TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just not seeing it being Cheryl, but it won't be the first time I have been wrong, nor will it be the last...

Sorry Billy, I just saw your post and waiting on a decision. Ugh I can't delete it. Help!

Attachments

• 7778_10153871571570470_621158012765285269_n.jpg
    7778_10153871571570470_621158012765285269_n.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 196
Me neither, I'm flummoxed.

If I'm recalling correctly, Derek Abbott is the guy who got obsessed with the Somerton/Taman Shud case. He ended up marrying the granddaughter of the lady who possibly gave the Somerton UID man the book. Part of it was found with his body, and her phone number was discovered in the back of the book. I think I've got that right!

(I appreciate this will make no sense to anyone not familiar with that case)

Does anyone have the link for the AMA on reddit for Derek Abbott?

Edit: Oh, nvm! I found it! Just google: Derek Abbott reddit

Sorry for the trouble! Mods, please delete if you think necessary!

Anyone speak Spanish? There is a website here with several pictures of Lori that I hadn't seen before. What is the one of her tied up about? There are captions under each photo but my basic understanding of Spanish (more a combo of French and Italian!) means I can't read it reliably.

Is there anything new here?

http://noticias.r7.com/hora-7/fotos...segredo-sinistro-pro-tumulo-15022016#!/foto/1

The photo of the girl tied up is thought to be Tara Calico. Not sure who the person on the bottom-left is but it doesn't look like Lori to me (IMO).

Anyone speak Spanish? There is a website here with several pictures of Lori that I hadn't seen before. What is the one of her tied up about? There are captions under each photo but my basic understanding of Spanish (more a combo of French and Italian!) means I can't read it reliably.

Is there anything new here?

http://noticias.r7.com/hora-7/fotos...segredo-sinistro-pro-tumulo-15022016#!/foto/1

I get the option to translate.
curious moment World Secrets WHO IS SHE? WOMAN MYSTERIOUS EXCHANGE OF IDENTITY SEVERAL TIMES AND LEADS SINISTER SECRET PRO TOMB

download.jpg

If this is not allowed, mods please delete.

The photo of the kids tied up was found in carpark in Florida in 1989 and has been brought up in reference to several missing kids but I don't think the subjects of the photo were ever ID-ed.

One case that seemed to have the most viability was Tara Calico and there's a big analysis of the photo on her wikipedia page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_Calico

ETA: can't help with the Spanish though - sorry

Re: the photos at:
http://noticias.r7.com/hora-7/fotos/...22016#!/foto/1

The original language is Portuguese but if you run it though Google translate the captions of the slide show seem to have previously translated from English (as they are translating back from Portuguese with a surprising clarity not expected from Google translate ;)

Wow, amazing, so it seems like this is solved. That is great for FLEK's daughter.

Well how interesting! I hope this does give the families involved some peace of mind. I am Ali a bit relieved to think that of all the terrible things that seemed to be a real possibility for LEK, perhaps none of it was anymore than a young woman who wanted a fresh start.

Well how interesting! I hope this does give the families involved some peace of mind. I am Ali a bit relieved to think that of all the terrible things that seemed to be a real possibility for LEK, perhaps none of it was anymore than a young woman who wanted a fresh start.

Unfortunately that might not necessarily true. If this turns out to be Cheryl Iacovone, she went missing in 1977, but our Jane Doe didn't do the name change thing until 1988. Sadly, a lot could have happened to her during that 11 year time period. It might not be that she was just looking for a fresh start or hiding from her family, but hiding from somebody or something that she encountered since she left home.

This is going to sound really horribly selfish. ... I'm looking at the various ancestry documents, trees, the news articles, my own notes ... and I feel a little let down? If indeed this is solved. I think I turned FLEK into a fantasy - I feel like there should be more. Oh that sounds so bad.

If indeed we have an identity I am extremely happy for her family members who have been in a great deal of pain wondering about her.

Sounds like its solved. I'm so pleased, I never believed that the Ruffs secretly knew, so I'm glad that they finally have the answers to the questions that FLEK's daughter will be asking when she is older (if she isn't already).

I'm also going to be pleased if it turns out to be a fairly mundane back story. Better that, than the distress that a very tragic/troubled back story will bring to FLEK's daughter.

As I have said on here before, we keep seeing over and over with these high profile UIDs that when they are solved, the back story is usually fairly mundane in comparison to the suggested theories eg Grateful Doe, Cali, Sharon Marshall etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member