TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But it doesn't say that the victim was 'from' Bethlehem. It says "The presentencing investigation reminds us that the victims, when they arrived at the apartment, were confronted by a pistol." And at this time, the woman who was raped was 19 years old (born ca1964). According the the level of violence used...I too would be terrified of their release.

Also, has anyone seen this photo, which clearly displays her long fingers:

This is the photo in which, imo, she looks freaked out, like maybe she didn't want that photo being taken. She also, at least to my eyes, doesn't look very well, actually rather unkempt, especially her hair, in comparison to her earlier photos.

And the more that I look at that pic, the more I am wondering about Marfan's syndrome (which I know has already been suggested).

Factors to consider:

1) Marfan's is hereditary.
2) Marfan's can affect the heart, which LEK's medication may exacerbate.
3) LEK may simply have 'Beals syndrome' and not Marfan's.
4) LEK and BR's daughter may carry the gene as well, if her mother did.
5) Marfan's affects about 1/3,000. This could possibly narrow down possibilities of relatives, if she suffered from it.

(details from Wikipedia)

I absolutely believe she has this. Her wrists to hand ratio indicate it.

b6smjm.jpg

She appears to have scoliosis, indicative by the slump or posture difference on her right side (look near the neck and shoulder area).

34pxis1.jpg

She tends to be postured like this in most of her photographs standing.

Her arms have a longer than normal wingspan, again a Marfan indicator. Her fingers look (I can't be sure of course) to be clubbed.

"Clubbed fingers is a symptom of disease, often of the heart or lungs which cause chronically low blood levels of oxygen. Diseases which cause malabsorption, such as cystic fibrosis or celiac disease can also cause clubbing."
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/18127.htm

33myjdd.jpg

*THIS IS HER HAND

We know from her autopsy report she had a heart condition. Marfan also affects the heart:
"Cardiovascular (heart and blood vessel) problems are common in people with Marfan syndrome. In fact, 9 out of 10 people with Marfan syndrome experience cardiovascular problems. The most serious problem is enlargement of the aorta (the main blood vessel that carries blood away from the heart). Heart valves can also be affected. Less often, people have problems in blood vessels other than the aorta. "

http://www.marfan.org/marfan/2440/heart-and-blood-vessels/

now, totally off topic from this post but relevant no less; I stated before that I felt LEK never had orthodontics based on the alignment present in her photographs. Most of the images we've looked at are photographs of photographs, only a handful are actually scanned images. The image cropped and placed below is the one that I based my conclusion on lack of orthodontics upon. Her teeth are not aligned and there are misc gaps. Yes, you can have braces early on (even later in life), fail to wear your retainer and your teeth shift once again. Her teeth do not appear to have ever had corrective dentistry. I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time. When I zoomed in though, something I didn't notice before really stuck out to me. If you look at the top 4 teeth - it appears as though there are brackets (ceramic tooth colored brackets). I can't figure out what on earth that is! And, if you keep looking.. to her left - under her nostril going towards her cheek - appears to be a scar of some sort. I looked through a few other images and noticed it as well, so it's not just a shadow on this one. In some pictures it's less obvious than others, but it's there.

This picture is the one where she's holding an infant (0-3 months I think) - you can see the back of the babies head. I imagine that to be her daughter and this to be our most recent image.

5krmdj.jpg

I suspect the medication she was taking was probably something for a mental illness or depression or some such thing. Like I said earlier, if she had OCD of Tourette Syndrome her family would for sure know it or would have seen signs. I suspect the same about ADHD but I don't have any family members with that.

Slight side-track, but I live with two adults diagnosed with ADHD as adults (one of whom I lived with for a decade before diagnosis). I would venture to guess that it's much less noticeable than OCD or Tourette's. The biggest thing I noticed (pre-diagnosis/medication) is that one thing (task/subject/etc.) in which they are very interested is given laserlike focus (I wouldn't call it obsessive) while everything else falls off of their radar. This can make it look like the person doesn't care about 'everything else', is lazy, is indifferent, etc. Housework would slide, dishes not done, items left around and not put away... that sort of thing. (Pre-diagnosis, one such as myself had to resort to, er, nagging. ;) ) Interestingly, full-caffeine coffee would allow The Undiagnosed One to go soundly to sleep during insomnia bouts.

I will say that the medication (Adderall in both cases) reduces this tendency to hyperfocus on one thing. With this medication came weight loss (due to loss of appetite). My :twocents:

tcg

She's deliberately holding her smile unclenched in that pic, whereas her normal smile clenches her teeth against each other in some fashion. Also she has almost no upper lip and in most pics it's crooked. What with the fact that she supposedly had a dental plate, it leads me to believe she was involved in some sort of accident or somesuch.

And Bethlehem, PA is only 61 miles from the Library listed on the sheet, which is likely found in Strafford, Pennsylvania.

It's actually the Tredyffrin Public Library and I found an article with a Dallas connection believe it or not but it seemed too far fetched to even bother posting. Basically, in the late 80's there was a Dallas museum that was getting redesigned and the architect responsible for it was also the person who designed the Tredyffrin Public Library.

Slight side-track, but I live with two adults diagnosed with ADHD as adults (one of whom I lived with for a decade before diagnosis). I would venture to guess that it's much less noticeable than OCD or Tourette's. The biggest thing I noticed (pre-diagnosis/medication) is that one thing (task/subject/etc.) in which they are very interested is given laserlike focus (I wouldn't call it obsessive) while everything else falls off of their radar. This can make it look like the person doesn't care about 'everything else', is lazy, is indifferent, etc. Housework would slide, dishes not done, items left around and not put away... that sort of thing. (Pre-diagnosis, one such as myself had to resort to, er, nagging. ;) ) Interestingly, full-caffeine coffee would allow The Undiagnosed One to go soundly to sleep during insomnia bouts.

I will say that the medication (Adderall in both cases) reduces this tendency to hyperfocus on one thing. With this medication came weight loss (due to loss of appetite). My :twocents:

tcg

I have ADHD and I'm pretty sure everyone in my family/circle of friends is acutely aware of it. :floorlaugh:

This picture is the one where she's holding an infant (0-3 months I think) - you can see the back of the babies head. I imagine that to be her daughter and this to be our most recent image.

5krmdj.jpg

Interesting. I was under the impression that the "businesswomen" pics were more recent (dated 2010, I thought). She gave birth in 2008, correct? But I agree about the teeth—they only look really different in the pic with the baby. She looks different overall in that photo, and not just because of the teeth.

FWIW, I also think she has Marfan Syndrome. I know someone who has it and her posture, hands, even her general look are very similar to LEK's.

Re: Whether people would notice if you have ADHD/OCD/Tourette's. I know people with these conditions and it is not always noticeable right away (my friend with Tourette's is on medication and has no obvious tics). However, I do think it becomes obvious when you are around someone a lot. That said, LEK's husband seems (no offense to him) incredibly naive and/or unobservant. I'm not sure he would notice much of anything, but that's probably just an unfair view of him that I'm basing on the info available.

Another far-fetched lead, but the jolkay identity that was re-posting jobs online for LEK was a woman names Jolene who had listed Celtic music in her interests, hobbies. I don't know where she was getting the originals for the job postings from LEK, but the music may have been a common interest. This stood out to me when I read that Eric A. was an Irish immigrant. Jolkay/Jolene was apparently very active on yahoo groups at one time, so that may be their connection. Would be hard to trace, probably....

Interesting. I was under the impression that the "businesswomen" pics were more recent (dated 2010, I thought). She gave birth in 2008, correct? But I agree about the teeth—they only look really different in the pic with the baby. She looks different overall in that photo, and not just because of the teeth.

Yes, the pictures taken at the business women meetings are the most recent. They were taken May, June and August 2010. Assuming that is her baby in the picture with the pink hat, means that picture was taken in 2008.

I've not been on here much of late and am very happy they released the information on this woman. we now know the sequence of events as to her new identity and social security number. she got them the old fashion way - birth certificate from a dead child, then did a legal name change in a state far away from where the child lived, then get social security number.

what surprises me, and I don't know if anyone has mentioned this 1. because I am not on here much and 2. this thread has exploded in interest, but I wonder why she did not destroy the papers before she killed herself?

maybe that was her way of tormenting the family she married into even after her death.

Reading over that article about the rapist in PA it struck me that he is from Cuba and LEK is known to have liked Cuban food. It doesn't say if the rapist and victim knew each other beforehand though, just though it was interesting. I wonder if there was a large Cuban community in PA at the time.

I did a quick search on the two victims listed in the PA article, hoping to find an obit where survivors might be listed (hoping to find a clue, since she was likely a wife, girlfriend, or sister), but I can't locate anything. Someone with better searching skills might try.

Apologies in advance if this was already discussed, but have people considered that LEKR's mystery shopping business was a scam? I'm assuming if LE looked at her computer, they would have checked this, or there would have been complaints about her. (All I can find is a message board posting from 2004 where someone complains that "An Eye For Detail" appears to be a vanity site and just produces spam.)

I suspect LEK was legit in this sense, but imagine if she was up to stuff like this?

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0053-mystery-shopper-scams

I ask because I've always thought her new identity was just a way out of an old life (even if that old life had a criminal element)... but maybe she was running other scams than just her ID.

I did a quick search on the two victims listed in the PA article, hoping to find an obit where survivors might be listed (hoping to find a clue, since she was likely a wife, girlfriend, or sister), but I can't locate anything. Someone with better searching skills might try.

I searched for EE and ES but didn't come up with anyone related to EE. The victim could have been one of their girlfriends at the time. I'm not sure if I have the right ES but he has addresses listed in both AZ and PA and a few different related females.

I'm trying to find the link, but there was actually a girl who either ran away or disappeared in the early-mid 80s and she was 5'10 and had scoliosis, not to mention a close resemblance to LEK. I almost posted it the other day, but I wasn't sure if I read correctly the suggestion she may've had scoliosis.

Maybe one or both of them also went stealth, like LEK?

What was the cult out west that (well, it's everywhere but I seem to recall CA being pivotal) there was a huge uprising and child *advertiser censored* was in these zines and manuals? "The family"?

I mentioned a cult a few days ago when we were discussing the Thailand connection. It was known by various names -- The Family, Children of God, and some variants on that. They were definitely active in Thailand as well as many other countries for some time. They used prostitution as means of converting people to their cult, i.e. their female followers had sex with men for money and attempted at the same time to convert them. They were accused of all kinds of sex crimes involving children, including forcing the children of their members into prostitution at very young ages.

I don't know if people who wanted to leave this cult would have needed to change identities to get away from them, but certainly there are cults and extremist groups of all kinds that would have former members afraid of being found. I think it's a strong possibility for the explanation of why LEK is untraceable before she adopted her first (that we know of) false identity. She may have been living outside the US, possibly a member of a group that never registered the births of children within the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734