TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://live.seattletimes.com/Event/Live_chat_with_investigator_reporter_about_Jane_Doe_case?Page=1

"The Nevada question: We do not know if she ever spent time in Nevada but some time after her marriage to Jon Blakely Ruff they went to visit Las Vegas. They went through a second ceremony in Las Vegas and returned home. I had our agents in Las Vegas see if the police in Las Vegas could run JANE Doe's photo past their photo database but if she ever worked in Las Vegas it would have been before digital photos."

The quote is from the article linked above. That is the only evidence that I have ever seen that the second wedding took place.

Thanks OBrunhilde! I knew I had seen something about it not on the boards. SO that doesn't really answer when just "sometime after" their first marriage. Very odd. Maybe they honeymooned in Vegas and got married again on a whim? Do we know if they ever HAD a honeymoon? The Monday, Jan 5th wedding in Texas is still strange to me...

I have the kind of job in which people tell me very private things about their lives, their thoughts and feelings. I have met lots and lots of people who have dispositions similar to FLEK's, and it really cannot be overstated how difficult it can be for an introvert to live in a world comprised mostly of extroverts. Introversion is not synonymous with mental illness! Oftentimes, they are simply very quiet. Full stop. Evidently, quiet people can really freak extroverts out. Introverts can appear to be blank slates and end up being labeled with all kinds of negative attributes-- often with little or no basis in fact. Snob, arrogant, shy, hard to know, private, mysterious, unfriendly, unsociable, inscrutable, unfeeling, closed off, unemotional, loner, loser, boring, weird-- you get the picture. But some people are genuinely happy to be alone, have just a few close friends, and to read a book on Saturday night. Whatever blows your bangs back, right?

I really think FLEK was probably just one of those people-- skewing way to the introvert side of the introvert/extrovert scale. While that worked for her husband initially, it didn't seem to work for his family. It seemed like she might have tried to bond in ways that were comfortable to her-- like collecting recipes and family tree data. Sadly, it is really quite common for a family of extroverts to ultimately reject an introvert. I have noticed that is especially true for daughters-in-law. It ends up looking a lot like bullying and relational aggression when it happens. The hostile behavior is often subtle enough that the person experiencing it looks like an idiot for being upset and attempting to make someone understand what has transpired. And with all due respect, Blake doesn't sound like perceiving shades of gray is a real strength of his. This family in particular does seem to present themselves as being higher in standing than most, and I, like Gardener, just don't see it.

FLEK's introverted tendency to place a very high value on just a few relationships, the adversity she faced in her "family" and perhaps the hormonal hell that some women are faced with during infertility treatment, pregnancy, and post-parfum... That's more than enough to break a person. I have known similar scenarios.

We we have been talking about the need for a profile-- I agree! The incongruity in her behavior seems to me, to be centered around career ambition, but of course I don't really know. Lying to a judge, lying to a GED proctor, joining a group of business women-- even stripping as a temporary means-- in my opinion, these are things an introverted person would do only if pushing forward a very strongly desired agenda or ideal of some sort. I wonder if her parents failure motivates her? Fear of the need to be fully self-sufficient or be homeless? I have even been wondering if the man who appears to have lived at the same addresses as she did wasn't a boyfriend, and a culture clash of some sort might have fueled her behavior? Traditional Chinese and whatever FLEK was?

Anyway, if you read this far you deserve a big cookie :) Thank you so much for indulging me.

May make one unsolicited observation on the factoid about "Lori" having worked as a stripper (according to an ex-boyfriend)?

If we accept that she did work as a stripper, we still don't know if she did it for a single song, a day, a week, a month, or a year. We still can't say she had any professional dancing or related skills, how she may have presented herself on stage in terms of costuming and/or makeup, or whether she was hired based on her face, breast implants, or overall stage presence. We still can't say what type of establishment she may or may not have performed in, or whether she was popular with the clientele, or whether she managed to get along with the other dancers and employees of that establishment. Finally, we really can't say whether or not she enjoyed the experience or regretted it.

Sure, it makes for a more colorful story to read that she once worked as a stripper, rather than to read that she once worked as, say, a sandwich artist or a CPA, but I really can't infer much from that particlar fact--not in the context iin which it was provided.

For me, knowing this book exists really helps to put the whole Tea Angle into perspective. It seems like it was quite a popular trend in Texas, so it makes LEK's interest in taking tea really very normal and commonplace. Maybe not terribly indicative of anything at all.

The fact that the tearoom is,and has been a place for kids is a bit perplexing though. The first things that spring to mind for me: maybe she worked close by and the tearoom was the closest source of caffeine, or just a pleasant place to take a break; maybe she didn't drink alcohol or caffeine and the tea room was the closest place to get herbal tea. Those are the most " normal" explanations, at any rate.

Has as anyone called or stopped into the tearoom yet?

ETA: I just read that Linda messaged them. I will hold off contact to see if anything comes of that.
While I haven't been to this particular tea room, we had one in Midland (Texas) several years ago. From the description of Chelsea's, it was pretty much the same type of place. It was a shop set up like a Victorian parlor room. You could rent it out for the day. The one in Midland catered to preschoolers up to young teenagers. Each guest had a makeup and manicure, and costume attire picked out by the workers (mostly high school and college girls). They had a fashion show of their sophisticated garb, and sat down for tea and crumpets (kool-aid and cookies). There was an area over in the corner for the adults to have tea and snacks, and watch the activities. There was a separate area to purchase tea related items, and various teas.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise stated.*

The had a second wedding in Las Vegas. It has never made sense to me unless she had ties to Vegas and wanted to return for some reason. I wonder if the first wedding they had on a Monday was actually kept secret from the rest of the family and they ran off to marry again in Vegas to make it "official" to the family?
Did you find a license for the Vegas wedding? I cannot. Maybe it was just a ceremony for fun. If there was no license it was more a renewal of vows it sounds like.

An informative article about the Texas Business Women of Fannin County from 2014. And I see that the Bonham newspaper has revamped itself.
http://fannincountyleader.info/texa...holarship-and-makes-big-changes-p5117-108.htm

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise stated. *
"Photos by Lori Ruff".....
http://www.ntxe-news.com/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi?archive=39&num=62028&printer=1

I have always tried to give the Ruffs a certain amount of privacy with the idea that they were victims of Lori's identity theft. For that reason, I never looked too deeply into the family. That said, I just looked up the value of their homes. From the records I found, JBR's parents never had an address that topped $160,000 in value on Zillow. There is also an apartment associated with their names (which may be Blake's) that goes for under $900 a month. I know housing is cheap in some parts of Texas but this seems very cheap to me. The house is not a house of a wealthy family, IMO. I think we have all been bamboozled. It's not a hoax that they exist but if they exaggerated their importance in the community and their wealth when talking to reporters it makes me wonder what else they exaggerated. How did we get the idea the Ruffs were wealthy to begin with?!? Was it all a creation of the reporter to add sensation to the story or was it their answers to questions that gave that impression?
This is my personal conversation that I just had with my friend who is from Longview, and has a wife in real estate:
71d8391fe81100b807c4ce81dc5b6b4b.jpg

He added:
Hallsville, White Oak, and Spring Hill are going to be your more afluent areas. Pine Tree and parts of Longview will be middle class and some upper, and everything in the south side of Highway 80 is the ghetto.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise stated.*

LOL Linda~~~I didn't even see your post when I made my post this morning...Looks like we were on the same page. Just getting caught up and saw your post now. :)

BCA, I'm glad you posted the images because after I looked at the link Linda Posted I closed it out and went to look again suddenly I could not view those pages. I don't know if it was user error (i.e.me) or Google Books just changing the pages that are viewable. Good you got it posted here for posterity though :)

Did you find a license for the Vegas wedding? I cannot. Maybe it was just a ceremony for fun. If there was no license it was more a renewal of vows it sounds like.

I did not find it. I thought I had seen one but I only found the Texas one. It could have been just a vow renewal.

I did not find it. I thought I had seen one but I only found the Texas one. It could have been just a vow renewal.

Would you take a look at L@urie Kennedy 1959 Irving Texas? I have two no votes and looking for a third. Thanks!

"Photos by Lori Ruff".....
http://www.ntxe-news.com/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi?archive=39&num=62028&printer=1

Are we 100% for sure she had breast implants? In the photos from this link there is one where she is holding up wjat looks like a dream catcher key chain or very small dream catcher.

You can tell she is wearing 2 shirts as her outer shirt is so thin you can see tje shirt that is under it, which looks to be a button up that's way too small and hits her midriff. Her breast placement is very low for someone who has had implants. For granted as one ages the skin relaxes and they do drop a lot compared to fresh swollen new boob jobs and over time they relax a bit more but hers seem really low.

When a plastic surgeon measures you for a augmentation he uses not just a formula but also takes into consideration your existing healthy breast tissue, how tight or giving your skin is, the size selected of implants and also makes decissions based on if you've chosen over or under muscle.

He is trying to achieve a end result (after complete healing) of a triangle of equal proportions using the collar bone as the top point of the collar bone. Hers do not look proportionate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Are we 100% for sure she had breast implants? In the photos from this link there is one where she is holding up wjat looks like a dream catcher key chain or very small dream catcher.

You can tell she is wearing 2 shirts as her outer shirt is so thin you can see tje shirt that is under it, which looks to be a button up that's way too small and hits her midriff. Her breast placement is very low for someone who has had implants. For granted as one ages the skin relaxes and they do drop a lot compared to fresh swollen new boob jobs and over time they relax a bit more but hers seem really low.

When a plastic surgeon measures you for a augmentation he uses not just a formula but also takes into consideration your existing healthy breast tissue, how tight or giving your skin is, the size selected of implants and also makes decissions based on if you've chosen over or under muscle.

He is trying to achieve a end result (after complete healing) of a triangle of equal proportions using the collar bone as the top point of the collar bone. Hers do not look proportionate.

You know....if I had never been told she had implants, I would agree with you on this observation. The only thing that I can think of is that perhaps she had the type that were placed just behind the fatty tissue, and not the muscles on the chest wall. My surgeon had explained to me that going just behind the fatty tissue would definitely cause sagging with age. But weren't the implants discovered at autopsy? Or confirmed at autopsy?

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

We've seen it reported they were discovered at autopsy and that she got them while being FLEK. But now I wonder if this is true and accurate as so much we think we know we dont. We've not seen the coroner's complete report, I want to believe this tidbit of information about implants are true but just seeing the photos from the link make me question if she did in fact have implants.

I have mine under the muscle, I have friends and friends mothers who are over the muscle and I've just never seen any of them, even a lady who I know for a fact jas had hers for 25 years and over the muscle, sit the way were seeing hers sit.

We've seen it reported they were discovered at autopsy and that she got them while being FLEK. But now I wonder if this is true and accurate as so much we think we know we dont. We've not seen the coroner's complete report, I want to believe this tidbit of information about implants are true but just seeing the photos from the link make me question if she did in fact have implants.

I have mine under the muscle, I have friends and friends mothers who are over the muscle and I've just never seen any of them, even a lady who I know for a fact jas had hers for 25 years and over the muscle, sit the way were seeing hers sit.

I agree with you. Mine are saline, under the muscle. Not the high profile implants. Even after 12 years, and weight fluctuations, they are still in the close general vicinity of their original placement.

They have a serial number and lot number, etc., that IF we were to be able to get our hands on from the autopsy report, would take us to the plastic surgeon. But then what? Does HIPPA still apply after a patient's death? It's not so much her medical history that we want to know as it is to grab hold of anyone at all that can give us the slightest clue into who she may have been. Bread crumbs. We're looking for bread crumbs.

I have the saline low profile as well with the graduating edges. Like you I've had weight fluctuations up and down, some were major weight gains and losses. Still mine are pretty much where they started. Mine have had plenty of reason to drop but haven't. I also have sensory issues so I don't wear a bra often either, so mine have really had the opportunity to drop on me.

That being said...
Back in the threads it was said she got them after them was FLEK. So her serial numbers would track back to the FLEK alias. But I really question if she DID have implants and DID they really trace them back by serial number.

They didn't know she was not who she presented herself as upon her death and she was processed and then cremated in fast order.

So it begs the question, did they remove her implants before cremation and keep them?

Things are not adding up for me.

Respectfully snipped:

That being said...
Back in the threads it was said she got them after them was FLEK. So her serial numbers would track back to the FLEK alias. But I really question if she DID have implants and DID they really trace them back by serial number.

They didn't know she was not who she presented herself as upon her death and she was processed and then cremated in fast order.

So it begs the question, did they remove her implants before cremation and keep them?

Things are not adding up for me.

I concur 110%! Absolutely excellent question!

BCA, I'm glad you posted the images because after I looked at the link Linda Posted I closed it out and went to look again suddenly I could not view those pages. I don't know if it was user error (i.e.me) or Google Books just changing the pages that are viewable. Good you got it posted here for posterity though :)

That is what happened to me too! I had planned to post the pics but got blocked from the article!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if the Ruffs are not as wealthy and well known as they claim to be, it strikes as if they used the media outlet as a chance to exaggerate their position, which brings to question everything they said about Lori. Bad move on their part.

Regarding the Dream Catcher picture: you can also see the position of her breasts in pictures like the one with Blake, where she's wearing a stripped sweater. I agree, they are a bit low and would be rather odd looking if they were implants. But judging by the autopsy report the implants are a fact I guess.

In the Dream Catcher picture she looks a little freaked out, albeit it's the only clear evidence of her long fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx