Found Deceased TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe that's because I didn't see her videos or read her travel blog! But I also think it's harder in general to accept Sudden death at all or even imagine it, when it's someone you know and all of you who read her blogs and watched her videos got to know her quite a bit.
Above BBM.. I know, for me, this could not be more true..and your observation is spot on wrt having felt a real sense of "getting to know" Leanne through their beautifully detailed blog.. As I mentioned before I fully believe that its due to that connection felt through reading their entire blog that has made this all the more difficult in dealing with the loss of her being gone..after having had her literally come to life through the imagery in my mind from her words, her pictures.. It's definitely been a very different experience for me in following Leanne's case.. One that is unique in so many ways, as well as unique in the tremendous effect that's come about in her death..with the suicide just making it all the more painful, puzzling, and heart wrenching..and I'm but a mere stranger..so, my heart really goes out to all those who knew and love Leanne, that have had her ripped from their lives in a instant, and in a very traumatic, and tragic way.

My prayers continue for the so many that have the long road ahead of them in dealing with the tragic loss of this beautiful soul, Leanne...

I've been following the case of Bradley Bennett, age 32, who was last seen in Bear Valley, CA January 13. On Sunday, he finally called his Dad, a pastor in KY, from a pay phone for about six minutes. He's going through a spiritual/emotional struggle. He promised to call his Dad again and his Dad hopes to be able to meet him somewhere and help him. Please keep Bradley and his family in your thoughts and prayers. I'm trying to stay hopeful, but it's hard after Leanne.

CA CA - Bradley Bennett, 32, Bear Valley, 13 January 2014 - Page 2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Oh dear God. I didn't know Leanne had been found dead by suicide. I am just sick.

Heartfelt prayers and good thoughts to her family and friends and all who have been touched by her life.

Godspeed, Leanne. I am so sorry for your pain.

I have not commented since Leanne was found. Still have no words for how things unfolded, but wanted to thank everyone here for all the insights shared, and for the thoughtful discussions that have taken place here in the last 10 threads.

virtual hugs to all.

My dear Mother's obituary was lengthy and detailed her life story. I penned it as a tribute to her and as a means to honor her.

In no way did I ever consider it in any way a means by which to allow vultures to pick over her death.

In fact, I've never heard of an obituary being described in such a manner. ?

The difference may be that my mom committed suicide. As a little kid it was difficult to understand, much less hearing "comments" at school, the community, etc. It wasn't for the "public" to know or even understand. Heck ... I couldn't understand it, but I learned to accept it later as I grew up with a lot of help from my dad and siblings and aunts/uncles/grandparents.

I thought obituaries are always public. Seems I was mistaken.

usually they are - the funeral director writes it up with assistance from the family and it gets posted in the local papers which are accessible on the internet. This is usually done so that friends who knew the deceased but are not aware of the arrangements can attend or are at least notified of the death. My mom still reads the obituaries every day.

In this case the family may forego the public announcement and keep things private. There is a memorial run being held in March so I can understand if they want to keep the services limited to family only.

I have not commented since Leanne was found. Still have no words for how things unfolded, but wanted to thank everyone here for all the insights shared, and for the thoughtful discussions that have taken place here in the last 10 threads.

virtual hugs to all.

I agree and second the THANKS! so many of you have shared very personal experiences with us and for that - I thank you for changing my perspective.
I am so sorry for the losses - you are all very strong. I glad that thru Leanne's disappearance I stumbled upon this site . "meeting" everyone here was the one good thing that I can associate with this horrible incident.

I wonder each day how Josh is doing. his life is shattered and I hope he gets to eventually recognize his next adventure of having a family. In the movie UP it was what the wife wanted for her husband after she died - for him to continue with the adventure they talked about .

I was looking for her obituary but there isn't one. Or at least I can't find it. There is also no mention of the funeral or anything by any msm after the announcement that it was a suicide. It this normal in suicide cases? Wouldn't they at least mention that a funeral service was held or something? I'm a bit surprised that everything has gone so silent after a lot of coverage before her discovery. Not that I want the family pried upon but no mention of the funeral and no obit kind of puzzles me.

It's right here, and it's lovely. I cried. I wish so much I'd known her.

http://www.schertzfuneralhome.com/memsol.cgi?user_id=1248253

I don't remember Leanne's moms FB page being public but she posted a public picture of her and Leanne. She commented that she it at a loss about what changed her happiness so quickly when she got home....

I wish she could read some of the experience you all shared about long term travel especially Ami'a - and even the malaria drug theory. But I suppose even with reading the possibilities - there is no definite answer to the bottom line question of why? I feel such sorrow for her family.

I don't remember Leanne's moms FB page being public but she posted a public picture of her and Leanne. She commented that she is at a loss about what changed her happiness so quickly when she got home....

I wish she could read some of the experience you all shared about long term travel especially Ami'a - and even the malaria drug theory. But I suppose even with reading the possibilities - there is no definite answer to the bottom line question of why? I feel such sorrow for her family.

Thank you for finding and posting, ami. I'm glad that the family chose to mention her battle with depression, just as cancer or some other illness would be mentioned. Feels like they are honoring who she was by acknowledging her struggle.

I agree with this. I'm glad they chose to mention it.

oh wow - the first confirmed mention of a history with depression . This was indeed a lovely write up and does provide a bit of closure for me.

I was thinking the same thing....the first time a history of depression was confirmed by the family. At least to my knowledge.

To be fair, I have a history of depression and if I went missing, my family would probably keep that private because if I returned they wouldn't want it to ruin job prospects and such due to the field I'm in.

Thank you Ami for finding and posting this!

It is very beautiful indeed, very respectful.

What is an 'inurnment'? The funeral has already happened iirc?

It's the process of placing cremated remains into an urn and either burying it or placing it in a special place like a mausoleum. It's like a funeral but with ashes.

My sister was cremated and her urn was buried in the site my parents had reserved, and they were buried with her there later...

It's the process of placing cremated remains into an urn and either burying it or placing it in a special place like a mausoleum. It's like a funeral but with ashes.

Thank you Tawny. But I still don't understand. The funeral has already happened, so if the ashes are put into the urn on March 1, where are they kept now in the meantime, and why weren't the ashes given to the family at the time of the funeral? Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions, I'm just not familiar with the way it is done in the US.

Thank you Tawny. But I still don't understand. The funeral has already happened, so if the ashes are put into the urn on March 1, where are they kept now in the meantime, and why weren't the ashes given to the family at the time of the funeral? Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions, I'm just not familiar with the way it is done in the US.

It depends if they plan to bury the urn...in cold states, you have to wait until the ground is not frozen. My sister died in February, but we could not bury the urn until June...the mortuary kept possession until then. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back