TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I'm confused. It looks as though the identity assumed was very similar to someone else who lived in the same area (this is an unusual name, and Longview is not an especially large area) - and the California link is probably the nearby namesake.

What I have also learned:

The deceased left behind a very young daughter, born when she was in her late 30s. Her only survivors were listed as her husband and his family members. She had apparently lived in Texas since 1987; graduated from college in Texas in 1997. I also found the K surname.

Are we to assume that her place of birth and date are made up or do you think there is some truth to that? She attended and graduated college. She needed High School records to get in. I just wonder where she got those from. This is kind of strange and scary.

I think there are likely to be some patterns of truth. It helps those that lie to keep stories straight.:what: I found other people with similar names in Texas, but also in Florida. There are birth dates ranging from 1966 to 1970. Often seem to be in July around 16 to 18th, but also in May from 16 to 18. She used a fairly common "maiden" name.

LR's marriage record to JR says that she was born in 1970 and was 34 when she married her husband in 2004.

I am thinking this pic is a reconstruction thats why the nose looks crooked, from gunshot maybe, do we know method of self destruction?

Are we to assume that her place of birth and date are made up or do you think there is some truth to that? She attended and graduated college. She needed High School records to get in. I just wonder where she got those from. This is kind of strange and scary.

does a person in the USA always need high school records to get into college or univeristy? Where I'm from in Australia there are several ways an adult could get in without such things. You can do the final couple of years of schooling via our equivalent of community college which admits anyone over 21 to such courses, you can do an exam to get into what is called a foundation course at university and then be admitted to that university based upon the results from that year-long course, you can do a mature age entry exam and get into a degree if your score is good enough. It is hard to get straight into certain degrees with some of these methods (no-one has ever got straight into medicine or law using the mature age entry exam as far as I know) but once you've got into one degree it is quite easy to transfer to another if you get really good marks your first year.

I am going to be in Longview this weekend. Is there anything or anyplace I could look up or go by? Just let me know. tia

does a person in the USA always need high school records to get into college or univeristy? Where I'm from in Australia there are several ways an adult could get in without such things. You can do the final couple of years of schooling via our equivalent of community college which admits anyone over 21 to such courses, you can do an exam to get into what is called a foundation course at university and then be admitted to that university based upon the results from that year-long course, you can do a mature age entry exam and get into a degree if your score is good enough. It is hard to get straight into certain degrees with some of these methods (no-one has ever got straight into medicine or law using the mature age entry exam as far as I know) but once you've got into one degree it is quite easy to transfer to another if you get really good marks your first year.

Yes, I think you maybe right. She may not have needed transcripts from H.S. I'm not sure.I wonder if she really went to college. Part of me thinks she did. Is there anyway to check?

Yes, I think you maybe right. She may not have needed transcripts from H.S. I'm not sure.I wonder if she really went to college. Part of me thinks she did. Is there anyway to check?

If she went to college or jr. college in Texas she would definitly need transcripts. Where was she supposed to have gone to school.

If she went to college or jr. college in Texas she would definitly need transcripts. Where was she supposed to have gone to school.

I'm guessing that a recent GED may over-ride the need for high school transcripts in people over a certain age. Especially for those people whose high school years were before the computer era really took off.

I am thinking this pic is a reconstruction thats why the nose looks crooked, from gunshot maybe, do we know method of self destruction?

I don't think we know how she killed herself. Are you referring to the pic on her NAMUS profile? If so, it is not a reconstruction. IIRC that photo was taken in 1990. It matches other pics we've found of her.

Oh, and I found out her SSN was issued to her in 1988.

A case for it being Debra Jean Cole
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cole_debra.html

Looking at Debra Jean Cole's age projection recon and reading her story makes me think it isn't impossible this is her.

Let's imagine that instead of killing her as has been supposed, her mother's de-facto spouse did something horrible and traumatic (assault? rape? attempted murder? pushing her out a vehicle?) and she manages to run away. Obviously the police at the time thought running away wasn't a complete ridiculous notion, even if later they decided it was more likely she'd been killed. She falls in with a crowd who is surviving outside the normal economy, maybe prostitutes herself a while or finds a boyfriend to support her or works the same jobs illegal immigrants do or some of all of the above. She'll do anything not to seek help and be sent home. If she works in the sun a few solid years that would explain why she looks more than usually aged in the photo at age 21. Hard living can take away a lot of a person's subcutaneous facial fat. If she is pregnant as was suspected, that ends early by miscarriage or abortion. Has a growth spurt or two to bring her up to her adult height. Her hair darkens as she ages. Gets her nose broken. Then in 1987 she turns 18 and is sorely missing all the things that having a legal identity could bring her. She looks into what has happened with her family before deciding whether to reclaim her former identity, and finds out about her sister, and even though she can't be forcibly returned to her family she really doesn't want to deal with thinking too much about her past and having to ansswer police questions. By 1988 she has found out how to start a new identity, and does so. Obtains admission to further education. Settles into an ordinary life, except the past haunts her. In 2010 it becomes too much to deal with.

I am amazed that there doesn't seem to be any other information out there on this woman! I would like a little more to go on and am shocked the media hasn't run with the story!!

I don't think we know how she killed herself. Are you referring to the pic on her NAMUS profile? If so, it is not a reconstruction. IIRC that photo was taken in 1990. It matches other pics we've found of her.

Oh, and I found out her SSN was issued to her in 1988.

It is very possible that the NamUS photo was dated wrong. Assuming that LR is the same person, she does not look that much older in the more recent pictures. The one closeup picture clearly shows the same bend in her nose.

Good find on the SSN! So she applied for her SSN around the time she was about 18 or 19. That seems pretty old to be getting an SSN for the first time. I was born in 1959, and we were encouraged to get SSN before starting elementary school. Now the paperwork for SSN is done as soon as a baby is born.

I'm a little confused.How did she get a new SSN issued to her in 1988? Isn't that a little strange?Wouldn't the Social Security people have questioned that,because of her age. I'm assuming she had fake birth certificate, maybe. Like the other poster, I was born in the late 70's and had my number since I was a baby.

The Only Step-by-Step Identity Changing
Guide Available on the Internet!

Snipped: ...people are creating a completely new identity for themselves in order to get a badly needed second chance at life. The only way to get that second chance is to create a totally new identity - in a brand new name with a clean, new credit record and clean new credit cards - supported by a full set of 100% genuine identity documents. There's simply no other way to escape your past problems and live your new life safe, secure and completely worry-free.

Don't do it, Mamashawn! We need you here! (hee hee) :floorlaugh:

I'll have to ask my mom when I got my SS#. I got it pretty late. Not as a baby, for sure. I want to say I was around ten years old, maybe? That would have been in the early 80s. My younger sister got hers at the same time. Our numbers are very close.

eta: Okay! I found this: http://stevemorse.org/ssn/ssn.html Very cool. It worked for mine - and I was pretty close on the date up there! Is LR's SS# on the SSDI? I know sometimes they are listed. Can somebody with an ancestry.com account check it out?

eta: Okay! I found this: http://stevemorse.org/ssn/ssn.html Very cool. It worked for mine - and I was pretty close on the date up there! Is LR's SS# on the SSDI? I know sometimes they are listed. Can somebody with an ancestry.com account check it out?

Wow, that is a really cool site. It turns out that I got my number a little later then I thought I did! If your interested you can do a free trial of Ancestry.com. Just make sure to cancel when the trial period is up,lol.

Thanks annemc2, For posting that link. I thought the numbers were assigned by some sort of geographic/time sequence but forgot what it was.

So using that site, I didn't get my SSN until I was about 14 years old. That makes sense, because I started working part-time summers at about that age. Back in "those" days, there was no reason to have a SSN other than to work.

Bridget Jefferson must have been the name that she had assumed.

Here is the side-by-side of Bridget and the UID

4d1ec5b5ad112.preview-300.jpg

This is from the NAMUS info (BBM):

This case is being investigated by the Social Security Administration Office of the Inspector General. The decedent committed suicide in 2010, and it was subsequently learned that she had been living under an assumed identity. Her true identity is unknown. The images in NamUs are actual photographs of the decedent taken in 1990.

I wonder if her suicide wasn't specifically on 12/24. That description sounds pretty vague.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smash5070