Found Safe TX - Lili Griffith, 14, & Lulu Bandera-Magret, 7, Round Rock, 30 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at Tonya's FB and her NYC photos. I'm from NYC and I work in Midtown across from Grand Central Station. She looked very familiar to me. I couldn't figure out why. Being from NYC and working in such a high volume tourist area I see and walk by 100s of people every day that if I walked by again I wouldn't remember them. But for some reason her very white, short hair stood out to me. Then I saw a photo she took of Grand Central standing on Park Ave in front of my Starbucks I go to every morning. I can only think that I remember seeing her there. I love watching people take photos there because they seem happy at what they are seeing. This is my city that they want photos of. I was born and raised here. Living here I take a lot for granted. To me it's a place I live and work. I'm so happy that Tonya was able to experience what I get to every day of my life.

I hope the girls are found soon and safely.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I hope that these beautiful girls are found soon. I can't sleep because all these senarios that keep running through my head and none of them are good.

If the mom recently went on a trip, she was possibly was counting on money from him for rent. He probably had no family, no money and no car....

Well the story tells itself from here.

Very scary!! It is easier to be traveling alone,than with two young girls who don’t want to be with you!

My god, what a case. I am just getting caught up after a busy Christmas/New Year and getting the flu! But hell, not a case you want to see over what should be the most magical time for these girls.

So glad to see everyone here, Margz, vmmking, LaborDay etc. I pray we don't need this thread for much longer and these girls are home soon.

These girls absolutely ARE in danger. I can’t for a second think why an unrelated man would kill a woman then abduct her two young daughters for innocent reasons. It’s not possible. Hell, kids are in danger if they are taken by their own parents these days. Even if these girls are returned unharmed, this mans INTENTIONS are not good. There is no other way around it.

Where is Tonya’s other daughter? Is she older? Independent? Living with her dad etc? … I imagine LE would have mentioned her by now had she not been accounted for.

Lord, I just saw Tonya's most recent post on her FB was that she was thinking of Seattle following the Amtrak devastation. :( Now we are praying for you & your girls, Tonya.

I am really worried that the little girls might have witnessed the murder and that is the reason he took them :(

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too. Either they witnessed it, or knew he did it, so he took them. I'm wrong about cases on here a lot, though, so there's that. I'd like to think that if he wanted to harm them, he would've done so instead of abducting them, but we've seen that not be the case many times.

Best case scenario in my mind: He was asked to leave, got in a fight with Tonya, and intentionally or accidentally killed her. Then, not wanting to spend his life in prison, he took the girls so he could avoid arrest. Maybe he took them to hide out somewhere for awhile until he can leave them somewhere and go on his own, or kill himself when/if he gets cornered.

Also, just from viewing her FB, Tonya seemed to be a pretty progressive, open minded person. I'm not sure what some would call it, so I'll put it this way: if she lived where I do, she'd likely be considered odd, but she fits in just fine in Austin. Being that way myself, those types are often more open to someone that may seem a little off, like this guy. It's totally possible that he didn't seem like a creep in person, maybe just a bit different. I don't think she'd let him move in with her daughters if she thought he was the dirtbag he actually is. I was under the impression that they weren't roomates for very long, so maybe once she realized he was actually a creep and/or found about his past, she wanted him out. She strikes me as the type that would make her feelings known and not back down at all.

I'm starting to think that he wasn't interested in the Mom at all but the 14 year old.
How many cases have we followed where a girl that age "thinks" they are in love with an older man?
How in the heck would he take off in a car with a 14 year old and not have her put up a fight? Either he has her restrained or she left willingly.
We have no idea how those girls thought of their mom.
The 7 year old might not have a clue her mom is dead, the 14 year old for that matter also.
I think LE has a pretty good clue as to what was going on.
IMO

Those wondering about the 3rd daughter: One of Tonya's friends that has been sharing the Amber Alert on Facebook stated the 3rd daughter was dead

So, he is not related to these girls and he killed their mother and took them? I can only see one reason for him to do that and it is not pleasant. I do always find the term 'room mate' a bit confusing. To me that means that they were sharing a room. We use the term housemate or lodger or boarder or flatmate.

I agree. Horrifying. Let's hope it's not too late.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/mis...s-7-14-may-abducted-man-last-heard-round-rock

I saw on his FB that he bought a used Saturn on September 26, 2017. He said it would make a cute little car for someone so I don't know if he bought it for himself or someone else. If it's his then who owns the Hyundai Accent, him or the woman he killed?[/QUOTE]

It is Tonya's car. She left a review for the Hyundai dealership specifically mentioning her Hyundai Accent

I'm starting to think that he wasn't interested in the Mom at all but the 14 year old.
How many cases have we followed where a girl that age "thinks" they are in love with an older man?
How in the heck would he take off in a car with a 14 year old and not have her put up a fight? Either he has her restrained or she left willingly.
We have no idea how those girls thought of their mom.
The 7 year old might not have a clue her mom is dead, the 14 year old for that matter also.
I think LE has a pretty good clue as to what was going on.
IMO

I think it's a far stretch to assign any blame to the children. Because they are off together does not indicate the older child wanted to or planned to or is willing to. If they knew he had killed mom, they'd do anything he said. If they did not know but he's been a roomie there, they probably trust him enough to go with him for a ' trip'.

Those wondering about the 3rd daughter: One of Tonya's friends that has been sharing the Amber Alert on Facebook stated the 3rd daughter was dead
As in killed at the same time as the mother or as in the daughter passed away prior to this situation due to an illness or something else unrelated?

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

I think it's a far stretch to assign any blame to the children. Because they are off together does not indicate the older child wanted to or planned to or is willing to. If they knew he had killed mom, they'd do anything he said. If they did not know but he's been a roomie there, they probably trust him enough to go with him for a ' trip'.

Trust me, I was not assigning any blame what so ever on the children.

My heart is so so sad after looking at Tonya’s FB. She seemed to be a great mama, who took her girls on trips and to various cultural exhibits/shows and loved them dearly. I’m not sure why the MSM chose the photos they did of Lulu but all other photos of her she is smiling, happy (and not wearing makeup - just a normal little girl).

Something about this bothers me more than normal and maybe it’s because of how close I feel to all of it. Tonya took Lili to the same tattoo shop I go to to get her nose pierced. They attended ACL (as did I), and she works at St David’s (the hospital I go to). But I think what it is is that she seemed like a good, hardworking mom, who loved her girls, cooking, and life in general. She is so “human”...I don’t know how to explain it.

Something went very wrong here - something she would never in a million years have considered. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait what? As in killed, in this situation? Not trying to go off of non-MSM info, but want to clarify that statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My hunch is that the mom took him in as a roommate to help pay the rent , and either he didn't contribute -- or he freaked her out.
(Not hard to believe given what's happened now !)
So she tried to evict him. A dangerous action , even for a man to take.
I remember a horrible case about a landlord who was murdered when he tried to evict some tenants who were way behind in rent.

Not blaming the mom for having him as a roommate. His FB is weird but he may have been cunning enough to put up a false front -- like he was a "capable, helpful person".
Ughhh.
:moo:

From the above link:
Police initially said they believe he may be headed to Louisiana. On Monday, police said the last sighting of the group was in northern New Mexico and possibly southern Colorado.

If you have any information regarding their whereabouts, call Round Rock police at 512-218-5516.

KVUE spoke with next-door neighbors who said the girls, their mother and the man moved in about two months ago.
James Reid lives next door in the duplex and said police were called out to the neighbor's home twice in about the last two weeks.

He had not seen the family since Thursday.
"They mostly weren't home," said Reid. "I mean, most of the time they were gone. They owned only one car so if that car was gone, there wasn't nobody there."

BBM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member