Found Deceased TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is so strange she wasn't found earlier considering all the arial searches in the area. I feel so sad for her husband and family. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise they weren't the ones to find her like that though.

So sorry to see this outcome. I've been following since the beginning and believed Leanne had left of her own accord. It's a lesson I've seen before - look up, not just down.

So very sorry and sending my heartfelt condolences to Leanne's family and friends. I truly believe some people just cannot live in this world.

I just popped in to FB to see if anything had been posted by the family today and saw the terrible news. My heart goes out to the family and friends of Leanne. I am so sorry for their loss.

In the photo with gurney, there are three people taking the gurney through a fenced area. Was the entire property fenced? Also, the Schoenthal Road area was searched. There's a photo of a team of searchers with dogs at those woods!

My deepest sympathies for all that knew and loved Leanne, and for all the posters here who have dedicated so much time, and thought into finding Leanne. Huge hugs to everyone!!!

622x350.jpg

622x350.jpg

622x350.jpg

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...und-in-Garden-Ridge-5232851.php#photo-5777604

What doesn't make sense to me is the stellar search team and high level resources completely missing this. Allowing that no one is perfect, it still perplexes me.

I don't know how stellar the search team was. I cannot judge the K-9 or cadaver dogs and their handlers that were used in the search for Leanne. I can say that I became a skeptic(regarding dogs and their search capabilities) when I read about Deputy Keith Pikett in the Texas Monthly a few years ago. He has nothing to do with this case, except reading about him makes me very suspicious regarding Texas LE and the use of dogs.(Actually, I am very skeptical about anything to do with LE here in Texas). I think that the dog is only as good as its owner. Not pertinent to this case, but here is the TM link:

http://www.texasmonthly.com/story/weird-science

Does anybody know if these were SAR dogs?

What doesn't make sense to me is the stellar search team and high level resources completely missing this. Allowing that no one is perfect, it still perplexes me.

Saw on another page that the neighbors said the family had searched there the day after she went missing so the other searchers did not look there.

http://www./1133246/san-antonio-suburb-mystery-ends-as-missing-leanne-bearden-found-dead/

http://www.chron.com/news/local/article/Leanne-Bearden-s-body-found-in-Garden-Ridge-5232851.php

In above Houston Chronicle same guy says he doesn't know if the area was searched again by other searchers.

I am so very sorry to hear this update. Rest in peace, Leanne.

I've followed this case only off and on and just read through most of the posts since the body was found.

Many posters have expressed shock that it could be suicide and other posters have said, well you just don't know, so I thought I'd put in my two cents from a first-hand point of view.

I have fought depression since probably age 10, but wasn't officially diagnosed until age 30, when I, as they say, went off the deep end and was as close to suicide as I ever have been and never hope to be again.

I recovered and now in a more normal frame of mind, I look back on that period and am appalled that I was that close to committing an act that would have--as I see now with the clarity of hindsight--caused so much suffering to people whose only wrongdoing had been to love me.

At the time though, all I could think about was how much I wanted to end my own suffering. And that somehow gave rise to the idea that if I explained very rationally in a note that it had nothing to do with those left behind, they wouldn't be devastated or even that sad for very long, just nodding their heads and thinking, "Oh, okay, I get it. I get why she had to kill herself, so I won't be upset by it."

Maybe Leanne had similar thoughts.

And maybe her situation did not enable the same kinds of intervention that I was fortunate enough to have that saved my life.

I echo what other posters have said: unless you have experienced it, it is difficult to understand how much depression messes with your head and completely distorts your thinking.

I'm sorry. I don't believe that she walked down the street was not tracked by the dogs there and just hung herself. Just because some one if found hanging does not mean they did it alone. I have never seen dogs that were trained fail like this. This is right around the corner. I'm sad that the police seem so eager to just except obvious things all along when they have already been wrong and gave up when she was right there? In an area already searched??? And yet there she is hanging all that time and no one no one sees, hears, notices anything???

I just don't believe that. I just can't.

I'm sorry. I want to see this investigated.

Forgive the autocorrect. Tapatalk has a mind of its own. :)

I wonder if she left a note.

I'm sure she would have.

My sympathies to her loved ones.

Whether the stellar (or not stellar) team searched that particular area or the family did multiple times, it still doesn't make sense to me that the body would not have been found sooner.

I realize that many searches were focused on areas south and east rather than north and/or west based on sightings and scent trails, and I realize that the SAR search "targeted" these other areas. I also realize that searchers, especially non-professional ones, may not have raised their eyes or looked in specific places with dense brush, but the idea that she could have been in someone's (albeit heavily wooded) "back yard" 3 blocks up from Sumac Ln for so long just doesn't make much sense unless you really think about it and suspend disbelief for a few moments.

I'm assuming that the approximate time of death can be established by an autopsy, but would only be precise enough to narrow to weeks rather than days (unless she is much more recently deceased than presumed). It is possible, but perhaps not probable, that Leanne was not yet deceased and/or not present off Fairview Circle when they performed the initial search of that area, not that it matters at this point unless there is some doubt as to whether suicide or foul play is the cause.

It is probably yet another example of bad reporting, but tonight's Herald Zeitung article contained a curiously written line: "Less than two weeks after she went missing, tips reportedly came in placing Bearden alive and well, walking around the Farm-to-Market Road 3009 area"... which almost implies that Leanne was seen on multiple days after her disappearance, strolling around the GR area.
http://herald-zeitung.com/news/community_alert/article_88c9ad50-951c-11e3-860d-0019bb2963f4.html

I find that prospect unlikely, and being "alive and well, walking around (Garden Ridge)" is likely simply a clumsily worded reference to the 2-3 sightings along 3009 the day she went missing. Assuming the sightings were not discounted and some reports of the scent following her towards I-35 on 3009, it is possible that she did indeed walk in that direction that day, either in a (failed) attempt to leave town or to obtain supplies to carry out whatever her original plans may have been (suicide or otherwise).

But somehow she ended up back on Fairview Circle; when and how is still a good question.

So, so sad to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers are with all involved.

Count me in as another person who thinks foul play shouldn't be ruled out. Another poster said Leanne always carried a jump rope around with her all throughout her trip. Maybe she took it along on her walk as another exercise/head-clearing method. If she met foul play, the perp could've searched through her bag and found the rope (or saw her using it) and thought of staging a hanging. It's a stretch, I know, but I'm just throwing out possible scenarios. All my own opinion, of course.

I just hope the family gets peace/justice either way. :please:

I'm sorry. I don't believe that she walked down the street was not tracked by the dogs there and just hung herself. Just because some one if found hanging does not mean they did it alone. I have never seen dogs that were trained fail like this. This is right around the corner. I'm sad that the police seem so eager to just except obvious things all along when they have already been wrong and gave up when she was right there? In an area already searched??? And yet there she is hanging all that time and no one no one sees, hears, notices anything???

I just don't believe that. I just can't.

I'm sorry. I want to see this investigated.

ETA: BBM

I'm not ready to accept that she committed suicide either, Scarlet. I realize that horrible depression can be hidden and can take over a rational mind. If there is a careful autopsy and thorough investigation that reaches the suicide conclusion, I will accept it.

Although murder by hanging is very rare, it does happen. (I hope no one ever checks my Google searches!) I don't want to think that Leanne experienced that horror, but I don't want anyone to get away with murder either. Rebecca Zahau's case is still being discussed on WS. Her "suicide" and the "investigation" defy logic IMO. Leanne deserves better. MOO

In the photo with gurney, there are three people taking the gurney through a fenced area. Was the entire property fenced? Also, the Schoenthal Road area was searched. There's a photo of a team of searchers with dogs at those woods!

My deepest sympathies for all that knew and loved Leanne, and for all the posters here who have dedicated so much time, and thought into finding Leanne. Huge hugs to everyone!!!

622x350.jpg

622x350.jpg

622x350.jpg

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...und-in-Garden-Ridge-5232851.php#photo-5777604
BBM: was that a picture from a previous article somewhere that said it was that particular piece of property? If so, then I'm going back to my thought that she wasn't there the first time they looked.

I can only see fencing on the side with the pool, but the brush cover is very heavy. That yard is all kinds of scary, with that extra house/barn/garage/whatever. There appears to be a lot behind the property that has no owner, per zillow. A place where anyone could walk in and not be on someone's property. Makes you wonder who might have known that.
http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Garden-Ridge-TX/26558007_zpid/55735_rid/days_sort/29.64284,-98.308588,29.640491,-98.312584_rect/17_zm/1_fr/

ETA: BBM

I'm not ready to accept that she committed suicide either, Scarlet. I realize that horrible depression can be hidden and can take over a rational mind. If there is a careful autopsy and thorough investigation that reaches the suicide conclusion, I will accept it.

Although murder by hanging is very rare, it does happen. (I hope no one ever checks my Google searches!) I don't want to think that Leanne experienced that horror, but I don't want anyone to get away with murder either. Rebecca Zahau's case is still being discussed on WS. Her "suicide" and the "investigation" defy logic IMO. Leanne deserves better. MOO

Very much what I was thinking.

BBM: was that a picture from a previous article somewhere that said it was that particular piece of property? If so, then I'm going back to my thought that she wasn't there the first time they looked.

I can only see fencing on the side with the pool, but the brush cover is very heavy. That yard is all kinds of scary, with that extra house/barn/garage/whatever. There appears to be a lot behind the property that has no owner, per zillow. A place where anyone could walk in and not be on someone's property. Makes you wonder who might have known that.
http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Garden-Ridge-TX/26558007_zpid/55735_rid/days_sort/29.64284,-98.308588,29.640491,-98.312584_rect/17_zm/1_fr/

BBM

I noticed that vacant lot earlier. It would be possible to enter that lot without being seen from the houses on either side IMO, and then walk into the wooded brushy area where Leanne was found. But I have trouble understanding how she could have known about that property. It just doesn't seem like a place she could randomly choose for suicide. I have to wonder if her body was planted there later. I hope the autopsy and investigation are done with an open mind.

Thanks for the pictures and information. I checked out Schoenthal Road Google Street View. I think the empty lot which shares the border with "21643 Fairview Circle is fenced".

She might have entered by cutting through the 8954 Schoenthal Rd property. As far as I could tell that would be the only entry onto the 21643 Fairview property without climbing a fence (from Schoenthal). I can't tell about fences if entering from a Fairview property.

The bottom line is she would of had to trespass to gain access to the property and most likely would have had to climb one or more fences. I can't make sense of that.

We know she had plans for an interview. I would think it unlikely to start a journey through private property if you are on a stroll prior to a scheduled interview. Would she schedule an interview if she knew she wasn't going to participate.

I have read many pages, but apparently not enough of the because I don't know how/why/where the suicide by hanging is reported. Has it been ruled a suicide or is that rumor/speculation? TIA

622x350.jpg

622x350.jpg

622x350.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BOTTERB
Back