TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it's different for boys and girls, but my boys hit a big growth spurt their freshman year of HS and grew a few inches. My daughter is 13 and already 5'9", so I'm not sure if the same will happen to her or not. But it would definitely be true in the case of my 2 older boys.

I think a bigger problem is her nose. I'm not sure the shape of your nose would change that dramatically. Even if it was broken, as was speculated earlier.

Although, the more I look at it... the chins are identical, as is the facial shape. I wonder if she might have had plastic surgery (though I'm not sure why you would have your nose made crooked... and I think maybe they'd be able to tell if she had?).

Here's your side by side...

sidebyside-1.jpg

sorry for just joining this one and I will admit to not having read all 17 pages but here is what I'm wondering (and forgive me if this has been asked before).

I assume we are comfortable that the woman in question was known as L.E.R. and that her supposed maiden name was L.E.K. doing my own sleuthing at ancestry, it would appear that L.E.K. was married in 1991 to a man named K.J.C. in TX. I wonder whatever happened to him as I do not see any corresponding divorce record in TX for that couple.

also the obit mentioned that the deceased had graduated a particular college in 1997 with a particular degree. were the credentials faked or did she assume the credentials of a real person which raises the question of what happened to that real person?

Height in girls: I looked around a bit today and from a few respectable sources I have gathered that growth tapers off and most girls reach their full height 2 years after puberty hits, which for most girls is 12-13. The height gained in those 2 years is 1-2 inches.

So, if Longview Doe is 5'10 as an adult, at age 14-15 she would be 5'10, at age 12 she would be 5'8 or so. IF she follows the NORMAL.

sorry for just joining this one and I will admit to not having read all 17 pages but here is what I'm wondering (and forgive me if this has been asked before).

I assume we are comfortable that the woman in question was known as L.E.R. and that her supposed maiden name was L.E.K. doing my own sleuthing at ancestry, it would appear that L.E.K. was married in 1991 to a man named K.J.C. in TX. I wonder whatever happened to him as I do not see any corresponding divorce record in TX for that couple.

also the obit mentioned that the deceased had graduated a particular college in 1997 with a particular degree. were the credentials faked or did she assume the credentials of a real person which raises the question of what happened to that real person?

I don't know about the prior divorce. It has been awhile so I don't remember if that was discussed, but I do remember there are more LEKs out there- in particular the original holder of the identity. So it is easy to get this particular woman's history wrong.

I believe that we as a group thought that she took on the current identity sometime around 1987 (ss records?) . So we imagined that everything after that date was legitimate as far as degrees, businesses, marriage etc. Legitimate as in she actually went to class. There was some earlier discussion as to HOW she got into college (with forged documents? or did she go to a jr. college under her fake name and earn a transcript that way).

This is what I remember off the top of my head about the last 17 pages. Hope that helps!

Although, the more I look at it... the chins are identical, as is the facial shape. I wonder if she might have had plastic surgery (though I'm not sure why you would have your nose made crooked... and I think maybe they'd be able to tell if she had?).

Here's your side by side...

sidebyside-1.jpg

Thanks is not enough! There are some similarities for sure...but I am not even an amateur expert on this type of thing. Especially noses and how they change as we get older. Maybe that is something CarlK or Ambercat or any of the other smart people on here.

when I see the photo of our mystery woman in the sweater, she looks soooo New England to me like she just stepped in from out of the cold for some hot chocolate or a hot toddy.

if that pic was 1990, it was just 2 yrs after she got the SS# issued in her name in TX. I wonder if it was a driver's license pic?

when I see the photo of our mystery woman in the sweater, she looks soooo New England to me like she just stepped in from out of the cold for some hot chocolate or a hot toddy.

if that pic was 1990, it was just 2 yrs after she got the SS# issued in her name in TX. I wonder if it was a driver's license pic?

IIRC it was a DL pic. There has been debate whether it is from 1990 or not. Not sure outcome of that debate.

I keep checking SS news (I think it is on a DOJ subpage) which publishes results of investigations into fraud, ID theft, etc. hoping to find something about this case. Nothing yet.
Unfortunately, they haven't run Longview Doe's DNA yet as per NamUs...maybe when they do there will be a hit.

It looks like a driver's license pic. She actually looks like my cousins. Their family ancestors emigrated from Johnson Island which I think is off Ireland's north coast and somewhat remote. So in my head, I've always assumed her to be of Irish descent. Not that that's very scientific, but she just looks soooo much like them.

doing my own sleuthing at ancestry, it would appear that L.E.K. was married in 1991 to a man named K.J.C. in TX. I wonder whatever happened to him as I do not see any corresponding divorce record in TX for that couple.

I took another look at this and the L.E.K. who got married in 1991 had a different middle name.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that LE might welcome suggestions if they are willing to do rule outs like http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pate_parley.html Are there really "no other distinctive body features?" Previously broken nose, maybe? Scars? She almost looks like she could have had some kind of syndrome - the shiny-ish skin, tall stature, possibly gnarled hands. Something like scleroderma, maybe?

That rule-out just looks like it's out of left field for me. Anybody have a try with the Leonard Graphic archives? Are we officially putting out a call to the yearbook guru?! :cheer:

Parley Pate is the only person who has officially been ruled out on NamUs. I logged on today to check for updates.

I would think that if the Jane Doe had scoliosis and asymmetry in the two sides of her ribcage, that would have been noted.

Here's a side-by-side:
saccone_deanna.jpg

I think this one is worth exploring.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Glad to see this one getting attention again. It piqued my interest, but once school started I didn't have the time to follow up on most of the threads I was engaged in.

This one is so frustrating because of all the things we speculate on that are probably known by LE or the family. Unlike most every UID case, we know who this woman *claimed* to be, and the people she interacted with under her assumed identity don't appear to live on the fringes of society. A lot of the information about her supposed background, her medical or physical characteristics that could help us match or rule out, the circumstances of how her false identity was discovered... all of that is likely known but not released or shared.

I get the impression that this case is in NamUs or open with LE because it technically has to be since her true identity is unknown, but that there is little push from family or authorities to truly find out who she is. Her husband and child know she's passed, there isn't any immediate indication that she was wanted in another state... Just my hunch, but I feel like it's an incredibly low-priority case for LE and something that the family would rather just let go and protect her young child from.

It's 2012 - if they wanted to know who she was, they would tell their story, put up a website, at least talk to their local media. The lack of media attention is telling. If memory serves me correctly, the only mention of her death is the obituary. I feel like more poking and prying won't yield any more clues because no one involved wants them to be divulged - not for any criminal reason, but because of the pain it's already caused them.

On the other hand, there could be another family wanting to know what happened to a daughter, sister, cousin that deserves to know. If Longview Doe was a runaway teen or a kidnapped child, that's worth pursuing. It's getting to the point where we suspect that might be the case that's difficult.

Ugh.

I agree that there might not be too much push from family or local authorities....however....

SS is investigating. If you look at their pages, they write little updates about completed investigations. Many of these involve stolen identities, fraud, selling identities, etc. Some of these cases were worked on for years and they are too dissimilar to Longview Jane Doe's case.
So I am hoping that SS continues to work away at this case- if they can-

Yeah, it does seem to veer to her left.

Yes. My first thoughts were this is an upper middle class "ralph lauren wearing" kind of gal. The nose does look like it might have been broken. Perhaps she had fled from an abuser? Nice looking woman.

I just saw this photo on Namus. This person committed suicide but has lived under an assumed identity. Found on Dec 24th, 2010.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9863

This case is being investigated by the Social Security Administration Office of the Inspector General. The decedent committed suicide in 2010, and it was subsequently learned that she had been living under an assumed identity. Her true identity is unknown. The image in NamUs is an actual photograph of the decedent taken in 1990.

Brown hair, hazel eyes,
Estimated age Adult - Pre 50
Minimum age 41 years
Maximum age 50 years
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Female
Weight (pounds) 160, Estimated
Height (inches) 70, Estimated

I just had a very far reaching thought, but I want to share it anyway. Did she really commit suicide? Could she have possibly been a witness of some sort under the federal protection program? I know that sounds really far fetched but.... Something doesn't add up with this suicide story. Could she have been a law enforcement special agent of some kind? She has a very intelligent "official" look about her.

I just had a very far reaching thought, but I want to share it anyway. Did she really commit suicide? Could she have possibly been a witness of some sort under the federal protection program? I know that sounds really far fetched but.... Something doesn't add up with this suicide story. Could she have been a law enforcement special agent of some kind? She has a very intelligent "official" look about her.

are you suggesting she is not dead or that she was murdered and not a suicide?

I would doubt that the SSA would broadcast an indentity theft/fraud case if the person was in the witness protection program.

Someone slap me. In my post above I meant to write "aren't too dissimilar".

Anyways, I hope SS solves this one. I am sure her little girl would love to know the truth (when she is older).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro