that she may have actually done so after sightings in CA/IA, and returned to Houston

So this is one possible match that doesn't really seem spot-on, but there are enough circumstantial things floating around the MP's circumstances that I thought it would be worth it to voice the possibility. Any and all are welcome to comment/celebrate my genius/blow this theory apart ^_^ [joke about the genius part....lol!]

I spent my teenage years just a few short miles from the "Killing Fields" We were always made to travel in groups and be mindful of what had happened and may still be happening in our community. I do not have time to go into all of the local theories but I wanted to tell you malaika I was stuck by the similarities of the photo and the drawing. You may be on tro something.

In particular I see a close resemblance between MP's far-left photo and the UID's far right photo. Kimberly Sue Doss has wide-set eyes, UID appears to, at least in the recons. Similar foreheads as well as center-part hair... it's definitely worth a second look in my book.

Ok here's a long shot for this Texas Jane Doe, but I thought I would see what yall think. I generally think 1,2, or 3 inconsistencies probably indicate a non-match, however in this one I still think it's a possibility even with the inconsistencies. Also, apologies if I have missed some glaring factual issue that excludes this MP...I confess I don't have time to cross-analyze 4 or 5 different websites for the same case in order to get all the information [i.e. WS, DOE, PORCHLIGHT, LBTH, etc....]... [personal gripe]

Kimberly Doss http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/doss_kimberly.html

So here's my rationale...
-MP obvious gap between front teeth, as UID has
-UID light reddish brown hair, MP appears to have light reddish brown hair
-age slightly under estimated UID range ---but not excessively out of range
-height slightly under estimated UID range---but not excessively out of range
-weight under estimated UID range---not impossible in 4 yrs especially from teenager to 20/s
-MP listed as missing from IA [reported last sighting], ---her listing as IA MP case was due to a sighting of her in IA, however she was ACTUALLY living in Houston TX when she went missing. Her listing as IA MP case may have been why she didn't come up as a TX MP when LE searched for matches to this UID? Distance from Houston TX to League City TX is approx. 27 mi.
-MP missing 4 yrs before UID found---but MP was likely living a life of prostitution, having been almost definitely sighted in CA doing so---not unheard of for years to pass in similar cases/circumstances
-it was believed by some when she was reported missing in 1982 that she planned to return home to TX...not too crazy to project that she may have actually done so after sightings in CA/IA, and returned to Houston

So this is one possible match that doesn't really seem spot-on, but there are enough circumstantial things floating around the MP's circumstances that I thought it would be worth it to voice the possibility. Any and all are welcome to comment/celebrate my genius/blow this theory apart ^_^ [joke about the genius part....lol!]

I'm not convinced by the Ca. sighting - it's possible, however. If it is accurate, it suggests that KSD grew 4" between 16 and 20. If that is the case, the BMI would have moved from (on 2012 figures) 73rd percentile to 65th percentile, so actually pretty good.

Apparantly, the DNA that has been 'available' since 1986 will now finally be extracted & entered into CODIS.
'Killing Fields' victims' DNA to be extracted, may help lead to their identities
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
At the League City Police Department, a decades-old oversight is now corrected.
"Our fault, but we rectified that by having the bones taken to North Texas. DNA is going to be extracted. The girls are going to be fed into CODIS," League City Det. Morton Grant said.
The DNA from the two never-identified murder victims from the notorious League City "Killing Fields" will soon be entered into a national database, and investigators hope they will soon be identified.
"It just gives us a whole other area to investigate who the girls are, where they're from, who they're around," Grant said.

Meanwhile they say it will be about two or three weeks before the DNA is entered into CODIS, and no telling how long it will take to make a match after that.

Apparantly, the DNA that has been 'available' since 1986 will now finally be extracted & entered into CODIS.
'Killing Fields' victims' DNA to be extracted, may help lead to their identities
Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I don't understand this at all.
March 25, 2014
"Our fault, but we rectified that by having the bones taken to North Texas. DNA is going to be extracted. The girls are going to be fed into CODIS," League City Det. Morton Grant said.
November 7, 2011
The remains of the women -- dubbed Jane and Janet Doe -- were found in the "killing fields" of League City, where two of the killer's other victims, who have been identified, were found.

The bodies of Jane and Janet Doe have been in a box at the Galveston County morgue, their identities unknown.

But League City Police Detectives Bryan Campbell and Marty Grant discovered recently DNA extracted from the unidentified remains in the 1990s was not being compared with submissions to the state's Missing Person DNA data bank, started in 2003, the Houston Chronicle reported Monday.

When the state data bank processes DNA from the women's bones, submitted last week, computers can begin scanning for possible matches nationwide.
The Namus profile says "Samples submitted - Tests complete"

Back in December, a woman posted a message on the Who Was Walker County Jane Doe Facebook page, indicating that her sister, Theresa Vernell Jones had been missing since September of 1980. I could see from the photos that she posted that Theresa probably was not WCJD. But it occurred to me that she very much resembled the 1986 League City "Jane".

37420b39-1ca6-4e57-b06a-afea3e1e142d.jpg
28ff3b79-0ce4-4518-9bd8-c12a5d7ef843.jpg
072cddbf-99f3-47ca-a63e-008271c916cb.jpg

I tried a couple of times to contact the woman who made the post, and didn't get a response. Yesterday, I noticed that a second sister had also commented on the thread. So I sent her a message and she replied.

This morning, I sent an email to the League City PD detectives, and the Galveston County ME office to suggest that they send FRS kits to Theresa's three sisters and her brother. So they are now looking into this.

If Theresa is not League City "Jane", perhaps she can be matched to one of the other UID's in the system.

Name: Theresa Vernell Jones
DOB: 9-Feb-1963
Height: 5 feet 6 inches
Date LKA: Approx. September 1980
Location LKA: Alvin, Texas
Tattoos: Small rose on back of right shoulder.
Circumstances: Theresa was supposed to meet her sister in Houston to give her sister a ride home. She never arrived, and has not been seen since then. She drove a green colored Chevy Chevelle. The vehicle has also never been located.

I've been working with Theresa Vernell Jones' family to get her listed in NamUs and to get DNA FRS's collected from her one brother and three sisters.

They located her Texas driver's license renewal card with her driver's license number pre-printed on it. It indicates an expiration date of her birthday in 1985. The police determined that her driver's license was not renewed in 1985, and consequently, the number was re-issued to someone else.

She moved around frequently prior to her disappearance, and her siblings weren't sure which high schools she attended. But we finally pinned down that she was in Atwater California during her freshman year in high school. I found her freshman photo from the 1979 Atwater High School yearbook.

Here it is side-by-side with the Jane Doe sketch.

4af4a8d6-d0a0-40c5-a9f6-d82b2d8c4186.jpg
28ff3b79-0ce4-4518-9bd8-c12a5d7ef843.jpg

Carl - did you ever hear more about Theresa? I don't see her in NamUs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back