TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone with ancestry access (and savvy) help me locate a birth record for a missing person. I actually have an ancestry account but struggling to find what I need. TIA

I am hesitant to believe that she may be Stalder. Stalder was charged along with the others and was later granted immunity for her testimony. Her fingerprints would have likely been on file.

I am hesitant to believe that she may be Stalder. Stalder was charged along with the others and was later granted immunity for her testimony. Her fingerprints would have likely been on file.

According to this, fingerprints were paper based and not in electronic databases until 1999. Would the paper fingerprint card with Stalders prints on it have been entered into this database? I'm not sure Vellings fingerprint search would really have picked up anyone arrested prior to 1999. https://oig.justice.gov/reports/plus/e0203/back.htm

I'm not sure Lori's fingerprints were on file (she was cremated before her identity was in question), thus no fingerprints to compare against any known felons.

They have hers from the passport application I believe. I saw pics of them in the Seattle article

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep seeing a list of dates where it looks like Lori was trying to work out an age backwards. But I can never get a clear enough image to be able to zoom in and dn't know much about it.

Does anyone have a decent quality copy of it please, and was it found in Lori's lock box?

This has been bugging me, among other things (one of which being we don't know 100% what was in the lockbox and what wasn't).

The Seattle article says "On Christmas Eve 2010, Blake’s father, Jon Ruff, shuffled out to get his paper. As he raised the garage door, he saw a black Tahoe idling in the driveway. He immediately went inside and called police.

It was Lori. She had shot herself."
http://old.seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2021243552_janedoexml.html

The FOIA'd report says the Ruffs were not home when she killed herself in their driveway, and that police actually suspected her original intent was to kill the Ruffs, but then killed herself when she found they weren't home. The death certificate says she died at 6:30 am.

https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united...cial-security-investigation-file-17574/#files

Whether they were home or not doesn't necessarily provide any clues as to her identity, but it makes me wonder how accurate other information we have all been sleuthing diligently actually is, such as what was actually in the box and what wasn't.

This has been bugging me, among other things (one of which being we don't know 100% what was in the lockbox and what wasn't).

The Seattle article says "On Christmas Eve 2010, Blake’s father, Jon Ruff, shuffled out to get his paper. As he raised the garage door, he saw a black Tahoe idling in the driveway. He immediately went inside and called police.

The FOIA'd report says the Ruffs were not home when she killed herself in their driveway, and that police actually suspected her original intent was to kill the Ruffs, but then killed herself when she found they weren't home. The death certificate says she died at 6:30 am.

https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united...cial-security-investigation-file-17574/#files

Whether they were home or not doesn't necessarily provide any clues as to her identity, but it makes me wonder how accurate other information we have all been sleuthing diligently actually is, such as what was actually in the box and what wasn't.

This was bothering me too. I just couldn't remember where I had read that he came out and found her.. It is a huge difference in story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: the FOIA report - I don't understand why Terry Turner said someone named Fred Howder might know something. Did Velling look into that? Why does the trail go cold there?

That is odd. I wonder if they were home, but didn't answer the door because it was her and she was behaving in such an alarming way in general. Then once she was sitting out in the driveway for so much time, Mr. Ruff went to tell her to leave? Maybe they heard the gunshot?
I can't come up with a scenario that would explain them not being home prior to 6:30 am. It doesn't make any sense they somehow missed their dead daughter in law in a running tahoe in their driveway on Christmas eve. I don't know why they would lie about it and it seems like such an obvious inconsistency for the investigator to miss.

That is odd. I wonder if they were home, but didn't answer the door because it was her and she was behaving in such an alarming way in general. Then once she was sitting out in the driveway for so much time, Mr. Ruff went to tell her to leave? Maybe they heard the gunshot?
I can't come up with a scenario that would explain them not being home prior to 6:30 am. It doesn't make any sense they somehow missed their dead daughter in law in a running tahoe in their driveway on Christmas eve. I don't know why they would lie about it and it seems like such an obvious inconsistency for the investigator to miss.

Truthfully I think they were home, knew of her erratic behavior and how things had become so out of control, and decided to let her be as long as she wasn't out of control so to speak. Once she had been out there for some time he decided to go outside to check and perhaps ask her to leave for whatever reason (maybe he didn't want her daughter to see her in the driveway when she woke up) and then that's when he realized she was dead? At this point though would you have heard a gun shot, if you were inside and she were in her car? (This is a genuine question as I am completely clueless on this :) sorry.)

Truthfully I think they were home, knew of her erratic behavior and how things had become so out of control, and decided to let her be as long as she wasn't out of control so to speak. Once she had been out there for some time he decided to go outside to check and perhaps ask her to leave for whatever reason (maybe he didn't want her daughter to see her in the driveway when she woke up) and then that's when he realized she was dead? At this point though would you have heard a gun shot, if you were inside and she were in her car? (This is a genuine question as I am completely clueless on this :) sorry.)

They would have almost certainly heard the gunshot.

I think you're right - they were home and they tried to give the impression they weren't home to avoid a scene on Christmas Eve.

I keep seeing a list of dates where it looks like Lori was trying to work out an age backwards. But I can never get a clear enough image to be able to zoom in and dn't know much about it.

Does anyone have a decent quality copy of it please, and was it found in Lori's lock box?

Have tried these two links:

This first one, just click on the image... it's fairly large and allows you to use your mouse to scroll around

http://old.seattletimes.com/html/localpages/2021243300_janedoeevidence.html

http://old.seattletimes.com/ABPub/2013/06/20/2021230731.jpg

Not sure about the set up of the Ruff's home, but if someone sat in my driveway at 6:30 in the morning on Christmas Eve (or any time that I was sleeping, I guess), but didn't ring the bell, I probably wouldn't even know they were there.

In my line of work, I have seen many police reports that are accurate, but leave out details that when speaking with the person, you get a much more clear picture about the event in question. I have also seen reports where each police offer giving the report on the same incident, has completely different reports on the event. These are domestic disturbances though and not suicides with possible intentions of murder. I would hope there would be more accuracy in such cases.

"Before Miles set out, Blake let him know there were places Lori had told him never to look. The strongbox, hidden in a closet, was labeled “crafts.”

'So what do you think I did?' Miles said. 'I took a flathead screwdriver and broke that thing open.'"

AND

"Inside was a court document from 1988 showing she had changed her name. Before she was Lori, she was Becky Sue Turner.
In the strongbox there also were letters of reference from an employer and a landlord. And the scribbles: North Hollywood police. 402 months. Ben Perkins, an attorney."

If FLEK thought no one was home, then to her and only to her, no one was home. This is a woman who had a restraining order against her for sending her in-laws death threats. This is a woman who had a gun. If no one answered the door or no one saw or heard her, then that's a good thing. He went to get his paper and that's when he spotted her vehicle. I also would have hurried back into the house and called the police. A restraining order was violated on FLEK's part. No discussion, no approaching her or her vehicle, just hurry back in and call the police.

There was a restraining order against FLEK. She shouldn't have been in the driveway, if she was the Ruff's had the right to call the police and have her leave. There is nothing that states that the Ruff family was not home on Christmas Eve. It doesn't state that in the report. If everyone is asleep prior to 6:30am, then it makes sense that no one would know that she was out front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop