Found Deceased TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Rest in peace, Leanne, rest and heal. Prayers and healing for Josh and all those who love her, too.

So hard to understand this type of severe depression when outwardly she was so happy.

R.I.P. Leanne. A beautiful video.
I understand what you are saying. I have depression and unless someone has suffered from unrelenting depression, they won't understand. I would be described as happy, and I am, but I still struggle with depression. It is a constant battle and I don't really share it with anyone. I have never even considered suicide but I do understand how someone can get to that point. Especially if they are ashamed to seek treatment for it. We don't want to believe that someone young, beautiful, and seemingly happy would commit suicide because it is scary but it happens everyday.

RIP Leanne.
The video was beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such beauty, grace, and light, gone too soon.

May you truly rest, in peace, dear Leanne.

How sad, how tragic that this young life ended so needlessly and far too soon, and for her husband and family who are left behind to question and to grieve, probably for the rest of their lives. Even with my background in health care and psychology, this case is beyond my understanding. I understand depression of course, but suicide in cases like this, well for me it's very hard to swallow.

This young woman seemed to have everything, I could only dream of a life like this when I was younger, or for that matter even today. She was young, talented, and in excellent condition physically. She wasn't alone, had a husband and family who loved and stood by her. She had freedom to do what ever she wanted to do in the world, such as take a two year world excursion. She had plans with a man who loved her and what sounds like a very bright future.

I read where her friend or husband, can't remember which, stated that she was nervous and "afraid" to come home? Why afraid? I just find that strange. I also suspect she may have more mental illness than we will ever know here, was she experiencing delusions ? Did she think she had to keep her "appointment" with death ?

Also, I only watched a couple of the videos of them on their world tour, but am wondering if I'm the only one who got the feeling that her outward happy, light-hearted demeanor seemed false or forced ?

Depression usually exists independently of suicide. In fact I contend they are two different disorders. Animals and people alike normally have strong instincts for survival. Now I'm strongly questioning if there is a specific gene for "survival instinct". A gene that is missing or weakened somehow in some people. That would be about the only thing that could adequately explain something so disturbing as someone like this young woman taking her own life under these circumstances. I suppose I'll find myself researching that hypothesis when I have the time. JMO

Heartfelt prayers and condolences to her dear family. :rose:

Lots to think about Neesaki regarding what you wrote ^^.

So, so sad the loss of a young beautiful person. Also, have to feel for what family and husband is and will continue to go through.

Lots to think about Neesaki regarding what you wrote ^^.

So, so sad the loss of a young beautiful person. Also, have to feel for what family and husband is and will continue to go through.

Yes, OldSteve, the more I think about it the more it haunts me, especially at night, which will go on for a while but hopefully not too long. But for her poor husband and family, well, there's the rub. :cry:

How sad, how tragic that this young life ended so needlessly and far too soon, and for her husband and family who are left behind to question and to grieve, probably for the rest of their lives. Even with my background in health care and psychology, this case is beyond my understanding. I understand depression of course, but suicide in cases like this, well for me it's very hard to swallow.

This young woman seemed to have everything, I could only dream of a life like this when I was younger, or for that matter even today. She was young, talented, and in excellent condition physically. She wasn't alone, had a husband and family who loved and stood by her. She had freedom to do what ever she wanted to do in the world, such as take a two year world excursion. She had plans with a man who loved her and what sounds like a very bright future.

I read where her friend or husband, can't remember which, stated that she was nervous and "afraid" to come home? Why afraid? I just find that strange. I also suspect she may have more mental illness than we will ever know here, was she experiencing delusions ? Did she think she had to keep her "appointment" with death ?

Also, I only watched a couple of the videos of them on their world tour, but am wondering if I'm the only one who got the feeling that her outward happy, light-hearted demeanor seemed false or forced ?

Depression usually exists independently of suicide. In fact I contend they are two different disorders. Animals and people alike normally have strong instincts for survival. Now I'm strongly questioning if there is a specific gene for "survival instinct". A gene that is missing or weakened somehow in some people. That would be about the only thing that could adequately explain something so disturbing as someone like this young woman taking her own life under these circumstances. I suppose I'll find myself researching that hypothesis when I have the time. JMO

Heartfelt prayers and condolences to her dear family. :rose:

Neesaki, the loss of Leanne is so tragic for her family, friends, and all of us who came to care about her.

According to Leanne's obituary she had been battling depression for some time. Suicidal ideation/intent certainly can be a symptom of depression and other mental illnesses. We know, from Josh, that she was also experiencing considerable anxiety after her return to the States. I suspect she left the house that day with the intent of ending her life. LE has said that they feel she died soon after setting out for her last walk. We will never know exactly what her thoughts were that day.

I have read that Josh is thinking about helping raise awareness about suicide and suicide prevention. I am hoping Josh, his parents, and Leanne's family and friends eventually find some peace.

Tomorrow is the 5K run and memorial in Denver. All proceeds will go to the suicide prevention foundation Josh is setting up.

Apparently there will be an event in Rosewell, GA next Sunday.

http://www.leannebearden5k.com

I have been absolutely stunned by this case. I started reading Leanne's blog when I learned of this case and she was living a life I've always dreamed of living. She seemed so full of life – more than most people I know, which is why the way this story ends is so shocking. I will be thinking of her for a long time.

In Japan there is a suicide forest known as Aokigahara. It is the most popular site for suicides in Japan. As she was a world traveler, she probably knew of it. It's at the base of Mt. Fuji. If you Google it, you'll find some very moving information about it. People pack up camping gear or backpacks, hike into that forest and hang themselves. There is something very peaceful and appealing about it, if you're in that mindset. I know because I was planning my own trip there once many years ago. I have since gotten help. But the ritual of taking that walk into the wilderness and saying that final goodbye – it was the first thing I thought of when I heard the end of this story, that she chose to walk into her own Aokigahara.

I pray for peace and healing for her family. I'm grateful I got a chance to know Leanne – her blog inspired me to try to put a little more adventure in my bleak, boring life. I'm just so sorry I got to know her under these sad circumstances.

I have been absolutely stunned by this case. I started reading Leanne's blog when I learned of this case and she was living a life I've always dreamed of living. She seemed so full of life – more than most people I know, which is why the way this story ends is so shocking. I will be thinking of her for a long time.

In Japan there is a suicide forest known as Aokigahara. It is the most popular site for suicides in Japan. As she was a world traveler, she probably knew of it. It's at the base of Mt. Fuji. If you Google it, you'll find some very moving information about it. People pack up camping gear or backpacks, hike into that forest and hang themselves. There is something very peaceful and appealing about it, if you're in that mindset. I know because I was planning my own trip there once many years ago. I have since gotten help. But the ritual of taking that walk into the wilderness and saying that final goodbye – it was the first thing I thought of when I heard the end of this story, that she chose to walk into her own Aokigahara.

I pray for peace and healing for her family. I'm grateful I got a chance to know Leanne – her blog inspired me to try to put a little more adventure in my bleak, boring life. I'm just so sorry I got to know her under these sad circumstances.

How disturbing. What is it with the Japanese and suicides anyway? It's so sick. I'm sure I will have nightmares after reading about this. And this case as well. I guess some people can never come to appreciate that life is not a license to entitlement. Life is given as a gift. I guess some choose to reject it, whether because they are delusional as a result of depression or psychosis, or for whatever other unknown reasons. :(

First, welcome to WS if no one has welcomed you before!

Most interesting, what you wrote Aokigahara forest. It might explain what puzzled me - the way she took her young life...

First, welcome to WS if no one has welcomed you before!

Most interesting, what you wrote Aokigahara forest. It might explain what puzzled me - the way she took her young life...

Aokigahara, Japan's Suicide Forest - YouTube

Thank you. And ugh, those kids are horrible with their irreverence for the place. :(

This 20-minute documentary moved me. Azusa Hayano is a geologist who goes in there regularly and tries to stop people. If it's inappropriate for me to post it, mods, please delete this post. ETA: Warning, some images are disturbing.

Aokigahara (青木ヶ原) - YouTube

All that said, I hope the 5K run for Leanne went well today and I hope they had some joyous moments celebrating her life.

Thank you. And ugh, those kids are horrible with their irreverence for the place. :(

This 20-minute documentary moved me. Azusa Hayano is a geologist who goes in there regularly and tries to stop people. If it's inappropriate for me to post it, mods, please delete this post. ETA: Warning, some images are disturbing.

Aokigahara (青木ヶ原) - YouTube

All that said, I hope the 5K run for Leanne went well today and I hope they had some joyous moments celebrating her life.

Agree, and the video you linked here is much better, and reverent - I removed the one I had linked to, Thanks.

Agree, and the video you linked here is much better, and reverent - I removed the one I had linked to, Thanks.

No worries and I hope you didn't think I was saying YOU were irreverent.

At the end, Azusa points out that no one is really alone and we all need to take care of each other.

I wish we could devote whole threads like this to strangers BEFORE something sad happens, if that makes sense. There are people in despair out there who maybe wouldn't be if they could see how many lives they had the power to touch. I wish some of them didn't have to vanish before people started paying attention to them. :(

There should be some kind of an Oprah lottery. ("YOU get a forum thread devoted to you, and YOU get a forum thread devoted to you, and YOU!")

Are there any of the details yet concerning just how the money collected will be spent?
For instance, a Director of this organization? Will the director be paid a sum?

What happens to the $$

I recall when the mother of the little boy who died from playing on the chandelier, while his guardian hung herself (a suicide),also was raising money but you never hear about what they do with the cash

From the FB - Looks like 104 people went, on 3/9 for the run - and the T Shirts re $15.00 each. That's nice. I suppose everyone grieves differently.

I wonder what kind of foundation he has in mind for her as a memorial foundation?

It may be for scholarships In schools, I know people do this successfully. And she surely has a lot of friends who would give to that.

From the FB - Looks like 104 people went, on 3/9 for the run - and the T Shirts re $15.00 each. That's nice. I suppose everyone grieves differently.

I wonder what kind of foundation he has in mind for her as a memorial foundation?

It may be for scholarships In schools, I know people do this successfully. And she surely has a lot of friends who would give to that.

From the FB page and website linked above, I understood that the foundation has to do with suicide prevention. I imagine her friends would very supportive of that cause.

From the FB page and website linked above, I understood that the foundation has to do with suicide prevention. I imagine her friends would very supportive of that cause.

I'm sure that is true, she had many. But I'm very curious about how one would go about such a foundation. You'd need psychiatrists, and all manner of information from those who know how to deal with mental illnesses.

Oh well, maybe over time, we'll find out what he intends to do in real time. I'd love to offer hope and not have any young woman commit suicide thinking their lives are over in such a way or that they have nothing left to live for so young, as Leanne or my own daughter, but I haven't a clue how one would possibly go about it. Not a clue. Unless it was a huge foundation with medical expertise willing to help out, perhaps donate their time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill
Back