TX - Lizbeth Medina, 16, high school cheerleader, found dead in bedroom, murder suspect arrested - Edna, 5 Dec 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is it possible that the girl knew him?
They were both Hispanic.
Maybe Mum never saw him.
But the girl was groomed by him.

It seems that he was seen by somebody earlier there - the description of tattoo.

JMO

Last edited:
I wonder if there will be a presser at any point with more info.

I’m curious if her closest friends recognize him. If Lizbeth did know the killer, it’s possible she didn’t tell her mom about him but did confide in her close friends. It’s also possible she didn’t tell them either.

However, at this point, I feel that while this may likely be targeted, Lizbeth didn’t know him. I think he may have “known” her or zeroed in on her and stalked her.

I’d be interested to know a list of contractors who have been hired to work at the apartments recently. Not even necessarily a maintenance person (though could be), but any grounds crews cutting grass and doing landscaping? Or even someone working for a local mechanic who may have come out to jump a resident’s car or fix a flat tire? And in the process of doing whatever he was doing there, he saw Lizbeth and got obsessed with her. MOO but just a possible encounter point I’m thinking about.

EDNA, Texas – A man was arrested and charged with the capital murder of an Edna, Texas teenage cheerleader, the Edna Police Department announced on Sunday.

Rafael Govea Romero was arrested on Saturday in the death of 16-year-old Lizbeth Medina.

Police said they were able to find the man with the help of the community. He was located in Schulenberg, Texas, which is southeast of Austin.

Officers and Texas Rangers went to the location and took the man into custody. He was booked into the Jackson County Jail.

Updated: December 10, 2023 at 10:17 AM

Two short MSM videos recently posted on YT - prior to the arrest.

Lizbeth Medina's murder leaves police wondering who's responsible​

In the wake of the tragic murder of Lizbeth Medina, Edna Police are actively seeking a person of interest linked to the case.

Person of interest wanted in connection with death of Texas cheerleader​

Lizbeth Medina, a student at Edna High School, was found dead by her mother, Jacqueline Medina, in a bathtub inside their apartment.

They were both Hispanic.
Maybe Mum never saw him.
But the girl was groomed by him.

It seems that he was seen by somebody earlier there - the description of tattoo.

JMO
Texas has a high Hispanic population in general. Some areas are more heavily Hispanic than others, but just looking at overall population over 40% is Hispanic. Where I live (not the area Lizbeth was killed) over 85 percent of the population speaks Spanish and if you don't speak Spanish, good luck getting a job.

I think him being Hispanic and her being Hispanic is not as big a deal as it might be in other locations. I think if this was an area that had a small percentage of Hispanic people then it would be more likely maybe they knew each other, but in Texas I am not so sure it means much.

EDNA, Texas – A man was arrested and charged with the capital murder of an Edna, Texas teenage cheerleader, the Edna Police Department announced on Sunday.

Rafael Govea Romero was arrested on Saturday in the death of 16-year-old Lizbeth Medina.

Police said they were able to find the man with the help of the community. He was located in Schulenberg, Texas, which is southeast of Austin.

Officers and Texas Rangers went to the location and took the man into custody. He was booked into the Jackson County Jail.

Updated: December 10, 2023 at 10:17 AM
Thank you, Jesus! Not going to say my full thoughts, but LOCK HIM UP AND THROW AWAY THE KEY!!!!! LET HIM ROT IN HELL!

Keeping her poor mother in my thoughts so much right now.

Two short MSM videos recently posted on YT - prior to the arrest.

Lizbeth Medina's murder leaves police wondering who's responsible​

In the wake of the tragic murder of Lizbeth Medina, Edna Police are actively seeking a person of interest linked to the case.

Person of interest wanted in connection with death of Texas cheerleader​

Lizbeth Medina, a student at Edna High School, was found dead by her mother, Jacqueline Medina, in a bathtub inside their apartment.
Thanks.
From this video it looks like anybody can enter the building.
That is what I noticed, although there were big closed captions
(which I couldn't get rid of) obscuring the view Aargh :mad:

They were both Hispanic.
Clearly possible.

But.... despite the popularity of the term "community" when describing various groups of people. Hispanics are no more and no less likely to heavily socialize with other Hispanics than say, whites are amongs themselves.

Likewise, depending on time of immigration (can range from say, last month to centuries ago), there can be big cultural and language differences between the perpetrator and the family.

As a side note, my children's school is 90%(+) Hispanic. One time a Hispanic parent was mildly surprised when I told him that I had never truly met, nor socialized, with the parents of another white student on the baseball team. I had a chuckle inside. I guess he thought that as a minority group (whites are in that area), we must automatically be part of some white "community".

Last edited:
Clearly possible.

But.... despite the popularity of the term "community" when describing various groups of people. Hispanics are no more and no less likely to heavily socialize with other Hispanics than say, whites.

Likewise, depending on time of immigration (can range from say, last month to centuries ago), there can be big cultural and language differences between the perpetrator and the family.

As a side note, my children's school is 90%(+) Hispanic. One time a Hispanic parent was mildly surprised when I told him that I had never met, nor socialized, with the parents of another white student on the baseball team. I had a gentle laugh inside. I guess he thought that as a minority group (whites are in that area), we must automatically be part of some white "community".
True.

But I somehow have this feeling they knew each other - as if it was a secret relationship and Mum had no idea of it.
As he was an illegal immigrant and so much older.
Maybe they used to meet there when Mum was at work.

Maybe she decided to end this relationship with the tragic result.
As sometimes, unfortunately, happens.

JMO

True.

But I somehow have this feeling they knew each other - as if it was a secret relationship and Mum had no idea of it.

JMO
I find that incredibly difficult to believe.

I have found a FB page for the suspect. IS that something that can be posted here?

He is from the town he was arrested in (according to his FB profile). I am curious if he was in Edna for work. He has a safety vest and hard hat on in one photo

I have been traveling all day, and just had time to sit down and read the news that Lizbeth's alleged murderer has been caught. I had thought that once those pix were released to the public, he would be quickly identified, and it seems that he was. I also believed he would still be hiding out in the area, and although he was some 50 miles away, that fits what I was saying in a round-about way, that is, that he would not head south and slip across the border. I do wonder if he lives in Schulenburg, or whether he fled to some family member's home or the home of an acquaintance once he knew his photo had been released.

Also, I saw someone pondering how many years he might serve if convicted. Those of us that just recently followed the Kaitlin Armstrong trial know that, in Texas, capital murder, or felony murder, can carry a penalty up to the death penalty. If the death penalty is not sought, a convicted murderer can be sentenced to LWOP, or can be sentenced to from 5-99 years in prison, and could become eligible for parole after serving one half of any sentence, or 30 years, whichever is less. I believe that in this case, the death penalty or LWOP will likely be sought, and hopefully, successfully prosecuted.

Rest in peace, Lizbeth. You deserved the chance to live your life. JMO

Last edited:
True.

As he was an illegal immigrant and so much older.

JMO
I got that feeling also.

Clearly possible.

But.... despite the popularity of the term "community" when describing various groups of people. Hispanics are no more and no less likely to heavily socialize with other Hispanics than say, whites are amongs themselves.

As a side note, my children's school is 90%(+) Hispanic. One time a Hispanic parent was mildly surprised when I told him that I had never truly met, nor socialized, with the parents of another white student on the baseball team. I had a chuckle inside. I guess he thought that as a minority group (whites are in that area), we must automatically be part of some white "community".
Yeah and especially considering how Latino/Hispanic Texas is. It's not like they're the only two Latinos in a 99% white area in, like, New England or something, it's Texas...there are a ton of Latinos there. People sometimes (totally innocuously!) tend to assume people who are immigrants from the same part of the world and/or minorities locally all know each other but it's not usually the case. Obviously it is sometimes though. I live in an area (Pacific Northwest) that has a ton of Eastern European immigrants, specifically Russians, Ukrainians and Croats, and a lot of times people assume that they know other completely random Eastern European immigrants in the city who they've never once heard of lol
I find that incredibly difficult to believe.
Me too. I personally, even more now, am heavily leaning towards a Jayme Closs-esque situation where he was obsessed with her and began stalking her. Nothing that we know makes me think she knew him in any capacity. The information we do have makes me think he had been stalking her for a while (I personally strongly believe the break-in was him MOO), knew her family routine, and specifically decided to strike at a time when Lizbeth might assume it was just her mom coming in and not think anything of it. Lizbeth was a beautiful young girl, creeps are creeps and often they think they are entitled to other human beings for no reason except delusion. I wouldn't be shocked if he became fixated on Lizbeth and felt he was entitled to her and could assault her and take her life simply because he felt he could. IMO All JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back