TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I'm not sure if I've mentioned before: As somebody who is approximately the same age as "Lori" either was (or tried to pass herself off as being), I would submit that it is very possible that, in 1988, she could have easily presented herself at the Kern County records office in person, presenting an out-of-state ID stating that her name was "Becky Turner". Because many states were in various stages of raisinng the drinking age back to 21 during this time, and because many states had not quite yet gotten past the practice of making simple laminated driver's licenses, she could have easily gotten, say for example, a "Delaware" driver's license, not from an "identity broker", but from some enterprising college kid with access to a laminating machine, a Polaroid camera, and not much else.

Or an Oregon ID. Back in the day, IDs from my home state had the most sketchy reputation. Which would be likely, considering around this time LEK was physically in Bakersfield, CA & Boise, ID.

Something I'm not sure if I've mentioned before: As somebody who is approximately the same age as "Lori" either was (or tried to pass herself off as being), I would submit that it is very possible that, in 1988, she could have easily presented herself at the Kern County records office in person, presenting an out-of-state ID stating that her name was "Becky Turner". Because many states were in various stages of raisinng the drinking age back to 21 during this time, and because many states had not quite yet gotten past the practice of making simple laminated driver's licenses, she could have easily gotten, say for example, a "Delaware" driver's license, not from an "identity broker", but from some enterprising college kid with access to a laminating machine, a Polaroid camera, and not much else.
You raise a good point. My college roommate had an ID from Mississippi that said she was 21. On the back in the tiniest fine print, it said something along the lines of being for entertainment purposes only. She had it made at a booth at the county fair.

It was also a time before states started watermarking their IDs. Get a Polaroid camera and a well-adjusted picture, a license, and an X-acto knife, and you're good to go.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

I remember watching a true crime show about one guy from the 80's who faked people's identities. It wasn't difficult at all.

First, he went to the library and looked up birth certificates of people who had recently died (not sure how, but he was able to obtain them.) He made a copy of the birth certificate, then went to the DMV. At that time you only needed your birth certificate. He said he lost his other information.
They then just made him a brand new ID. While I was watching I was totally shocked, but he did this in not only one, but several states. Unbelievable really. People just took others at their word back then.

Yes, in Chicago there was a place on Madison Ave that you could go to and pay $40.00 and get a fake ID printed with whatever name you wanted.

Also, I dont know where to mention this, so i'm hoing to put it here and if it isn't allowed (i'm new), somebody tell me and i'll delete it right away.

I was looking into info last night about this case. I came upon a page on reddit where there was a listing for her grave online and people can send virtual flowers and etc. It had been updated in august this year, and an anonymous user sent her a flower. The comment was something like:

"I hope you find peace, sandy".

I dont know if the person who was commenting was Sandy, but I found it odd someone would post anonymously then leave their name. That started me down the rabbit hole of who is "Sandy", and I did find a woman who went missing in the 80's in wisconsin named Sandy. They looked somewhat similar, but her disappearance seemed more like foul play.

Anyway, thought I would mention it. Again, if this isnt allowed, please tell me, i'll delete it.

Also, I dont know where to mention this, so i'm hoing to put it here and if it isn't allowed (i'm new), somebody tell me and i'll delete it right away.

I was looking into info last night about this case. I came upon a page on reddit where there was a listing for her grave online and people can send virtual flowers and etc. It had been updated in august this year, and an anonymous user sent her a flower. The comment was something like:

I dont know if the person who was commenting was Sandy, but I found it odd someone would post anonymously then leave their name. That started me down the rabbit hole of who is "Sandy", and I did find a woman who went missing in the 80's in wisconsin named Sandy. They looked somewhat similar, but her disappearance seemed more like foul play.

Anyway, thought I would mention it. Again, if this isnt allowed, please tell me, i'll delete it.

This has been discussed. It's been debated if the poster is calling FLEK Sandy or if they didn't use proper grammar and the posters name is Sandy.

I've been looking into this too. Sometimes lawyers do show as the agents on their client's business filings. But I think he was up to something, for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Laminated ID cards

In my state, I am sure my driver's learner's permit was laminated and that was 1995. I /think/ my driver's license two years later was laminated as well. In any case, the laminate material they used had the DOT symbol that you could see when you held it to the light.

Interesting...I was working on the Passport application....

Found the number on the passport application with a different area code. This one happens to be in Gainsville Florida. A Dr. Kr@m3r was selling a 1980 Honda Accord. The paper is from June 14, 1988.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=IeoDAAAAIBAJ&pg=2199,4620442&hl=en

I've checked that number, that would be her "Business Phone" (with a different area code), but the one given by FLEK as Home phone, with exactly the same area code, is owned by a guy with the initials "D.G.", located in Dallas, Texas (I have the full address).

I've checked that number, that would be her "Business Phone" (with a different area code), but the one given by FLEK as Home phone, with exactly the same area code, is owned by a guy with the initials "D.G.", located in Dallas, Texas (I have the full address).

And the "Business phone" takes me to a building 1,5 miles away from the home where that phone is registered... and that "Business phone" is linked to the "Dallas Oral Surgery Walnut Hill"

And the "Business phone" takes me to a building 1,5 miles away from the home where that phone is registered... and that "Business phone" is linked to the "Dallas Oral Surgery Walnut Hill"

But her "Home number" is also linked with a "L.S"... whose home is also in Dallas, Texas, very close to the Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, and the Jewish Temple Shalom, also in Dallas, Texas.

Oh ok, sorry! There are so many threads about this topic.

It's ok, trust me we have so many pages and different rabbit holes on her that it would take anyone a year to get caught up if you were trying to play catch up on this one!! :)!! Welcome aboard the crazy train express. [emoji6]

Welcome!! :greetings:
It's a tough thread to catch up with as many members have been working this for year and years, they're pretty good at answering questions though! I often think this would be a good case to have an "Ask Me Anything" subthread on, so that those newer to the case (including me) can get short answers to random questions and catch up more easily.

Yes, in Chicago there was a place on Madison Ave that you could go to and pay $40.00 and get a fake ID printed with whatever name you wanted.

While we're on the topic, circa 1980 at a university that shall remain nameless, one went to a fraternity house that shall likewise remain nameless. On a hallway wall was a large-scale version of our state's driver's license. Stand in front, smile for the camera, place an extra square of laminating film over the "picture" portion of you new "license" and you're alllllll set.

Not that I know anything about this. :angel:

While we're on the topic, circa 1980 at a university that shall remain nameless, one went to a fraternity house that shall likewise remain nameless. On a hallway wall was a large-scale version of our state's driver's license. Stand in front, smile for the camera, place an extra square of laminating film over the "picture" portion of you new "license" and you're alllllll set.

Not that I know anything about this. :angel:

OK~~uh...huh~~you no nothing about that....LOL

Anyway, I forgot to mention you could do this in the 1980's as well~~~Not that I know anything about that either. ;) :D :angel:

It's ok, trust me we have so many pages and different rabbit holes on her that it would take anyone a year to get caught up if you were trying to play catch up on this one!! :)!! Welcome aboard the crazy train express. [emoji6]

Welcome!! :greetings:
It's a tough thread to catch up with as many members have been working this for year and years, they're pretty good at answering questions though! I often think this would be a good case to have an "Ask Me Anything" subthread on, so that those newer to the case (including me) can get short answers to random questions and catch up more easily.
Thank you!

Yep, this is a huge rabbit hole! It seems like you guys have everything under control...I should move along :)

Just curious, im sure you guys did investigate the Sandy thing. Nothing came of that? Sorry if im derailing the thread

Thank you!

Yep, this is a huge rabbit hole! It seems like you guys have everything under control...I should move along :)

Just curious, im sure you guys did investigate the Sandy thing. Nothing came of that? Sorry if im derailing the thread

:wagon: to our group!

There has been mention of it before in the threads~~but~~there is always room for a new perspective. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home