Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #4 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the warrant, which KHOU 11 has not yet obtained, Houston police investigators outlined how Vence was seen on a neighbor's security camera the day before Maleah was reported missing carrying a blue laundry basket and a large trash bag out of their apartment. They said he was also seen carrying cleaning supplies, including bleach.

The day after she was reported missing, detectives went into the apartment and saw drops of blood on the carpet near the bathroom, detectives said in the warrant.

When the car Vence was reportedly driving at the time he claimed he was attacked was found on Friday, a laundry basket was found inside. Police K-9 dogs at the scene reacted to the trunk of the car, indicating that the dogs were responding to the scent of human decomposition.

A court-appointed attorney requested Vence's bond be set at $5,000, however the judge said that due to the nature of the case and a "significant concern that Mr. Vence will not appear in court," she set his bond at $1 million.
Judge sets $1 million bond for stepfather charged in Maleah Davis disappearance

At least it answers a few of the questions as far as the timeline.

1:40 p.m. he took out the laundry basket on Friday. 3 minutes later he came back out with the bleach. And next he came out with his two-year-old son.

On Sunday, BB met at the apartment with CSI and saw drops of blood which they did a test for.

Interesting group of characters. Maybe they were other criminals waiting for their turn? Jmo

Yes, looks like Bond Court, everyone waiting to see the judge and (hopefully) get bail.

When the search warrant details were being recited I saw two men put their hands over their heads and lower their heads, I think DV is going to have a heck of a time in jail.

Yes, looks like Bond Court, everyone waiting to see the judge and (hopefully) get bail.

When the search warrant details were being recited I saw two men put their hands over their heads and lower their heads, I think DV is going to have a heck of a time in jail.

I saw that too. I wish we had close-ups of all the people's reactions.

There was a small audience, maybe around a dozen people. Hard to tell if anyone was anyone we've heard of -- definitely did not recognize anyone from BB's side of the family. There was one guy in the front row who made some odd gestures for a few moments, maybe just to indicate he couldn't hear? But I am not sure what he was doing.

I'm thinking the guy in the white shirt, or maybe the one next to him, is the brother. They both looked a bit emotional. Also, the blonde girl all the way at the other end is crying...maybe the unknown female driver?

I have, but TOS will not allow me to say where - no msm source.

I have seen another cases for Tim, with equusearch, makes people meet at a place and then go somewhere else. And they have to sign a nondisclosure to not talk about it. Those are just other cases that I have followed and I assume that is standard operating procedure with them. M o o, iirc

Many times they do not want that information in the media of where they are searching.

There was a small audience, maybe around a dozen people. Hard to tell if anyone was anyone we've heard of -- definitely did not recognize anyone from BB's side of the family. There was one guy in the front row who made some odd gestures for a few moments, maybe just to indicate he couldn't hear? But I am not sure what he was doing.

I think the audience are people who waiting to have their hearings. The one woman is separate from the men. They would not leave him in an unsecured area where there were other people who were not in custody. He was standing on the red spot which I assume is where one stands when the case is heard. The public defender is in front of where they would stand in case he needs to discuss anything.

Oh well! He should probably start working out right away.

PSA:

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Any exception must first be approved by an administrator. You can contact an administrator via private message, or send an email to websleuthscomments@gmail.com

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Let’s not get this thread shut down for cleanup people.

Thanks So much Knox.....this Judge is my new HERO!!!!

Seems DV really didn't understand the question about whether he needed a public defender to represent him.

His first response to whether he needed a court appointed lawyer was "not now."

Judge asked him again if he needed a court appointed lawyer for the 180th District Court and he replied "hire a lawyer," and finally nodded his head when asked if he wanted the public defender to represent him during the current bond hearing.

Anybody notice the body language of men seated around him when Judge was reciting the evidence against DV? Man in white t-shirt was literally plugging his ears, and two other guys were burying their heads in their hands.

DV won't be popular in custody. :eek:

Thank heavens for that judge. She managed to sound like a total pro AND mad enough to spit nails at the same time.

Other details from the court appearance worth noting:
* The video of DV leaving the apartment with the laundry basket was at approximately 1:40 PM on Friday, May 3.
* BB was in the apartment at the time LE first entered it.
* LE found blood evidence (using luminal or the like) heading down the hallway, on the carpet, and on multiple surfaces in the bathroom.
* DV says he plans to hire his own attorney.

Marcelino Benito‏Verified account @MarcelinoKHOU
Marcelino Benito Retweeted Marcelino Benito
MORE: Investigators also found clear evidence of blood drops and also traces of blood not visible by the eye in hallway and in bathroom. Blood is linked to #MaleahDavis #KHOU11

I'm curious if BB herself observed the "clear evidence of blood drops" while she was in the apartment? Was that mentioned in the QX taping? I thought he said there was evidence left behind after LE searched the apartment which clearly indicated they found blood?

Marcelino Benito‏Verified account @MarcelinoKHOU
Marcelino Benito Retweeted Marcelino Benito
MORE: Investigators also found clear evidence of blood drops and also traces of blood not visible by the eye in hallway and in bathroom. Blood is linked to #MaleahDavis #KHOU11

I'm curious if BB herself observed the "clear evidence of blood drops" while she was in the apartment? Was that mentioned in the QX taping? I thought he said there was evidence left behind after LE searched the apartment which clearly indicated they found blood?

Leave it to this loser to not even be able to clean up a mess properly. I mean, he's been making the biggest mess of his life all week, so it isn't a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwaysseeking