TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
would it be acceptable to reach out to the Texas Business Women's members in Bonham, to see if anyone knew anything??

I wouldn't. I'm sure her associates are being thoroughly interviewed for the ID fraud situation anyway

Has anyone looked at this lady as being Trena Slinkard? She abducted her 3 kids and has been living under and assumed identity. She also has lived in the Longview, TX area.

Sorry, I don't see a resemblance.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Well that would explain the nose, Im sure that was not the first time:(

I called the Sheriff's office. It was a misdemeanor, not much info BUT

"JBR is the one who called the police to report harassment, however, when LER showed them she had bruises he was the one who was charged with the assault on LER/LEK."

The lady said since it was a misdemeanor it could not have been very bad. JBR got a citation for the incident.

I still think it could have been more serious, but LEK passed away before the incident probably went to court maybe or could be pursued further.

I called the Sheriff's office. It was a misdemeanor, not much info BUT

"JBR is the one who called the police to report harassment, however, when LER showed them she had bruises he was the one who was charged with the assault on LER/LEK."

The lady said since it was a misdemeanor it could not have been very bad. JBR got a citation for the incident.

I still think it could have been more serious, but LEK passed away before the incident probably went to court maybe or could be pursued further.

It was dismissed in April 2011.

I first learned of this UID on Monday evening, read all the pages in this thread, "slept on" what I had read, and pondered my readings all day Tuesday.

My thoughts about her, as uneducated as they may be, lead me to the conclusion she is neither a domestic violence victim prior to her marriage to the husband we know about, a fugitive from justice, nor a runaway, but rather she "reinvented" herself.

From 2003 until 2010 I lived in a residential resort community in the Carolinas where frequently "transplants" reinvented themselves to gain social acceptance that otherwise would be unavailable to them--if the truth about their past lives were known.

At first I stumbled onto this situation unwittingly when I found myself being introduced to a woman (as "Dr. ___ ___") who was represented to have a Ph.D and a husband who was represented to be a retired U.S. Air Force colonel. The truth is she has a two-year degree from a community college in New York and a husband who is a retired U.S. Army NCO--and a lower ranking NCO at that; how did I know this upon introduction, you may ask? The answer: She used to clerk for me before I retired! If ever I have seen a person "blush to the roots" red with embarassment and look mortally terrified, it was at that introduction; I played it off as though I was glad to meet "Dr. ___ ___"! I later learned this is only one of many cases in that community where a person passed herself or himself off as having credentials and living lives that were either partly or totally fiction.....

In many cases I read on WS where CarlK90245 has commented, I find myself agreeing with him, and he does have sleuthing skills far superior to anything I would ever hope to develop--this case is one where I definitely agree with him; I would be very surprised to learn LEKR is indeed the subject of a missing persons report. From whatever family she may have had at an earlier time in her life, she had deliberately distanced herself in a quest for "upward mobility." Unless the Social Security Administration decides to devote more resources to the quest to learn her true identity, I believe we shall never know the truth about her--and neither will her daughter, unfortunate though that may be.

With all due respect to Kiln, I think inventing a "better" background story in order to impress new friends is very different from stealing someone else's SS# and identity...that being said, it could very well be that she was never reported missing...

So many questions...what drove her to suicide...did her husband know her background and threaten to reveal it? Why did she apparently leave Longview where her daughter was? Did her husband have temporary custody and why? And if husband knew her background, why would he file for SS benefits for the daughter which would obviously open the proverbial can of worms?

I first learned of this UID on Monday evening, read all the pages in this thread, "slept on" what I had read, and pondered my readings all day Tuesday.

My thoughts about her, as uneducated as they may be, lead me to the conclusion she is neither a domestic violence victim prior to her marriage to the husband we know about, a fugitive from justice, nor a runaway, but rather she "reinvented" herself.

From 2003 until 2010 I lived in a residential resort community in the Carolinas where frequently "transplants" reinvented themselves to gain social acceptance that otherwise would be unavailable to them--if the truth about their past lives were known.

At first I stumbled onto this situation unwittingly when I found myself being introduced to a woman (as "Dr. ___ ___") who was represented to have a Ph.D and a husband who was represented to be a retired U.S. Air Force colonel. The truth is she has a two-year degree from a community college in New York and a husband who is a retired U.S. Army NCO--and a lower ranking NCO at that; how did I know this upon introduction, you may ask? The answer: She used to clerk for me before I retired! If ever I have seen a person "blush to the roots" red with embarassment and look mortally terrified, it was at that introduction; I played it off as though I was glad to meet "Dr. ___ ___"! I later learned this is only one of many cases in that community where a person passed herself or himself off as having credentials and living lives that were either partly or totally fiction.....

In many cases I read on WS where CarlK90245 has commented, I find myself agreeing with him, and he does have sleuthing skills far superior to anything I would ever hope to develop--this case is one where I definitely agree with him; I would be very surprised to learn LEKR is indeed the subject of a missing persons report. From whatever family she may have had at an earlier time in her life, she had deliberately distanced herself in a quest for "upward mobility." Unless the Social Security Administration decides to devote more resources to the quest to learn her true identity, I believe we shall never know the truth about her--and neither will her daughter, unfortunate though that may be.

Thanks for your post. I agree with most of what you said. While I agree that finding out who she really was may be difficult, it isn't impossible. Those of us that have spent time on this thread realize how complicated this situation is.

We don't know if she was a criminal, a foster child, a runaway, or simply a mentally ill person who thought life would be better as someone else. But, I'm not willing to give up searching because the answer may never be found.

I do wish we had more answers, but that's the fun of sleuthing! I'm not 100% certain that she changed her identity just to be able to make herself look better. You don't have to use someone else's social security number to do that...you just need to move to a place where no one knows you. A lot of people lie about their accomplishments, but stealing an identity makes you a criminal,and I think that doing so is a desperate attempt to hide not just from the past, but a BAD past.

This case is incredibly fascinating to me. I missed my calling in life to be a detective! ;)

Personally, I doubt the husband knew her true background. He might have gleaned a few snippets here and there like, "My best friend in grade school and I dressed up like witches one year"- but IF he knew anything of significance I think the Social Security investigators and/or the local PD would have been told about it after her death. There would be no reason for him not to tell.

He could easily release important details in such a way as to make it seem as if he didn't believe her "lies" or thought she was "joking' so he wouldn't get in trouble, if he feared he would be somehow liable for her lies. But, I don't think he would want to risk lying to SS. So whatever he knew, if anything, wasn't enough for SS to discover her identity.

We also have to remember that she had this identity for more than a decade before they probably met. So it was well and truly established and there would be no reason for husband to question her earlier childhood stories. "Did you REALLY grow up in ___? I want some pictures, lady!"
All :moo::moo: I have been wrong plenty of times, of course.

What an interesting case and am trying to catch up but still reading.

I did notice that on the case report on Namus it lists the "date created" as February 09, 2012. Does anyone know if this means it was that long before they learned this woman was living under an assumed identity? That's over a year later. But surely they knew before then.

Also, I have no idea how this stuff works and maybe it's already been posted here, but am wondering what would have ultimately led to the knowledge that she was not who she claimed to be.

What an interesting case and am trying to catch up but still reading.

I did notice that on the case report on Namus it lists the "date created" as February 09, 2012. Does anyone know if this means it was that long before they learned this woman was living under an assumed identity? That's over a year later. But surely they knew before then.

Also, I have no idea how this stuff works and maybe it's already been posted here, but am wondering what would have ultimately led to the knowledge that she was not who she claimed to be.

I think "date created" just means the date whenever they got around to loading the data into Namus and creating a casefile in that database which may be very shortly or a very long time after they started investigating.

(There is also one ruleout now, too, that I'd not noticed before.)

NamUs Case # 9863 has had changes made. You can view the case by clicking the url below

URL: https://identifyus.org/cases/9863

The following fields have been changed:
DNA : ORI changed from "" to "TX220035Y"
DNA : nucDNA changed from "Unchecked" to "Checked"
DNA : Location changed from "" to "University of North Texas"
DNA : Reference Number changed from "" to "12-2007.1"
DNA : DNA Status changed from "available not submitted" to "entered"
DNA : Comments changed from "" to "Complete mitochondrial DNA profile and complete STR profile uploaded to NDIS. CL"
DNA : mtDNA changed from "Unchecked" to "Checked"

I looked up LR on another site (http://www.people-finders.ws) and she had Possible Employment / Business Associations of CANTEBRIA CROSSING, operators of Apartment Buildings. Also listed previous locations of :
BEDFORD, TX
LEONARD, TX
CARROLLTON, TX
FORT WORTH, TX
DALLAS, TX
EULESS, TX
IRVING, TX

I also searched her on texas court case records sites:http://www.courtreference.com/Texas-Court-Search-Records.htm

So far nothing for her in Gregg county. Her husband JR got a seatbelt ticket in 2001.

Searched in Dallas county because obit said she moved there in '87. There is a record of an LK being a plaintiff in a civil case in '91.

Well, searching in those other cities for both the K and R surnames is going to take a little time so I'm going to post now :-)

Oh oh oh! LR & JR were getting DIVORCED. Fannin County court search. I think (if I'm reading right) it was initially filed in august of 2010. JR was the petitioner i.e. he's the one who wanted it. Also, LR was served with something on 12/20/2010. civil/family case.

Furthermore, in JR had an ASSAULT charge that was filed in september of 2010. Fannin cnty criminal cases.

K, I did the rest and nothing came up. Except for Tarrant county b/c that was a pay for service deal, and I don't roll like that.

So, allow me to hypothesize:
Her husband filed for divorce and custody of the child so she kills herself b/c her whole family is breaking apart, the only family she has really ever had, so she kills herself. Sounds plausible to me!

Is it standard protocol for the woman to be listed by her maiden name rather than the married name as they have done in these judicial records? I mean, they weren't divorced yet were they? :waitasec:

Question: If someone using a false identity gets married, does that make them not really married? Am I making sense? :waitasec:

IDK, but something tells me there was something bad going down.
Here she was getting a little moment of glory, looking really proud in the newspaper photos with the Texas Business Women back in May and again in August of 2010.

Then after that seems she dropped off the radar which is also about the time she was served with divorce papers. I suspect also when 'something' might have hit the fan. Could have been her husband had somehow found out some truth about her. How did he end up custody of the baby? Not usual unless there was a very good reason.

I have to say too, that her business sounds a little shady to me, I mean what did she really do? But maybe I'm a little biased because I tried that mystery shopping thing years ago and felt like I was basically conned and taken advantage of. I mean, I made no money, basically worked for free, so never did it again. Then afterward the company kept phoning me to the point I felt like I was being harassed.

I also strongly suspect this poor woman may well have had a long history of mental illness. Depression, bipolar, something. Otherwise, I just can't imagine a mother with a two year old doing what she did. So very sad and tragic.

I just saw an age progresion of Sheri Lynn Johnson...I don't know how to post links, but perhaps someone can look it up...I think she looks alot like our UID...perhaps a long shot...but Sheri Lynn's background is enough to make anyone want a new identity...

I just saw an age progresion of Sheri Lynn Johnson...I don't know how to post links, but perhaps someone can look it up...I think she looks alot like our UID...perhaps a long shot...but Sheri Lynn's background is enough to make anyone want a new identity...
Where did you see the age progression? NamUs? I'll try to find it and post here.

ETA: Sheri Johnson NamUs MP#6233
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6233/0/

Charley Project:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/j/johnson_sheri.html

Question: If someone using a false identity gets married, does that make them not really married? Am I making sense? :waitasec:

Respectfully snipped, by me.

I believe that in most states if someone enters a marriage under a false identity or under false pretenses, that would be grounds for a divorce under the guise of fraud.

Since we don't know (and might never know) the circumstances under which Longview Doe's identity was discovered, we can't know if that was the reason for the divorce. This is a true chicken or egg scenario that we'll drive ourselves crazy about if we think about it too much. Which came first - the discovery of the false identity, leading to a divorce? Or an unrelated divorce, leading to the discovery of a false identity? Or, a third scenario: an unrelated divorce, a suicide, and then the discovery of a false identity?

Obviously, there are people who know which scenario played out, but it's not public knowledge.

I was just looking through Missing Persons on Doe Network and came across Melissa Highsmith who went missing in Texas in 1971...she was not quite two years old at that time...the age progressions bear some resemblance to this UID I think....

Sorry I don't know how to do the links on My IPad....

New to this thread, in fact haven't been on WS at all for quite some time. I read over the postings and this sure is an odd case.

I did a little searching and found a real estate record in Fannin Co., TX filed 3/3/2011. It's an "Affidavit of Heirship" and the date of the instrument is 2/23/2011. The grantors are a DJG and LR Deceased and the grantee is LR Deceased. I'm not sure what this type of affidavit is, but the document can apparently be viewed if you're willing to sign up and give them a credit card number.

I looked up DJG, who has a FB page with hundreds of friends. Among them are some of the folks who signed LR's obit guestbook. DJG may be a minister (it's not clear) but he's a very religious person who has written a couple of books. We know LR attended a Baptist church, but in a different town.

Maybe someone could look at this document or shed some light on what an Affidavit of Heirship is.

Here's a link to the site...first click on "Click here to select a county" and then on the next page select Fannin Co. In the search box, just type the R surname.

https://texaslandrecords.com

Don't know whether any of this will be helpful but you never know!

New to this thread, in fact haven't been on WS at all for quite some time. I read over the postings and this sure is an odd case.

I did a little searching and found a real estate record in Fannin Co., TX filed 3/3/2011. It's an "Affidavit of Heirship" and the date of the instrument is 2/23/2011. The grantors are a DJG and LR Deceased and the grantee is LR Deceased. I'm not sure what this type of affidavit is, but the document can apparently be viewed if you're willing to sign up and give them a credit card number.

I looked up DJG, who has a FB page with hundreds of friends. Among them are some of the folks who signed LR's obit guestbook. DJG may be a minister (it's not clear) but he's a very religious person who has written a couple of books. We know LR attended a Baptist church, but in a different town.

Maybe someone could look at this document or shed some light on what an Affidavit of Heirship is.

Here's a link to the site...first click on "Click here to select a county" and then on the next page select Fannin Co. In the search box, just type the R surname.

https://texaslandrecords.com

Don't know whether any of this will be helpful but you never know!

I'm not able to view the document. Here is a link with a general description of 'affidavit of heirship' as pertaining to Texas law:

http://www.ehow.com/how_6121006_file-affidavit-heirship-texas.html

according to the funeral home obituary, DG officiated at LR's funeral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668