Found Safe TX - LG, 14, & LGM, 7, Round Rock, 30 Dec 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

From your link:

The girls were recovered unharmed in a car with Miles near La Veta, Colo., on Jan. 3. Miles is a person of interest in the death of their mother, 44-year-old Tonya Bates, police have said. Miles, who was Bates’ roommate, was indicted on two counts of kidnapping and faces 20 years to life in prison if convicted
Officers found her body inside her house Dec. 31. She had suffered from blunt force trauma, the release said. She was the only person inside the house and her car — a 2017 Hyundai Accent — was missing, police said.

So he was indicted by a Federal Grand Jury on kidnapping charges, which could land him in prison for 20 years to life. If I remember correctly he is still only considered a POI in Tonya's murder. Now LE has time to get their ducks in a row for murder charges.

From February 15, 2018

Terry Miles, 44, pleaded not guilty Tuesday and waived his appearance at an arraignment scheduled Thursday in federal district court, according to court documents.

Their mother, Tonya Bates, 44, was found slain Dec. 31 in their home. Miles was Bates’ roommate and is considered a person of interest in her death, police have said.

http://www.statesman.com/news/local...ping-round-rock-girls/wMAawRPHlMuwTObGZBr9aI/

From February 14, 2018

The will of Tonya Bates, filed with the Williamson county clerk on Monday, names Josef Scheffler as her husband and the legal guardian of 7-year-old Luliviolette Bandera-Megret.

Scheffler filed a petition in January seeking custody of Bandera-Megret. He later sought and was denied visitation by agreement with the girl at a court hearing that same month. The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services also filed a motion in January seeking to exclude him from the custody case.

The next hearing in the custody case is scheduled for March 1.

More at link!

http://www.statesman.com/news/local...for-one-her-daughters/kk5v9QChNfxL4mJNYC5CDN/

From February 14, 2018

The will of Tonya Bates, filed with the Williamson county clerk on Monday, names Josef Scheffler as her husband and the legal guardian of 7-year-old Luliviolette Bandera-Megret.

Scheffler filed a petition in January seeking custody of Bandera-Megret. He later sought and was denied visitation by agreement with the girl at a court hearing that same month. The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services also filed a motion in January seeking to exclude him from the custody case.

The next hearing in the custody case is scheduled for March 1.

More at link!

http://www.statesman.com/news/local...for-one-her-daughters/kk5v9QChNfxL4mJNYC5CDN/

Breaks my heart to hear that both girls have said that they do not want to be with JS and with good reason too.

Breaks my heart to hear that both girls have said that they do not want to be with JS and with good reason too.

There was literally not one male figure in their lives that was a decent human being, was there?

Really hoping that they come through with a murder charge for TM sometime soon. This case was close to home and I followed it relentlessly in the early days. I truly hope those poor girls go to family who wants and will give them the care they deserve. Sounds like JS was really no better than any of the other men or “father figures” in their little lives. Poor things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, I really want the girls to stay together. And an Aunt and Uncle sound much better than any of the so called 'father figures' that mucked around in their lives previously.

I have a lot of faith that these girls will grow up strong and healthy and will rely upon each other to pull through. :candle:

Gah. This case hits hard. I used to live a few houses down from them, and I am currently living about 8 minutes from where mom was killed. Her girls go to the same school that my kids went to last year.

I also have friends that were very close with her and the girls, and this case was just... ugh. I can't get over how bad I feel for them. They have been through SO much in their short lives, and I hate that this is continuing on and on. I wish they could just be with family and be situated into a new life now.

And Terry... gah. Lock him up and throw away the key already.

Another article from February 14. Has some different details regarding Tanya's will.

The will says, “I ask the courts to allow Josef Gabriel Scheffler legal guardianship of [the 8-year-old]*as he has helped me to raise and care for her since she was two months of age.”

Bates continued by saying the daughter’s biological father “refused to recognize her as*his daughter on her birth certificate.

Sad. [emoji20]

More at link:
http://kxan.com/2018/02/14/stepfather-of-rescued-round-rock-girl-fighting-for-custody/

Sounds like JS has anger management issues, but kudos to him for caring enough to get actively involved.

From your link:

If a home study of the relatives in Arkansas is completed and approved by then, the girls will be allowed to stay with them, said Lisa Block, a spokeswoman for the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services. The next hearing on the sisters’ status is set for June 21.

Both of the attorneys for the girls said during Thursday’s hearing that the sisters had told them they wanted to stay with their relatives in Arkansas and did not want to speak with Scheffler.

Hm. So what IF (still crazy) TAM was telling the truth and it was her ex, JS??? They still haven’t charged him with anything but kidnapping......

Hm. So what IF (still crazy) TAM was telling the truth and it was her ex, JS??? They still haven’t charged him with anything but kidnapping......

That’s probably what’s tying up things for LE. They need to have enough evidence that he did it in order to charge him with murder. But for me, if he didn’t do it, why not call 911 when he found her? or just drop the girls off at the police station if he doesn’t want to go to the police himself? Rather than compounding the issue by kidnapping the girls? Sure doesn’t seem like rational actions of an innocent man. JMO

idk if I would even say hes actively involved. maybe this is his way of having control over the mom even in death.

Sounds like JS has anger management issues, but kudos to him for caring enough to get actively involved.

From your link:

If a home study of the relatives in Arkansas is completed and approved by then, the girls will be allowed to stay with them, said Lisa Block, a spokeswoman for the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services. The next hearing on the sisters’ status is set for June 21.

Both of the attorneys for the girls said during Thursday’s hearing that the sisters had told them they wanted to stay with their relatives in Arkansas and did not want to speak with Scheffler.

That’s probably what’s tying up things for LE. They need to have enough evidence that he did it in order to charge him with murder. But for me, if he didn’t do it, why not call 911 when he found her? or just drop the girls off at the police station if he doesn’t want to go to the police himself? Rather than compounding the issue by kidnapping the girls? Sure doesn’t seem like rational actions of an innocent man. JMO

There’s just something about this case that has always bothered me.
Possibly the reason he hasn’t been charged with her murder.

https://www.mystatesman.com/news/lo...y-case-kidnapped-girl/iihu3KHLm4hAl15sS24DMP/
[h=1]Judge denies stepfather’s petition in custody case of kidnapped girl[/h]"A Travis County court in March dismissed an Oct. 4 terroristic threat/family violence charge against Scheffler, his lawyers said in a brief submitted March 12. The charge resulted in Scheffler’s arrest and the protective order against him.
Scheffler had told Bates on Oct. 4 while holding a shotgun in their Austin apartment that he would kill her and whoever her new boyfriend was, according to an arrest affidavit."
WOW

Welp. That’s enough to introduce reasonable doubt to a jury. The fact he still hasn’t been charged has me rethinking everything. He certainly acted very guilty. What’s going on here. ::thinking::

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eveirs
Back