Found Deceased TX - Leah Martin, 22, Graham, 29 May 2015 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.grahamleader.com/ci_28861706/details-begin-emerge-local-capital-murder-case

"Police allege that Blair, owner of the shop and Martin's employer, along with two other Graham men kidnapped and murdered Martin. "

I have lurked through this thread from the beginning. I may have missed this discussion, but why have the three been charged with kidnapping? Don't you think this indicates they all three took her away from the shop alive and murdered her somewhere else?

The other detail I have a problem with is the time frame on Sunday morning when the women was taken home to WF. I was under the assumption it was very early hours of Sunday morning. What hardware stores are open all night?

Sorry, just a couple of questions I have not been able to wrap my head around. TYIA

If I remember correctly, graduation was on Friday night (5/29)...Her truck was found at the shop on Saturday, (5/30) and "she never made it to work", according to EC Blair. Apparently Hellams and Minkley drove this woman home the following Sunday morning (5/31).

Apparently Sutherlands is the store they stopped at, which opens at 9 A.M. in Wichita falls. I guess it is a combination hardware/sporting goods type store.

ECBlair3.jpg

From all outward appearances, this woman may have been present when all the digging was going on.
Apparently they toted their killing clothes and the shotgun with them to Wichita Falls.

Sutherlands is like Lowe's & Home Depot.

The "ride home" to WF was on Sunday, May 31 according to the arrest affidavits. The WF Sutherlands show their hours on Sundays to be 9 am to 6 pm.

Yes, the graduation was Friday night, May 29. Leah was last seen that night on video at approx. 930 pm at EC's Auto.

My presumption is that she was killed between 930 pm/May 29/Friday and 2-230 am on May 30/Saturday.

Her body was hidden in the clandestine grave on the FM 209 property on May 30/Saturday after the backhoe was rented and the equipments arrival at FM 209.

I can only speculate where Leah's body was between her death and placement in that grave. Possibly in a vehicle or trailer used to transport her body. That's assuming she was killed at EC's Auto which in my opinion is the most likely place.

Unnamed female phone-caller subject given a ride to WF May 31/Sunday.

The details surrounding that "sighting" are in complete contrast to what LES posted up there.
It was posted saying this girl was applying for a job and essentially using Leah's information to try and get it. There was also a comment about the girl and her tatooed boyfriend not qualifying for government assistance.
Nothing in that post had anything to do with a girl transferring from one store to another......nothing.

So was this just some troll trying to stir up trouble ?

I don't necessarily think that whole bit of weirdness was intended "to stir up trouble."

More likely to me that if it was trolling for anything, it was trolling for reactions from those who might have had malicious knowledge on August 3/4 where Leah Martin really was.

Clearly the Colorado person was not Leah, nor does it appear to me to that the Colorado "sighting" has any direct connection to Leah Martin, other than its appearance right before her body was recovered.

Red herring.

Laid out there for persons who had an interest in keeping secrets as to what happened to Leah -- the perps and any others who might have an interest in keeping the truth about Leah's whereabouts a secret.

Laid out there by whom? Beats me and I can't say that I've spent much time looking that direction since it appeared and in the following days when the news hit of a recovered body on the FM 209 property.

Only time I ever give it much thought is as the "sighting report" gets brought up in a context as to who shared that FB "sighting report" when the body found on FM 209 was still unidentified as Leah Martin's.

Consider this...knowing what we know now, there were at least three people who knew from the get-go that the body was Leah Martin's -- RH, BM & ECB.

It's pretty clear that there were others (potential subjects) who at the least had pieces of information that should have told them that the body was most likely Leah's.

Cats and mice. Just my opinion.

It was a real tip, what I was trying to say is that the story the clerk he spoke to told and the one we were given was different. I have no information on the calls other than she was getting them. As I am new to this forum, I'm not sure of the process to be a verified insider.

Verified Professionals and Case Insiders

We are lucky enough to have posters from all walks of life with a broad spectrum of expertise. Some hold specialized knowledge that applies to the various circumstances of the cases we discuss, and can contribute valuable insight and information. We welcome their participation.

To ensure that anyone posting as a "professional" in a specific field truly is what/who they claim to be, WS employs a verification process.

The verification process also applies to "case insiders". Relatives, friends, and others personally acquainted with a victim or suspect; or a professional working on behalf of a victim or the family, i.e., a private investigator, can submit a request to be verified as a "case insider".

If you would like to become verified, please contact the site owner at wsverify@gmail.com with your Websleuths name, your real name, the case, a telephone number, and the times when you can be reached.

If you are a "professional" or "case insider", but would prefer not to be verified, please understand that you will be required to follow the general rules for posting, and back up your statements with links to appropriate sources.

More information on how to submit a request, and the information required, can be found at this link:

Verification Process for Professionals and Insiders

NOTE: Websleuths does not condone members becoming personally involved in cases by initiating contact with family members, law enforcement, or the media. This does not preclude responding to a request for volunteers, or utilizing proper channels to report valid information, i.e., "a tip", to law enforcement.
==================================

Rules: Etiquette and Information

LES,

This should help explain verified insiders.

Love and light to your family.

This is the first case I am following since joining and lurking for some time. I am gob-smacked and appalled by the comments on the Graham Leader about people trafficking. Everyone seems to know about it, they discuss it openly, yet no-one appears to be doing anything about it. I appreciate they are focused on justice for Leah but imagine the impact they could have on young women from Graham, their own children, if they fought for justice for them. It also appears everyone is related to everyone else and no-one seems to think it odd that multiple people are having affairs that everyone, and presumably the partners (and their children!) know about. I await the next round of arrests as I agree with all the comments that some women are likely to be next. I still don't understand the motive. To do this over a ring, or from jealousy when ECB appears to be having multiple affairs and given Leah was trying to make it work with AB... would a pregnancy be released to the public as part of the autopsy findings?

I don't necessarily think that whole bit of weirdness was intended "to stir up trouble."

More likely to me that if it was trolling for anything, it was trolling for reactions from those who might have had malicious knowledge on August 3/4 where Leah Martin really was.

Clearly the Colorado person was not Leah, nor does it appear to me to that the Colorado "sighting" has any direct connection to Leah Martin, other than its appearance right before her body was recovered.

Red herring.

Laid out there for persons who had an interest in keeping secrets as to what happened to Leah -- the perps and any others who might have an interest in keeping the truth about Leah's whereabouts a secret.

Laid out there by whom? Beats me and I can't say that I've spent much time looking that direction since it appeared and in the following days when the news hit of a recovered body on the FM 209 property.

Only time I ever give it much thought is as the "sighting report" gets brought up in a context as to who shared that FB "sighting report" when the body found on FM 209 was still unidentified as Leah Martin's.

Consider this...knowing what we know now, there were at least three people who knew from the get-go that the body was Leah Martin's -- RH, BM & ECB.

It's pretty clear that there were others (potential subjects) who at the least had pieces of information that should have told them that the body was most likely Leah's.

Cats and mice. Just my opinion.

I think there is more of that going on...

I've been following this case which lead me to this website, which then lead me to track more stuff on fb. There is a lot of false fb profiles that pop up on the Graham Leader page. One in particular is EP. She's quick with her jabs and then deactivates her account, which is clearly fake and I think a group of women 'know' who she is and you can see how they use it to their advantage. There is a 'group' (more like a mob) of women who seem to feed off of this tragedy like an addiction at this point on the Graham Leader page. I'm starting to get the impression that EP is actually someone who's smart enough to spell the victim's daughter's name wrong, but knows the victim's side/camp. I won't say who I think it is, but I think they continue to point their finger at AB and his mother, LB. Although the victim's family publicly seem to support AB to a point, I've seen comments behind the scenes on posts that get erased that seem to suggest otherwise. I think this makes sense that anyone from the victim's family that might have suspicions or even know wouldn't want AB or LB to think they are convinced of guilt because they'd lose contact while this process was going on until the possible arrests. I still believe that Minkley and his girlfriend EM are just pawns in this whole ordeal. Although Minkely is clearly criminal/killer, I don't think LM would have been killed by Minkley without his connection to ECB. I'm glad Minkley is behind bars and it helped the LE with catching ECB. I don't see Minkley or RH as masterminds behind any of this, but grunt workers that helped someone or people in furthering their gains. I think it's been shared that LB and AB seem to gain the most at this point. It's never been clear how serious AB and LM were getting after this whole 'relationship with his dad went down. I can't imagine the mess this was behind the scenes and again, my focus would be that family.

I don't know a lot about LB's character from online information, so I can't credit her with how smart she might be in being the 'planner' of all this. I do think that AB doesn't come across as very bright and I'd rule him out. I'm pretty sure EM or Minkley didn't want a ring - but I could see LB wanting it for a few different reasons.

You all have been 'SS' and someone the other day shared this site with the FB group and it positive things were said about how well some of you write and your theories. I also really appreciate how tasteful this has been conducted and feel like a few of you could write crime novels and wonder if you do.

Haha, one of mine got shared but it turned out not to be accurate; however, I do still feel female(s) was part of this planning. I'm no professional nor autho nor Leah's family. I'm just a Texan mom with a heart for all these missing/murdered young ladies especially Texas Gals. We have way too many that remain missing as well as unsolved.

It's interesting to me that the Colorado story given and confirmed were different. I posted the ss of those who were sharing this story and they all connect to guilty parties. In fact, one was even shared on Texoma news story of the breaking news of the grave discovery which included a picture of this persons daughters house. The person who shared is the mother-in-law to RH and has continuously supported his innocence. You can't make me believe she didn't know, wasn't trying to deflect attention from what was going down, nor that she didn't recognize her daughters house in the picture at that time. No way. No how period. I only hope the law saw this or at least the ss because it's proof in the pudding she at least knew as well as the few other RH family members who also shared it.

I have thoughts I would like your insight on. The remains were in an advanced stage of decomposition. That being true if the ring wasn't there - how do they know one was removed?

I've wondered this too. I've tried looking at the graduation photo for the ring and necklace but can't see them. Perhaps LE has more photos or Leah was known to always wear this ring or was the ring with the remains but not on her finger? Was her cell and wallet and keys recovered?

I have thoughts I would like your insight on. The remains were in an advanced stage of decomposition. That being true if the ring wasn't there - how do they know one was removed?

First I must say I am sorry for the loss of your grandaughter mainly in the way it was. I hope you have at least the confort of seeing that one by one the criminals who perpetrated it are being caught and hopefully justice will be done for Leah.

If I could understand your question, you mean that due to decomposition the ring could have fallen from her fingers and have been in the land/terrain around the body instead of being removed by someone else?

Edited to add - was the necklace recovered?

For those unaware, Lajuana Long, who is in jail for the murder of Candice Shields, is RH cousin. Where are Candice's remains? Still not discovered. RH is also alleged to have shot his bus driver in early years as well as Elise Rios from Olney, Tx, a few years ago. I suspect his rap will eventually be much longer if or when he breaks. So where does ECB come in? Perhaps he's cowardly paid criminals to do his dirty work for years? Where does his supposed money come from? Mechanics don't make a good lick and he only recently inherited the shop and perhaps took it over, originally belonging to ECB Sr. I believe. Did ECB hire phone calls too or RH and if RH why? Where is the motive?

For those unaware, Lajuana Long, who is in jail for the murder of Candice Shields, is RH cousin. Where are Candice's remains? Still not discovered. RH is also alleged to have shot his bus driver in early years as well as Elise Rios from Olney, Tx, a few years ago. I suspect his rap will eventually be much longer if or when he breaks. So where does ECB come in? Perhaps he's cowardly paid criminals to do his dirty work for years? Where does his supposed money come from? Mechanics don't make a good lick and he only recently inherited the shop and perhaps took it over, originally belonging to ECB Sr. I believe. Did ECB hire phone calls too or RH and if RH why? Where is the motive?
I suspect there is probably a side business underneath all this.

But would the ME been privy to that information? That info was in the autopsy. I'm sorry, can't help with the wallet, etc. In one of the pictures taken by her cousin if you enlarge the picture, you can just see the necklace through her shirt. The picture was not the one used for the flyer.

First I must say I am sorry for the loss of your grandaughter mainly in the way it was. I hope you have at least the confort of seeing that one by one the criminals who perpetrated it are being caught and hopefully justice will be done for Leah.

If I could understand your question, you mean that due to decomposition the ring could have fallen from her fingers and have been in the land/terrain around the body instead of being removed by someone else?

Edited to add - was the necklace recovered?

No just meant, it was reported a ring was removed. How do they know that?

No just meant, it was reported a ring was removed. How do they know that?

1) Maybe she had worn the ring long enough that there were still tell-tale signs of it having been on her finger.

2) Maybe there was evidence that the ring had been forcibly removed from her finger.

3) The ME said bones were missing from her hand, as well as a foot was missing. The ME didn't specify which bones of the hand were missing. Technically, fingers are bones, which could have been what the ME was referring to.

Either way, I think during the initial identification process, they may have conferred with her parents and found out that she always wore that ring.....always. Her parents may have also known whether or not she was wearing it graduation night, my guess would be that she was.

But would the ME been privy to that information? That info was in the autopsy. I'm sorry, can't help with the wallet, etc. In one of the pictures taken by her cousin if you enlarge the picture, you can just see the necklace through her shirt. The picture was not the one used for the flyer.

Hate it when that happens...go to edit and delete happens.

Best I can repost..

I don't have any knowledge as to what investigators tell medical examiners or if investigators contribute information to the final autopsy reports before the reports enter the public information arena.

It is possible that Minkley talked about the ring in his 9-8 confession to GPD and Ranger Catlin. Information he might have provided about the ring could be information not known to the public (it wasn't known on 9-8), but known to a participant as stated in the arrest affidavit.

The autopsy report became public on 9-17. In my awareness, this was the first time the public knew anything regarding a ring.

I can see where investigators might want the ring information included in the public autopsy as a means of letting other persons involved know that law enforcement knows about the ring.

I can also imagine that could create some sweat on the part of any persons who might know what happened to the ring after it was taken from Leah. Particularly if a person is in possession of the ring or knows where it is.

1) Maybe she had worn the ring long enough that there were still tell-tale signs of it having been on her finger.

2) Maybe there was evidence that the ring had been forcibly removed from her finger.

3) The ME said bones were missing from her hand, as well as a foot was missing. The ME didn't specify which bones of the hand were missing. Technically, fingers are bones, which could have been what the ME was referring to.

Either way, I think during the initial identification process, they may have conferred with her parents and found out that she always wore that ring.....always. Her parents may have also known whether or not she was wearing it graduation night, my guess would be that she was.

They certainly may have. I just didn't think at that stage they would have been able to see a ring line and didn't remember her having one on that night. I'm not fully aware of things exchanged between LE and her father.

Martin, 22, didn’t show up for her shift Saturday at EC’s Auto Repair in Graham and was reported missing by her father, Billy Martin, Saturday evening. Her Chevrolet truck was found at the shop, and Martin is listed in the Texas Department of Public Safety’s database for missing persons as an “involuntary” case. The DPS listing also states that her wallet, phone and keys to the vehicle were not located.

The family members said they feel like GPD is treating Martin’s case as though she ran away, aren’t following up on tips they have forwarded to the agency, such as the threatening calls, and haven’t been communicating with the family.

“There are only so many things that the layman can do without warrants and stuff to get that kind of information. We have her Facebook accounts, her Zoosk accounts. We have her phone records, but you can’t see what the texts were,” Shaffer said. “That’s all got to come through warrants.”

Graham Police Department Chief Tony Widner reiterated that all of the agency’s investigative resources are aimed at this case, and that it remains a search for a missing person and not a criminal investigation, but foul play has not been ruled out.

“We’re investigating a lot of leads but can’t publicize information or be specific,” Widner said. “Every effort that we have right now is going toward the investigation.”

Martin’s grandparents also expressed frustration with CUE Center for Missing Persons, an organization that has been assisting with volunteer search efforts.

“We had the CUE group involved, but they’ve had no resources to give us,” Shaffer said. “It’s just one person (who) comes up here, making promises and trying to make plans, but nothing has been done through them, basically.”

Shaffer and her husband, Don, said they called the Texas Rangers primary office in Austin on Monday, June 8, to inform them of the case. Shaffer said they had been advised to do so by a family member, and both said the person they talked to said the Rangers did not have information about the case.
http://www.grahamleader.com/ci_28281871/family-missing-woman-received-threatening-calls

A few questions answered in this article, plus a walk down memory lane as to how the search for her dragged on and on at a frustrating pace.

From my understanding, I do believe ME receive the police report for review in the autopsy setting. This info could have been copied from there. I reviewed the report again and it does not state the ring as missing nor broken. It says a ring had been removed. Makes me think likely it was found with remains but not in correct place or as someone above said perhaps was known she always wore it but significance and history of this ring might tell us more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back