TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LL (the woman in the photo) was born in 1951, and if FLEK was born circa 1969, she could very possibly be LL's daughter and JP's sister/half sister.

LL could have given birth to FLEK in her teens, given her up for adoption, and FLEK could have been raised in foster homes, which could explain why her disappearance has gone unreported. FLEK may have sought out her natural mother in her teens and realized LL died in 1982, but found that she had a sister/half sister---Jennifer Perk. According to JP's online profiles, she was born in 1975, which might make her a few years younger than FLEK. Interestingly, both FLEK's resume and JP's online career profile are marketing-oriented.

JP "still" lived with her grandmother until her grandmother's death in 2013, which may suggest that her father (and possibly FLEK's) has remarried/not been in the picture/passed away. He is not mentioned in her grandmother's obituary, but his name is available elsewhere online.

Thoughts?

Just looked into that a bit further---IF (and yes, it's a stretch) this is the case, by taking the name Lori, FLEK would have been carrying on a pattern; LL's name was Laura, and Laura's father's name was Lawrence. LL's husband's name (and father of JP) was Kenneth. Is the fact that FLEK changed her name to Lori Kennedy (Laura + Kenneth) just a coincidence, or was this chosen according to her parent's first names?

Found this (http://survivingadopted.com/tag/falsified-adoption-records/), which discusses some interesting history of adoption records in Ohio (and the Perk/Perkins disparity).

This wiki article on closed adoptions indicates that "some adoptees have been denied passports for having incomplete birth certificates. The hospital may also be omitted on the amended birth certificate, especially if it primarily serves unwed mothers." Many hospitals that followed this practice were closed by the mid-1970s.

Is it possible FLEK stole an identity because of being denied a passport due to an incomplete birth certificate?

The fact that you mentioned that the dads name was KENNETH was something I noticed right away and I had the exact same thought that she combined the two names!!!!! I have always thought her new name would have special meaning to her past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty coincidental, no?! IMO, JP and FLEK could easily be sisters. Face shape, hair colour, skin tone, eye colour, height, build...and FLEK looks SO much like JP's mom (eyes and smile, particularly).

Not sure what Ohio's law on marriage was then, but now it's 18 without parental consent. FLEK was born AROUND 1969, LL in 1951. Soo...

Again this may be a stretch but I found this article about the Streif family.http://http://law.justia.com/cases/new-york/other-courts/2014/2014-ny-slip-op-51166-u.html

It's a court document about the estate of Constance Streif's father. It seems there was some dispute. One thing I found very interesting is this statement.

Was she trying to avoid her adopted family? Really odd to me. This also means that Constance was actually from New York and not Texas.
A stretch but after a little research....her father (Connie Streif) is really tall. The family that I've found on fb are also quite tall. Fits with FLEK's height.

I enjoyed reading this article on the court case regardless, it was interesting. Thanks

Woops! Sorry guys! I had a mental slip and forgot the no facebook pic rules. I am in the process of getting permission from pic owner to post here and maybe get more pics of L.L.
More info.. The family migrated from Slovenia 4 or5 generations back.

A stretch but after a little research....her father (Connie Streif) is really tall. The family that I've found on fb are also quite tall. Fits with FLEK's height.

I enjoyed reading this article on the court case regardless, it was interesting. Thanks

I don't really see the similarity :( For one, the teeth are completely different (FLEK had small teeth, CS's are larger).

I have not seen a more uncanny resemblance than LP. I am a Clevelander and this kind of blows my mind. I remember being at functions as a kid with RP present, groundbreakings etc. Would really like to know more about LP. She died so young.

I've kinda been shut down on posting about laura and jennifer by admins due to board rules we must follow. I HIGHLY encourage you guys to follow up. I found that pic of Laura on a hunch and when I saw it, I don't know, it was undeniable to me there is SOME connection. I have not felt this way about ANY other lead. I really wish I could move forward with this, but rules are rules. Jennifer is aware her mom is being researched and she is OK with it, but doesn't understand HOW she could be connected. Good luck yall and PLEASE pm me if you find anything

Did some looking around and found many sources that indicate the date given on this is quite off. Wonder if the cause of death is incorrect as well.

Did some looking around and found many sources that indicate the date given on this is quite off. Wonder if the cause of death is incorrect as well.

Yes. Because her DAUGHTER JP told me personally that her mom died in 1982.
JP would have been a young child at that time. Many other sources have 1982 listed also.. Maybe a typo.. It is weird.. You think they could get it right lol

Yes. Because her DAUGHTER JP told me personally that her mom died in 1982.
JP would have been a young child at that time. Many other sources have 1982 listed also.. Maybe a typo.. It is weird.. You think they could get it right lol

Looks like they were just reporting a rumour. Strangely, I can't find any obits...seems like it was kept pretty quiet.

Does anyone have access to North Royalton HS yearbooks, 1965-1969? Or issues of The Plain Dealer from late November/early December, 1982?

Whenever I run across this Jane Doe, I immediately think she is the girl from Michigan. I have not posted it before because the dates do not add up. Christine Byers went missing in Oct of 1998. Is it possible she could have been living a double life? Christine is said to have been 70" tall and 135 lbs with auburn hair and blue eyes. Hmmm...

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/9144/0/

Attachments

• RUFFBYER.jpg
    RUFFBYER.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 325
I've worked out a more detailed timeline for Ohio, based on what we can see online. I'd guess that FLEK was born sometime between 1965 and 1969, perhaps in Ohio (but could also be another state for discretion), under the name Perkins (or similar ;)), birth parents named Laura and Kenneth.

If this is correct, it seems like FLEK knew who her family was (had JP name on the note sheet). It seems like she would have documents related to this in her lock box. Maybe she did and they were never released?

That is the frustrating part, to not have all the pieces that may be available... The suicide note may have not made sense to them, but could have had clues about who she was...

If this is correct, it seems like FLEK knew who her family was (had JP name on the note sheet). It seems like she would have documents related to this in her lock box. Maybe she did and they were never released?

There were a number of shredded documents found in her home...

Ancestry.com
Lori Kennedy
Birth 1963
Lived in Tampa Florida
Check out her yearbook photo

Been away from here for a while, this still bugs me that we are no closer to finding out who she really is/was.

Someone ought to contact James Renner. He's a writer in Ohio and might be able to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member