Found Safe TX - Lili Griffith, 14, & Lulu Bandera-Magret, 7, Round Rock, 30 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like TM graduated from Apple Valley High School, which is in SB county near the area his son is in. TM probably knows the area very well. It's a lot of flatland with lots of area to do off roading, etc. Summers are hot, winters are cold. It's the high desert. I wonder if he's heading that way. I'm sure his family has been made aware and warned.

Traveling with a teenage girl, she is going to need to go into a Walmart or walgreens for "girl" items

Since they were over the last two weeks I think it’s safe to say that they weren’t related to the welfare check, as he had only been gone two days before her body was discovered. She was still alive during those calls, I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which makes it even more baffling why they didn't press more about the welfare check. At first, I assumed that it was because her boyfriend reported it. But now it's clear that her coworkers did as well. Add up two separate reports requesting welfare checks along with at least one domestic disturbance call within a week or two, and I wonder why LE wasn't more concerned.

Does anyone know what the protocol is for welfare checks?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

He got 2 years in San Bernadino County in 2002 inflict corporal injury on spouse/ cohabitant but got off on an associated rape charge.

http://www.sb-court.org/Divisions/Civil/CaseInformationOnline.aspx
Go to linked page bottom and click on Accept criminal/traffic...

Note: Calcasieu Parsh, La. criminal records are a pay subscrption site. Pass.

Wow he had a serious history. This coupled with the 2011 charges, and you would have to imagine there is far more that was never reported. Goodness. This is a bad bad man.

Looks like TM graduated from Apple Valley High School, which is in SB county near the area his son is in. TM probably knows the area very well. It's a lot of flatland with lots of area to do off roading, etc. Summers are hot, winters are cold. It's the high desert. I wonder if he's heading that way. I'm sure his family has been mad aware and warned.

I thought LE said he was headed to Colorado? Unless he is innocent I don't think he would head to Cali to visit family, surely he would realize that'd be the first place LE would be looking for him and if his relationship with his family is as bad as some here speculate based on FB then he would most assuredly realize that they would be the first ones to turn him in.

Two things that surprise me are: first, that they haven't been found yet and second, the level of participation here on WS. When Mariah Woods was missing there were multiple pages over the course of a few days, it's been 3 days and we haven't even broken 200 posts in this first thread.

I'm very familiar with the general area his son lives in. Lots of crime, lots of meth-heads in certain areas. Not implying anything about him or his family re drugs, just commenting because I think it's an easy area to get lost in, look kinda rough, etc.

Oh my gosh. Hesperia? It's a meth capital. Just a horrible place.

I don't go by sightings as proof anymore. Not only did I learn that from here and other places that information like this can be wrong, but it can also be very misleading as well. Please know that I am not attacking you or your post- but I can't tell you how many cases where I've read "they were spotted at a gas station in Tinker's Cove, ME" only to find out once the case was solved, that this wasn't the case or folks simply called in similar cars with a man and two kids in it, thinking it was them.

The reason why I asked if there was absolute proof that he took them is because for all that we know, whoever did this to the mother might have killed him as well and took the kids. That's why I was asking if somebody- a neighbor, for instance, actually saw them get in the car with him before they took off, or if there is a video of them doing so.

I'm just skeptical due to other cases where well meaning folks reported seeing something similar and later on, it turned into a false lead. Thanks for your reply, though- much appreciated.

Whoever did this to the mother is improbably anyone other than the violent, criminal psycho who LE stated took the kids.

He couldn't see his own children!!!

From the court site

HEARING RE: REVIEW FCS REPORT CC CV
10/18/2006 - 8:30 AM DEPT. V11

SOLE PHYSICAL AND LEGAL CUSTODY OF THE MINOR CHILD/CHILDREN SHALL BE AWARDED TO SHERRY RAMSEY.
THE NON-CUSTODIAL PARENT SHALL HAVE PHYSICAL CUSTODY AS FOLLOWS:
THE COURT ORDERS THAT THE RESPONDANT FATHER SHALL HAVE NO VISITATION WITH THE MINOR CHILD/CHILDREN.

ACTION - COMPLETE
=== MINUTE ORDER END ===

Also he was last served by personal service in 2007. So, at most, he's only been out of the San Bernardino County area for 10 years. Do we know when he moved to Louisiana?
Also, thru the DVRO he was drug tested per court order. Note also the restraining order has no expiration date.
http://openaccess.sb-court.org/Open...number=VS036289&courtcode=X&casetype=VFL&dsn=

I love San Bernardino. They give so much info easily on their website.

From a family law perspective, no visitation and an unending restraining order is incredibly rare and shows how serious the case must have been.

There was a case where a male babysitter was accused of abducting two children.
He was pegged as a child molester immediately because he was babysitting.
Oh he was vilified like you would not believe. Was a suspect.
Someone else had taken all 3 and murdered them all and stolen the car.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...e-Hull-3-June-2012&highlight=jack+mac+girdner

NOT defending him just pointing it out.

To my knowledge Mr. Girdner, a churchgoing man with no criminal record, was never named a suspect and the day after the disappearance LE was stating it was unlikely they left the city.

In this case, the man has a serious domestic violence and criminal record. He has been named a suspect in the kidnapping and a POI in their mom's death.

Looks like TM graduated from Apple Valley High School, which is in SB county near the area his son is in. TM probably knows the area very well. It's a lot of flatland with lots of area to do off roading, etc. Summers are hot, winters are cold. It's the high desert. I wonder if he's heading that way. I'm sure his family has been mad aware and warned.

His ex in California commented on a public post regarding the Amber Alert hoping the kids were OK, so it seems she's aware of the situation.

Wow he had a serious history. This coupled with the 2011 charges, and you would have to imagine there is far more that was never reported. Goodness. This is a bad bad man.

Ridiculous IMO that he was even free to do these things. 2 year sentence for a rape/abuse situation, somewhere between 0-6 years for attempted murder. Sure seems like the system failed here.

I don't think its "let" as in allow, but let as in if I told my bf I was moving in the another man he would end the relationship. Especially if the other man had a history of abuse, was a complete stranger and I had 2 young daughters. I'm pretty sure I would get told I can do what I want, but he would be no part of it. If the man was a friend or relative and had no violent past, and no children were in the picture I could see a bf being trusting, but all factors together just seems unusual.

Or, he could of said he was gay and therefore no worries. This is not unheard of.

Which makes it even more baffling why they didn't press more about the welfare check. At first, I assumed that it was because her boyfriend reported it. But now it's clear that her coworkers did as well. Add up two separate reports requesting welfare checks along with at least one domestic disturbance call within a week or two, and I wonder why LE wasn't more concerned.

Does anyone know what the protocol is for welfare checks?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Agreed, I think the ball was dropped ESPECIALLY because, unless MSM is getting it wrong, the girls were last seen in Round Rock on 12/31, even though I would bet my lunch money based on those welfare checks that Mom was deceased on the 30th if not sooner. This means they could have very well gotten ahead of this thing, maybe even found them before he left town.

With that being said and if it’s true, why did he hang around? Why wait until the 31st to abduct them? If I had committed a murder I wouldn’t be waiting about.

Confused.

WHY was he living with the victims?

She had a well paying job. She had been in nursing school, but looks like she flunked out. There's a crowd sourcing for money link that she started wanting money to hire an attorney to try to get her back into nursing school. She had a boyfriend who is not the same man they are looking for. If she needed money, why take a trip to NY? Doesn't add up.

Was this perp suppose to have moved out why she was in NY? She comes home, he's still there? How long had she known him? Was he related to her? I can see if you're helping family and letting them move in. With this man's history though, even if family, he ain't moving in with me.

Where's the father to the kids?

Not related really, but I was looking at each girl's name, WOW, imagine having to learn how to spell all that when you're in kindergarten!

The address is a duplex. Maybe he lived on one side and they are using the word "roommate" loosely. Just a thought.

Ridiculous IMO that he was even free to do these things. 2 year sentence for a rape/abuse situation, somewhere between 0-6 years for attempted murder. Sure seems like the system failed here.

Agree wholeheartedly. The system seriously failed here. This man seems to not have been punished in any real way. And this is the ultimate outcome. So so sad. Please let these sweet girls be okay.

I figured out who the father is of Lili. I don't think I am allowed to post anything about him, so PM me if you want to know.

I thought LE said he was headed to Colorado? Unless he is innocent I don't think he would head to Cali to visit family, surely he would realize that'd be the first place LE would be looking for him and if his relationship with his family is as bad as some here speculate based on FB then he would most assuredly realize that they would be the first ones to turn him in.

Two things that surprise me are: first, that they haven't been found yet and second, the level of participation here on WS. When Mariah Woods was missing there were multiple pages over the course of a few days, it's been 3 days and we haven't even broken 200 posts in this first thread.
I think they thought he might be headed to CO and possibly changed course. Also, his FB page talks about how much he loves his son and grandchildren, so I'm not sure of the actual relationship between them at this time. I had originally thought they were estranged tho. Also, one of my main points was that he is from the area his son resides in and he might go somewhere very familiar to him. He might know of areas that he would think would be good for hiding out. And, I have no idea if his family would turn him in or help him hide. He might not even contact them. But I agree LE would be looking for him there, one would think. But, there is a lot of open area out there, and last I was out there, lots of sheds, vacant buildings, homes, etc. One other thing I should note. It's only a couple of hours to LAs Vegas from there. Very easy drive. It's super easy to blend in Las Vegas as there's so many people coming and going at all times.
I agree with you that the level of participation seems small on here. I wonder why. Maybe just people's business during the holidays?

Were the girls with Mom during the recent NYC trip? I didn't see any pix of the girls there in NYC--but maybe I missed them or maybe she didn't take any?

I am just wondering because when I was looking at all of the pix of that trip, I wondered if the girls may have been back at home with their new roommate?

Yep, it's kinda confusing. From the current known timeline, more at the link:

Saturday, Dec. 30, 2017 10:36 a.m.: Officers went to 2321 Leslie Court for a welfare check that was called in by Bates’ coworker. They didn’t find anything suspicious at the time and left.

Saturday, Dec. 30, 2017 8:30 p.m.: Bates’ boyfriend called the Round Rock Police Department worried because Bates’ wasn’t responding and neither were her two daughters. Officers went back to the home and once again didn’t find anything of suspicious nature. RRPD said there wasn’t a vehicle at the house and no one opened the door to the home.

Sunday, Dec. 31, 2017 noon: Last time the girls were seen in Round Rock.

http://kxan.com/2018/01/02/timeline-of-round-rock-girls-disappearance-and-their-mothers-death/

This article states Miles was only a roommate:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...girls-after-mother-s-suspicious-death-n834051

From Tonya's FB it appears that she also had ties to Louisiana so maybe she knew Miles there? The house she lived in is a duplex and initially I thought maybe Miles rented the other half but that's not the case - LE clearly calls him her roommate. So what's the connection? And this:

https://kxan.com/2018/01/01/neighbor-spoke-with-suspect-in-round-rock-abduction/

So there was a police call for a domestic dispute earlier. It does sound like Tonya was trying to get Miles to vacate the house - or maybe the other way around? In an article posted last night someone - maybe the neighbor - said Tonya moved into the house in August and the wording sounded like she moved in with Miles. I'm looking for that link so I can't confirm right now. Maybe someone recalls it too?

ETA: I found one reference. It looks like Tonya, the girls and Miles all moved in together.

KVUE spoke with next-door neighbors who said the girls, their mother and the man moved in about two months ago.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/amber-alert-issued-for-2-round-rock-children/503887389

The wellness checks conducted by LE are a bit confusing to me. I'm curious if the officers ever spoke to her at all. They reported that they saw nothing suspicious. Following the second wellness check, LE once again reported that they saw nothing suspicious but added that the car was not there and no one came to the door. I'm not sure how they could decide that nothing was suspicious if they never even spoke to anyone in the home.

http://kxan.com/2018/01/02/timeline-of-round-rock-girls-disappearance-and-their-mothers-death/
Saturday, Dec. 30, 2017, at 8:30 p.m.: Bates’ boyfriend called the Round Rock Police Department worried because Bates’ wasn’t responding and neither were her two daughters. Officers went back to the home and once again didn’t find anything of suspicious nature. RRPD said there wasn’t a vehicle at the house and no one opened the door to the home.

Were the girls with Mom during the recent NYC trip? I didn't see any pix of the girls there in NYC--but maybe I missed them or maybe she didn't take any?

I am just wondering because when I was looking at all of the pix of that trip, I wondered if the girls may have been back at home with their new roommate?
I was wondering the same thing I didn't see any pics of the girls either, on her post she says "I've made it to NYC," not we've made it which kind of leads me to believe that she was alone? Another thing I was wondering was on her FB post she says Lili is now home schooled did Tonya stay at home or did she work? Who stayed with Lili during the day?

if you follow the facebook trail from his “ex wife” that he links to (who it appears was really not his wife), you can find where she tells someone in october 2011 that her old man had tried to kill her and is in jail now. i believe the 2011 second degree murder attempt was against her. she apparently died in 2012 but i have not seen how.

if you follow the facebook trail from his “ex wife” that he links to (who it appears was really not his wife), you can find where she tells someone in october 2011 that her old man had tried to kill her and is in jail now. i believe the 2011 second degree murder attempt was against her. she apparently died in 2012 but i have not seen how.

Can you say the woman's name or is that not allowed? If I know her name I MIGHT be able to find out how she died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro