Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #4 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a sad world if step dads can't bathe step children without people throwing out accusations :(. If she had suspicions, of course bells would ring...but in which case, why would she allow him near any of her kids?

Yes, why?

@3:16

Just learning that there were visible drops of blood. BB was there, she called to be let inside, and she does not tell them about the fight, pictures, and the threatening messages, (I'm not so sure there were any.), after there is blood found in her apt., the child has been abused by him, and she's missing now. Iirc, she even defended him after that. Maybe he's had her under his thumb, but she never has spoken of any abuse towards her. Emotional nor physical.
This is very curious/interesting to me. I’ve wondered about this because *if* (JMO) she did know more about what happened or was there when something did transpire, wouldn’t DV have turned on her, and used that as leverage/reasonable doubt? Might be jumping too far ahead to trial strategy or plea deal considerations, but the dynamics between the two of them and how things have played out with them thus far have just surprised me.

Police also say they observed drops of blood in the hallway leading to the bathroom of Vence's apartment and on various surfaces of the bathroom.

Officials say they then used a chemical agent that was sprayed and reacted to blood in the hallway and bathroom of the apartment. They say the chemical reacted to the presence of blood that could not be seen by the eye.

New photos show last time Maleah Davis seen alive outside family's apartment

So many times this. I fundamentally disagree with there being something wrong with a stepfather bathing a child. In my mind, it has more to do with the person in question, specifically, and less to do with his status as a stepfather.

I guess everyone has to decide what works in their household. If my child needed to wear a helmet due to severe head trauma, I’d do all bathing, a tub is slippery when wet.
I personally have no male friends that would even contemplate bathing a girl that is not their own child.
Jmo

Just randomly jumping in here...have we talked about what looks like blood on his pants?
Several members have speculated that he has visible red (possible blood) on the leg of his pants in the video still shot of him carrying the laundry basket outside apartment. I concluded he is wearing pants similar to this pair but that is JMO and I could be mistaken.

0133491920015NEW_00_001.jpg

google image

alleged%20surveillance%20footage%20of%20vence%20with%20hamper%20and%20bag_1557524303709.jpg_7244952_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

still image from Fox 26 Houston

I interpret as she was aware he had sexual interest in the child. Jmo, of course.
Yes, the only reason I’m hesitant to fully jump into that line of reasoning is because in my line of work, I’ve seen parents falsely accuse another parent (step or biological) of that sort of thing for a variety of reasons. JMO. It’s hard for me to believe anything she says. One second he’s gay, the next potentially a pedophile (based on her insinuations). Just seems to be all over the map and more of a deflection than anything else.

rsbm

I don't have time to look for an actual link, so this is just by my memory - but no. I seem to remember it was an aunt who was told she couldn't see (pick up?) Maleah.

JMM/JMO
The aunt is the biofather's sister. So they may have both come to pick up the oldest son, and were told they couldn't see her because she was sick. JMO

I guess everyone has to decide what works in their household. If my child needed to wear a helmet due to severe head trauma, I’d do all bathing, a tub is slippery when wet.
I personally have no male friends that would even contemplate bathing a girl that is not their own child.
Jmo
I have just the opposite.....when you have several young children to bath you throw them in there together. The Quanell video infuriated me with this topic. To use a basic necessity as bathing without actually saying molestation occurred was ridiculous! He was just a distraction with full knowledge that he was assisting something sinister. He should be ashamed of himself!!

IMO there's a reason we have never been told what time BB left...by LE and by BB.

If she was in the clear, I'm sure we would know by now. We would have known as soon as we found out there was camera footage.

I'll stop there. Hopefully somethings i've read locally will come out soon.

Those are called filters. People use them all the time, almost makes them unrecognizable
Yes, when I first saw that picture I thought it couldn't possibly be the same person. But you can tell by her eyes that it is.
I wonder what year that was taken. Maybe they have been together for longer than 3 or 4 years?

It's been linked that DV bathed Maleah? Can anyone else help with a source for this?

It is stated by Qaunell X in this statement/presser acting as spokesperson for mother BB

adding additional links re bathing Maleah:
“He would sneak that child home [from daycare] and not tell the mother,” Quanell said. “He would bathe Maleah, which was inappropriate. That’s not his daughter.”
Maleah Davis: Stepdad allegedly caught on video with large garbage bag and bleach, as little girl remains missing for a week

Quanell added: 'There were times where (Vence) would say (Maleah) was at day care, but he would bring her back, not drop her off at day care, but bring her back home with him. There is reason to believe, based on what I know now, there's issues of him possibly molesting young Maleah.'
Stepfather of missing Maleah Davis is ARRESTED and charged with 'tampering with a corpse' | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
I have just the opposite.....when you have several young children to bath you throw them in there together. The Quanell video infuriated me with this topic. To use a basic necessity as bathing without actually saying molestation occurred was ridiculous! He was just a distraction with full knowledge that he was assisting something sinister. He should be ashamed of himself!!
Agreed. If they were left in his care, it would be neglectful of him not to bath them IMO.

Last edited:
It really doesn’t matter. People are slick. They know when to expect CPS, the house & kids are all cleaned up, fridge is stocked & it looks like the Brady Bunch home. Or, like in the AJ case, the parent says the kid is sleeping (which might imply he’s in recovery from his last beating). Even if they checked 3X a day, an abuser can find ways. Ply a kid with candy or ice cream, he’ll look like the happiest kid on the block. Abuse does not have to leave marks. In my town, the head honcho at CPS has the nastiest houses in her subdivision. She lives in deplorable conditions, so she expects less or doesn’t recognize what another person might. To be fair, I do think the judge makes his decision based on CPS findings.

...WTF?

Doesn't CPS get treatment in things like "how to recognize hoarding", for example? I live in a large apartment complex in NYC with a lot of senior citizens, and they tell me our maintenance staff is trained to recognize hoarders. Also, whenever the city is involved in awarding any type of subsidized housing (NYCHA, middle class HUD-based programs, etc.), they require a home visit by a third party firm. Shouldn't the government require the same thing from a CPS field worker before licensing?

I do think you are right about CPS visits in the main; but I've heard stories from the aforementioned subsidized housing inspectors... "I've seen it all," one said. "One place I went, they were storing tires on the bed." And these people knew they were going to be getting a home visit, and when.

I think that in general, hoarders take a look around a house with things like tires stored upon a bed, and say "Eh, looks good enough to me..." I think it takes a really evil minded person to clean up until it looks like you could eat off the floor, send the kid to bed to hide the fact they are recovering from concussions, smear their faces with chocolate to cover up bruises (a tactic made infamous in the case of England's poor sweet "Baby P")... where are the standards in CPS evaluation?? This disgusts me.

As for poor sweet Maleah, I don't think there's any doubt what happened with at minimum DV, whose brain trust thought it was a great idea to be driven to the ER in the car he had reported stolen. :rolleyes: Clearly there were no abductors, nobody needs to find a body in the interim to know what to do and what has happened... lock him up. RIP sweet little beauty Maleah...

Yes, the only reason I’m hesitant to fully jump into that line of reasoning is because in my line of work, I’ve seen parents falsely accuse another parent (step or biological) of that sort of thing for a variety of reasons. JMO. It’s hard for me to believe anything she says. One second he’s gay, the next potentially a pedophile (based on her insinuations). Just seems to be all over the map and more of a deflection than anything else.

I understand. No one has to agree.
IMO, he had sexual interest in the child & BB was well aware of it. Moo
I don’t know if he’s gay, gay/pedo or what but I do believe he molested M. I can think of no other reason he needed to be alone with her. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rutburca