TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent example, maybe it's more common than we know.

It would make sense to set up the new identity first rather than doing it after bugging out from the old identity.

If that woman in Florida had chosen another first name and birthday they would never have found her. She apparently never got in any legal trouble in her new identity and kept well below the radar.

Much earlier in this thread I half jokingly suggested that the faux LK may have been born male. That may not be that far out there and should be pursued, though I don't know how. Any ideas?

This case is so unusual and no information is being released. It is frustrating.

It would make sense to set up the new identity first rather than doing it after bugging out from the old identity.

If that woman in Florida had chosen another first name and birthday they would never have found her. She apparently never got in any legal trouble in her new identity and kept well below the radar.

Much earlier in this thread I half jokingly suggested that the faux LK may have been born male. That may not be that far out there and should be pursued, though I don't know how. Any ideas?

This case is so unusual and no information is being released. It is frustrating.

I wonder if she gave birth to her little girl or if she was adopted.

autopsy would answer that question, I think we would know that by now ( maybe)

I doubt it. I think that mostly the Social Security Administration is interested in this, not the usual agencies. I just have not seen them release much.

Wonder if any acquaintances remember her pregnancy? If so, then that would shoot that theory down.

If the daughter is her natural daughter and not adopted, I wonder if anyone has thought of asking the daughter for DNA? It wouldn't answer every question, but it would provide some idea of family background and might help narrow down the search process.

If the daughter is her natural daughter and not adopted, I wonder if anyone has thought of asking the daughter for DNA? It wouldn't answer every question, but it would provide some idea of family background and might help narrow down the search process.

Daughter is a minor child who (IIRC) is probably just about to enter kindergarten next year. So that isn't going to happen unless her father gives permission.

I am sure if she had had a sex change it would have been discovered during the autopsy.

Daughter is a minor child who (IIRC) is probably just about to enter kindergarten next year. So that isn't going to happen unless her father gives permission.

I am sure if she had had a sex change it would have been discovered during the autopsy.

I am sure they would have. But has any autopsy info been released? There just is not much to go on here. Since she was not the victim of a crime so far as we know, LE is probably not going to expend much money and time on this case.

I am sure they would have. But has any autopsy info been released? There just is not much to go on here. Since she was not the victim of a crime so far as we know, LE is probably not going to expend much money and time on this case.

Now you have me thinking. I wonder if there's any possibility that she could have been murdered, and it was set up to look like a suicide. It wouldn't be the first time.

The SSA has an investigative team that seems pretty top notch. They have lists of completed investigations on their website, many of which are about identity theft, people living under false identities, large crime rings, etc. In fact there were a few cases on there very similar to this one (deceased individual found living under an assumed name).
Anyway, I think that local LE isn't doing much because SSA took over. JMO

The SSA has an investigative team that seems pretty top notch. They have lists of completed investigations on their website, many of which are about identity theft, people living under false identities, large crime rings, etc. In fact there were a few cases on there very similar to this one (deceased individual found living under an assumed name).
Anyway, I think that local LE isn't doing much because SSA took over. JMO
Yep, that's exactly the point. To local LE it is a closed case. SSA, I am sure, has their own methods and they are apparently pretty closed mouthed about it.

To another post concerning someone possibly setting up a fake suicide, it is pretty hard to fake a crime scene that passes much forensic scrutiny. Mostly happens in the movies, though not to say it can't happen.

Yep, that's exactly the point. To local LE it is a closed case. SSA, I am sure, has their own methods and they are apparently pretty closed mouthed about it.

To another post concerning someone possibly setting up a fake suicide, it is pretty hard to fake a crime scene that passes much forensic scrutiny. Mostly happens in the movies, though not to say it can't happen.

I actually have no reason to doubt that it was a suicide. I'm sure your'e right. I just have a tendency for these alien type thoughts to pop up in my mind from time to time, :rolleyes:

I actually have no reason to doubt that it was a suicide. I'm sure your'e right. I just have a tendency for these alien type thoughts to pop up in my mind from time to time, :rolleyes:

I'm glad you'r sure I'm right, because I'M never sure I'm right!

Actually I may be dealing with a faked death scene in another case, one that could not be sorted out for decades. The elements helped to wash away evidence and may have acted to assist the perp but still, I don't discount it out of hand in any case.

It can be done but a fake GSW suicide in a car would be hard to get right enough to fool LE. I won't go into gross detail.

I'm glad you'r sure I'm right, because I'M never sure I'm right!

Actually I may be dealing with a faked death scene in another case, one that could not be sorted out for decades. The elements helped to wash away evidence and may have acted to assist the perp but still, I don't discount it out of hand in any case.

It can be done but a fake GSW suicide in a car would be hard to get right enough to fool LE. I won't go into gross detail.

.....dont forget you are dealing with Longview TX , Im just sayin' ( I have no idea what LE or ME is like there, but I have a friend who lives there and says it is about as backwoods as it can be!)

Changes made to Namus include this image & updated fingerprint information. Also, a link to a flyer pdf titled Identity Theft Suspect issued by Social Security that includes both photos:
https://identifyus.org/en/medias/download/17149

Wow! I was starting to think that they were never going to release anymore information on this woman!

I guess that answers the question of what happened to the real L.E.K. she was a deceased child whose identity this woman decided to steal.

Government efficiency in action. The flyer issued by Social Security is dated Oct 2011 but is only now being made public? Also, doesn't seem to me that the new picture could have been taken the same year the picture we have had was but according to the flyer, both pictures were taken in 1990, "two years after the unidentified female assumed the identity of a deceased child."

Yeah, I could believe that the "new" photo was taken in 1990 but the one we've had is much more recent. Does anybody recognize the letters in the background of the newly-released photo? It must be from a drivers license or ID.

That nose is just so unique with the slant. I can't remember if she was married before she adopted the R surname or if the K surname was her "maiden" name. I was looking in the SSDI to see if I could find what state she got the assumed identity from but couldn't find it using the DOB and/or the K surname. ((scratches head))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns