Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #4 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very troubled with this whole line of thinking that only a bio father should bathe a daughter. I honestly do not think here in the UK we would generally agree with that at all. It implies all step dads could be perverts. In this case, we're talking about one individual who has *probably* abused a little girl considering the facts we do know, altho the only person to outwardly claim this SO FAR is BB.
I agree!

He wouldn’t have those kinds of cuts in that high quantity over his torso unless he had been “bushwhacking” without clothes on :rolleyes:
I feel that he did this all to himself prior to hospital as “evidence”
Idiot.
Moo

Why would he scratch himself? He said the kidnappers knocked him out - maybe I missed where he said there was an altercation.

Who knows what story he ultimately landed on or what his full statement is. The photos show some of the "scratches" had to be taped closed. They look very sort of methodical to me. All in the same direction.

I don't think a baby her age did that. It just looks purposeful to me.

Wouldn’t BB have been seen on the video when she was leaving for the airport?

Yeah thats what i assume the majority of us are waiting to hear about. She will have been seen but strangely no times have been released on when she left...leading me to believe she left after an was therefore very much privvy to Maleah being home with DV

yep yep yep, that is where I lean too
This makes me wonder if he actually did encounter 3 men that night and he feared they would reveal him so he pointed the fingers at them just in case. By encounter I mean they saw him doing/ acting suspiciously and he made a mental note he had crossed paths for use later on. Obviously speculating on my part.

It's unfortunate that many of us have that mindset about boyfriends and them taking control over your child, but too many of us in here have read the crimes against children thread, and there are way too many little boys and girls that mom and dad's let their boyfriends/girlfriends take charge over kids that they shouldn't, and they turn up dead.

Have been trying to get caught up.... have been out of town for days. I am so sad to read about the cadaver hit in the car, the blood in the apartment, the laundry basket, gas and 2 clorox bottles. I am happy to hear the POI is in custody.

As far as "mom", all I could think of when I watched the video of her and that Q-guy releasing information before LE is "the best defense is a good offense". I have no good feelings toward or about Maleah's mom. In my minds eye she is no less culpable than the POI. Shame on her.

I hope Maleah can be recovered but given the gas cans and the time she has been gone, and lack of co-operation and the smoke and mirrors, I am afraid her recovery may prove difficult.

This makes me wonder if he actually did encounter 3 men that night and he feared they would reveal him so he pointed the fingers at them just in case. By encounter I mean they saw him doing/ acting suspiciously and he made a mental note he had crossed paths for use later on. Obviously speculating on my part.

interesting hypothesis. They say there is always a kernel or two of truth behind even the most fantastic of lies. Food for thought.

If CD came to pick up MD's brother around 7 on on Friday, and all 3 kids were under the care of DV, the 5-year old would certainly know and could say that his sister wasn't around and he hadn't seen her for a few days. So, DV either told the little boy his sister was sick and not to bother her or some other lie. Maybe I missed something and the 5-year old was actually staying somewhere else.

Also, I'm sure this was discussed and I may have missed it, if DV did something to MD on Friday, who watched MD while he was at work? Was this negligent in BB's part to not make arrangements for MD on those days knowing DV was going to be at work?

I am an ER nurse and see abused women all the time. Let me say this. We have a problem in American on issues concerning women. There are many barriers to leaving. It is a fallicy that women can just get up and leave. The barriers are often financial and availability of housing. There are so very few shelters that accept women with shelter and have therapeutic services. In my city, it is impossible for women to just get up and leave. Numerous times, I have paid for hotel rooms for women in the middle of the night.
On a side note, I just don't think women should leave their children home with men who are not their fathers. Especially, when there is a history of aggression towards the children that are not their own.
I don't believe in spanking. However, culturally spanking is acceptable.
I come from a family of CPS workers. It is interesting that the CPS complaint was "unfounded" and determined to be due to a fall.
My biggest question is did BB have a job or was Derion the primary bread winner in the home.
Recently, we had a case like this in my city. The mother left the children with her boyfriend. He had a history of violence. He killed all 4 children in the middle of the night.
In my clinical practice, I report whenever there is a hint of question. Let CPS figure it out. However, my colleagues who are not so diligent.
I just think we as a society need to report any concerns. We have to do more to protect the most vulnerable in society, elders and chidren.
The sad thing is I am no longer surprised when this stuff happens. I spend my focus on forensically searching the dynamics of the family and how they got to this point.
It's really helpful to hear this from your perspective, I'm glad you shared this thanks.
Re the cps determining the injury was due to a fall, I am also glad you clarified this. I raised a question yesterday about evidence of abuse and was referred to the opening thread posts but I was confused by the cps finding.
As much as I have definite opinions (about most things!), I prefer to look at facts and listen carefully to people such as yourself with first hand experience.

Time-stamped photos

Miya Shay on Twitter
More heartbreak on this #MothersDay: images of #MaleahDavis on 4/30, last day she was seen alive. Stepdad Derion Vence is the adult in the video. #abc13 coverage: https://abc13.com/5294616/
D6YZTPoWwAQ9kxH.jpg
D6YZTPoWwAYf2LA.jpg

11:48 PM - 12 May 2019

What a sweet little ballerina! I wish she had run away to a neighbors or something instead of going into that apartment to her death. :(:mad:

I'm very troubled with this whole line of thinking that only a bio father should bathe a daughter. I honestly do not think here in the UK we would generally agree with that at all. It implies all step dads could be perverts. In this case, we're talking about one individual who has *probably* abused a little girl considering the facts we do know, altho the only person to outwardly claim this SO FAR is BB.
In the US, we have evidence to support this notion. Unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member