TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this complaint listing for Lori Kennedy in California for the website "123travel.com". Not sure if this was Lori making the complaint or the complaint was about her. The birthdate is different, but idk where it came from. I have entered random birthdates when I didn't want to put my info out there on the web.

https://buyercomplain.com/6616192788/

Name: Lori Kennedy
Address: 10518 chapel hill way
City: Bakersfield
State: CA
Zip Code: 93312
Phone: 6616192788
Date of birth: 5/24/1968

I googled the site and found this:

http://www.aboutmytalk.com/t104765/s&.html

Hey everyone, first-time poster here.

This is one of the many sad, spooky, tantalizing cases with fleeting leads that are difficult or impossible to confirm.

But I came across something interesting today that I haven't seen mentioned on here before. I was browsing the UID section of a discussion board site similar to this one, and they had a (short) thread for FLEK. It was started by a user named Jace, who pasted the Seattle Times and Dailymail articles that we all know and love. Jace then went on to propose a possible I.D. For FLEK: Susie Jane Bailey, A.K.A. Lora Jean Boone.

To paraphrase this case (which was accompanied by links to pertinent historical newspaper articles and a few grainy old photos of a girl with a passably similar facial shape) Susie Jane Bailey was 15 in 1969 when she and her brother were accused of (and confessed to) intentionally starting a fire in the family home that killed 12 relatives after a dispute. However the confession was later deemed inadmissible and the two were set free.

Susie then legally changed her name to Lora Jean Boone, which, Jace points out, happened to be the name of a little girl killed in a 1950 house fire in Illinois. In 1972 Susie/Lora vanished from the radar and was presumably never heard from again after dropping siblings a note that she was married and headed “Northeast.”

The theory is a little out there (it leaves a 16-year gap, and would make her 56 at the time of her death, and 34 in the Idaho photo), but intriguing, nonetheless, as certain elements make for an eerie fit. I was disheartened that there were no comments or responses to Jace's post on the other forum. The Websleuths community is far more talkative and involved, so I'd like to hear others' thoughts. I'd also like to post a link and/or photos, is that allowed? I am not trying to take credit for Jace's ideas or research; it's just something I came across that I thought was worthy of discussion.

Hey everyone, first-time poster here.

This is one of the many sad, spooky, tantalizing cases with fleeting leads that are difficult or impossible to confirm.

But I came across something interesting today that I haven't seen mentioned on here before. I was browsing the UID section of a discussion board site similar to this one, and they had a (short) thread for FLEK. It was started by a user named Jace, who pasted the Seattle Times and Dailymail articles that we all know and love. Jace then went on to propose a possible I.D. For FLEK: Susie Jane Bailey, A.K.A. Lora Jean Boone.

To paraphrase this case (which was accompanied by links to pertinent historical newspaper articles and a few grainy old photos of a girl with a passably similar facial shape) Susie Jane Bailey was 15 in 1969 when she and her brother were accused of (and confessed to) intentionally starting a fire in the family home that killed 12 relatives after a dispute. However the confession was later deemed inadmissible and the two were set free.

Susie then legally changed her name to Lora Jean Boone, which, Jace points out, happened to be the name of a little girl killed in a 1950 house fire in Illinois. In 1972 Susie/Lora vanished from the radar and was presumably never heard from again after dropping siblings a note that she was married and headed “Northeast.”

The theory is a little out there (it leaves a 16-year gap, and would make her 56 at the time of her death, and 34 in the Idaho photo), but intriguing, nonetheless, as certain elements make for an eerie fit. I was disheartened that there were no comments or responses to Jace's post on the other forum. The Websleuths community is far more talkative and involved, so I'd like to hear others' thoughts. I'd also like to post a link and/or photos, is that allowed? I am not trying to take credit for Jace's ideas or research; it's just something I came across that I thought was worthy of discussion.
Thank you so much for sharing this :). You are allowed to post photos as long as there is a link to accompany where it came from. Also allowed to post links and if you are unsure if what you post is allowed, look at the bottom box of your post there is a triangle with an exclamation mark that will alert a mod.

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll go ahead and post a link to where I found this: http://www.officialcoldcaseinvestigations.com/showthread.php?16396-Lori-Ruff-UID-female-Gregg-County-TX

I also placed the photos of Susie/Lora (from the site I linked) side-by side with the early photos of FLEK featured in the articles and on Websleuths:

FLEK.jpg

I feel like the shape of the eyes, chin, and face are close. The arch of the eyebrows is similar, though Suzie/Lora's are much fuller and thicker. As milkymama pointed out, the noses are different - Susie/Lora seems to have a wider nose and nostrils, and her ears seem "taller." But it's hard to tell conclusively from old photos with slightly different angles. Jace also pointed out Suzie/Lora's long, bony fingers in the car photo featured in the link. Assuming Susie is the girl on the far left, her hands do stand out.

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news...d-still-be-alive/story-fni0cx12-1227288968942

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
d7ca197e9b6a8e5185d8a11f1be984df.jpg

I really think this could be her. The main thing that stood out to me is the very strange upward head tilt she has in many of her photos. I assumed the tilt was conscious and employed in order to change the way she looked in photographs in order to thwart recognition- but look at how Susie Jane Bailey has that same odd backward tilt in the photo with her brother. I also think that her features are very similar except for her nose, but that could be due to fading in the photo of SJB with her brother- her nose appears slimmer in her profile photo. Of course it's also possible that Lori Ruff had a nose job at some point since she wasn't a stranger to plastic surgery.
What really makes me think there is a very good chance this is her is that I've always thought she looked like she was in her late twenties or her early thirties in her first photo IDs .

I really don't see how the women in these photos could be the same person. Their basic skull shapes are visibly different, along with most of their facial features. I tried a rough overlay, and the proportions are just way off. This solution would make for an epic story, though.

Edit: Regarding the "Susie/Lora" theory above.

The court case appeal says that Susie Bailey had an IQ of 71 and could read on the level of a 5th grader. Interesting considering FLEK's bad spelling.

This newspaper article says she lived in Ohio for 7 months then ran off with her cousin Johnny Bumgarner. She was caught and returned, ended up in a mental institution in 1971. Ran off from there, wrote to her sister and brother that she was married and going to the northeast. She stopped in NC (NC is not on the way from Ohio to Northeast US I noticed). It says she then "vanished".

So many questions. Where was she last seen exactly? By who? Was the husband with her on this visit? Was it definitely Johnny Bumgarner?

https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=gSQEAAAAIBAJ&pg=7174,4033557&hl=en

In order for FLEK to be Susie Bailey she would have had to have given birth to her daughter between 52-54 years of age. This is almost impossible with out use of an egg doner.
I think this match is unlikley.

The court case appeal says that Susie Bailey had an IQ of 71 and could read on the level of a 5th grader. Interesting considering FLEK's bad spelling.

IIRC FLEK did really well on the GED and got a bachelors degree in marketing from the University of Texas at Arlington.

it is interesting the 1969 fire date is her listed birthday on one of the sites. or listed birth month not exact date.

One of the news articles said that she was taking medication for either ADHD or Tourette's. I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that medication for one can exacerbate the other, so I googled to see if I was remembering correctly.

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/psyc...etter/archive/09_summer/tourettes_grados.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16780292

Also often seen with these two disorders is OCD. Many people associate OCD with excessive attention to cleanliness and neatness, but in fact, it can be quite the opposite. Many people with OCD are so overcome with repetitive intrusive thoughts that they can't do things like keep a house clean and actually become hoarders.

It was reported that in counseling, she repeated over and over "The problem with Blake and me is" and then never stated the problem. This sounds OCD-ish.

Not sure this helps figure out her original name, but I thought it was interesting. Maybe she was being medicated for the wrong thing, and OCD was the root cause.

Probably because it was an easy date for her to remember if anyone ever asked what year she was born in.[/QUOTE

Sorry I didn't mean the fire that killed BST, I meant the fire with the girl and her brother the one where the 12 family members died .( geeze I'm lacking brains today)

ETA: Susie Bailey !

Wouldn't investigators be able to hazard a guess what condition she was being treated for by the name of the medication? Treatment for ADHD would not be the same as for OCD. Treatment for OCD would not be the same as for Bipolar. I don't know what is prescribed for Tourette's but since it is related to OCD I would think maybe the same meds could treat both those conditions. I suffer from OCD along with the vast majority of my relatives and we all take SSRI medications. However, since Bipolars are so often misdiagnosed because they are reporting their depressive symptoms and often not the manic symptoms when they feel good. prescribing SSRIs to someone who is Bipolar can have disastrous results. My husband and another relative were both misdiagnosed with depression rather than as being Bipolar and the SSRIs magnify the manic state, make it much worse and make the person go into mania more often. If FLEK were prescribed the wrong meds like this then she easily could have fallen into the sad state that was reported of her in her final few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iris June