Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #4 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve lurked here for a while. I take long breaks. But this is my first post.

This little girl ... Maleah ... I know I am not alone in wishing she was spending today with a loving mother, in a safe home, making artwork out of her handprints. I think she must have had so much to bear in her short life. May she be found and laid to rest. Her fight is over now and she deserves to be at peace.

I was one who had sympathy for her mother, at first, because she took Maleah to the hospital and maybe because when my father died I was a total wreck and not thinking clearly and I thought grief may have affected her decision making. And I know the power of denial can be immense. But that sympathy evaporated with her admissions that she knew her daughter was being abused. Now everything she has done appears self-serving and I wonder if she knew ... everything. It seems at least that she may have helped him after the fact. They both come across as idiots and if the crime was not so horrifying I would laugh at his/their ineptitude.

But I cannot laugh.

When is BB going to get arrested..no sympathy at all for this monster too! She left her children with a monster she knew what he was capable off. If there was domestic abuse and he hit her then thats even a bigger red flag to get those precious children out of there.. I don't care if she was scared.what about how scared that little angel was left alone with that thing..my mum left my bio father a year I was born for the abuse he put her through..she says she had to leave and take me with her as she was going to end up in an early grave or something would happen to me..bare In mind this was the end of the troubles in Belfast and as my grandparents where strict she had no one they had the outlook of you made your bed you lie In it they had too much going on. But she took us and we went to different places to sleep until she got us a house..she fought "My dad" in court she brought me up on her own and I'm not saying this as a pity party I had a great childhood and an amazing mum and then an amazing step dad but anyone who puts there child's life in danger deserves to be locked up also and the key thrown away.. these cases make me so angry because no matter what happens as an adult you brought a little life into this world..a little child that counted on you for protection..aaaah I wish I could be in a room with them both..but I need to stop because I will say to to much..sorry for the long winded post...little baby girl I hope your in a place that you can have freedom and not scared anymore and justice is served little angel..for you deserved none of this xx

I’ve lurked here for a while. I take long breaks. But this is my first post.

This little girl ... Maleah ... I know I am not alone in wishing she was spending today with a loving mother, in a safe home, making artwork out of her handprints. I think she must have had so much to bear in her short life. May she be found and laid to rest. Her fight is over now and she deserves to be at peace.

I was one who had sympathy for her mother, at first, because she took Maleah to the hospital and maybe because when my father died I was a total wreck and not thinking clearly and I thought grief may have affected her decision making. And I know the power of denial can be immense. But that sympathy evaporated with her admissions that she knew her daughter was being abused. Now everything she has done appears self-serving and I wonder if she knew ... everything. It seems at least that she may have helped him after the fact. They both come across as idiots and if the crime was not so horrifying I would laugh at his/their ineptitude.

But I cannot laugh.

Welcome! Thanks for posting.

Long time lurker, too.... When will this stop!? This beautiful baby should be having a lovely day celebrating loving her mom and being loved in return. As a mom, my heart is breaking today for what she went through. May our grief over the loss of these sweet little ones spur us on to action. There are so many who suffer in silence, who grow up in these conditions and never get hurt enough to be noticed. We need to be vigilant to stop these murders but to also stop this abuse before it escalates to this level. Every child deserves to be safe, loved, and free from fear.

(still catching up)

I looked into that and there was one delayed flight (by 1hr4min) landing that night from Charlotte, NC. It landed at 11:10pm. There is a flight on the same route before that one and it landed at 8:38pm.

Btw DV claimed he was near the airport around 9pm when he got 'kidnapped' which would be super early for the delayed flight but great timing for the one before it.

Hope LE checked who actually was on board which plane and not just looked at booking info.

MOO
Thanks - I would think LE checked that info outo_O

Long time lurker, too.... When will this stop!? This beautiful baby should be having a lovely day celebrating loving her mom and being loved in return. As a mom, my heart is breaking today for what she went through. May our grief over the loss of these sweet little ones spur us on to action. There are so many who suffer in silence, who grow up in these conditions and never get hurt enough to be noticed. We need to be vigilant to stop these murders but to also stop this abuse before it escalates to this level. Every child deserves to be safe, loved, and free from fear.

Welcome! Thanks for posting.

Oh Lord help. I enlarged it and can see what ya'll are seeing now. That looks like her little face on the further side (his rh side).

Wow. That is graphic. Not sure if that will stand up in court though. But his arms are flexed, like the item is heavier than "laundry". And who puts laundry in a plastic bag, in a laundry basket?

Just saying, that doesn't look like clothing to me.

Does a Judge even care, really?
Same thing happened in AJ Freund case. And how many thousand other abuse cases resulting in continued abuse or death?

This is where I'm stuck. What I have been researching/reading about are these safety plans. This is the way I'm understanding it, so my opinion, not fact. When CPS is called in and there is a concern, parents sign a safety plan with CPS that outlines conditions. It also includes child's residence, supervised or unsupervised. If parents refuse to sign CPS can get a court order. These plans also include classes and/or other conditions parents must meet. However a judge was involved so I don't know how that fit into this particular case.

There is no link because I read many articles which all describe basically the same thing. Googled CPS and safety plans.

Why was there not supervised visitation until all conditions (safety plan) were met? How can we change laws and policy to protect the children? Who oversees a judge's decision? Is there accountability? I do not believe that seeing a child once a month is worth the paper it is written on. CPS lacks funding, then let some state/county/city pot holes go and fund CPS! We are tax payers, protecting our children should be at the top of the list.

Interesting observation. Perhaps one of our legal experts could weigh in on why his current address would not be documented in that form.

@v0x I’m confused also.

Do we know if the apartment was in BB’s name?
Was he allowed to live with her & the kids? Or, per CPS, was she to reside/parent alone?
In my state, the address on drivers license would be used for booking unless the subject flat out told them his address differed.

Im a Lurker but in regards to the guy making hand signals, I actually took this as him asking to leave the room as he didnt want to hear what was being said, Quite a few of them looked uncomfortable during the details.

Edit: I dont think any of those are family etc either just others waiting their turn.
They were also waiting their turn and most of them were visibly uncomfortable when the circumstances of the case were being read. I wonder if the man gesturing was telling a family member to step out due what was being said because of how horrible it was.

Eta: MOO

@v0x I’m confused also.

Do we know if the apartment was in BB’s name?
Was he allowed to live with her & the kids? Or, per CPS, was she to reside/parent alone?
In my state, the address on drivers license would be used for booking unless the subject flat out told them his address differed.

Maleah Davis missing: Car reported stolen in case of missing Texas girl found

With it saying “they” I’m assuming is talking about BB and DV. Correct? It says the kids were returned in February, but remained in state custody. This is a confusing case.

Attachments

• 8EA1E265-7604-4DDA-8558-FCDF8F685345.png
    8EA1E265-7604-4DDA-8558-FCDF8F685345.png
    542 KB · Views: 35
Re: the cuts on DV

When I went through a brief cutting stage as a teen, I would use a razor blade and make small, scratch-like cuts on myself just like the ones on his torso. They were always either straight up and down or very obviously indicating what ‘handed’ I am.

Cutter here.
I thought the same thing when I saw the pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyuglybefore