GUILTY TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm trying to be grateful for DV getting 40 years in prison (minus whatever discount he gets) but it's really hard to swallow his claim that Maleah's death was "accidental." Someone assaulting a child and also restricting her airway knows that it would result in death and it burns me up that the law doesn't agree. Accidental my butt.

And as for Maleah's mother, well... y'all know. MOO.

I'm glad this monster was put away but like many of you, I don't feel it's enough.
DV went to great lengths to cover what he did, making up that ridiculous story about being abducted by hispanic men.

They had the person who picked him up hitchhiking and dropped him off at the hospital. They had Maleah's blood in the apartment.

They had DV on video carrying the laundry basket with the black trash bag in it. They had the car with the laundry basket inside. He confessed to Quanell X and told him where to find Maleah's body. They had Maleah's remains and the black trash bag (what was left of it after being run over by a mower). :(

The ME ruled that her death was the result of homicidal violence. The autopsy revealed that Maleah's airway was restricted with an unknown object.

All of that is not enough to prove intent and support a murder charge? In TEXAS? MOO
Her "mother" wasn't that great either. I have no doubt that Maleah was abused by DV and it was ignored by her "mother". Who, BTW, has a child with DV.
^^RSBM

I'm afraid that Mom's early support of DV and the delay locating Maleah hindered the State from filing more serious charges against the defendant. I don't think we'll ever know the truth of what happened to this sweet child that touched so many lives. Historically, we know baby killers do not do well in prison. MOO

MAY 30, 2021
Quanell X organizes vigil two years after Maleah Davis' death | khou.com
A vigil was held Sunday night for Maleah Davis.

[...]

The vigil was organized by activist Quanell X and came days after Derion Vence pleaded guilty to tampering with a corpse and injury to a child. He was sentenced to 40 years in prison.

The story of Maleah shook not only the entire Houston community but the world.

[...]

MAY 31, 2021
Maleah Davis: Houstonians still think of the 4-year-old after her tragic death - ABC13 Houston
[...]

"Her nickname was 'Pretty-Pretty.' She was pretty from her head to her toes," said CD, her paternal grandfather. "Anybody who ever met her or was around her knows she didn't deserve this. No child deserves to go through what she went through."

[...]

"Ain't enough time in the day," CD said, shaking his head. "Justice was not served."

Apartment managers presented Maleah's family with pieces of a mural dedicated to her.

"I was hurt. I feel like it was not enough," said SP, an activist. "The justice I wanted for him was the death penalty. I have no pity on people that harm kids, none."

[...]

"We all knew her. She's our baby girl and always will be. It seems like yesterday," said JO, who works at the apartment complex.

Her "mother" wasn't that great either. I have no doubt that Maleah was abused by DV and it was ignored by her "mother". Who, BTW, has a child with DV.

INMO, anyone who reports a fake crime, against a person of another race, should be charged with a hate crime. This should be recognized for the racism it obviously is trying to perpetuate.

I hope DV's new Hispanic friends in lockup, remember DV trying to pin this crime on Hispanics.

DV, killed a beautiful little girl. "Suffocated with an unknown object". Disgusting.
The Houston-area activist said he believes Vence should have been given the death penalty and had the case go to trial. Quanell X also said Maleah’s mother should have faced charges as well for being complicit.

“I believe that definitely Brittany should be charged. Brittany was totally complicit in the murder of her own child,” he said.

He alleges Brittany knew that Vence was abusing Maleah prior to her death but did nothing because she didn’t want Vence to go to jail.
Maleah Davis update: Derion Vence pleads guilty, sentenced to 40 years in prison, officials say

Quanell and I agree with you!! IMO, she should have faced FTP charges at the very least!

Maleah Davis update: Derion Vence pleads guilty, sentenced to 40 years in prison, officials say

May 27, 2021

[..]

Quanell X, an activist and leader of the New Black Panther Nation, said Vence confessed to him to hurting Maleah two years ago.

“Well, he got angry at Brittany (Maleah’s mother) and when the baby kept asking him about Brittany, he struck Maleah in the head,” Quanell X said. “He punched Maleah in the head. When she fell, she began to convulse. I believe having a seizure, and she was bleeding from her ears and from her nose, and that is the point where he strangled the beautiful young baby, killed her and he took her and dumped her body.”

The Houston-area activist said he believes Vence should have been given the death penalty and had the case go to trial. Quanell X also said Maleah’s mother should have faced charges as well for being complicit.

“I believe that definitely Brittany should be charged. Brittany was totally complicit in the murder of her own child,” he said.

He alleges Brittany knew that Vence was abusing Maleah prior to her death but did nothing because she didn’t want Vence to go to jail.

Tamisha Mendoza is Maleah’s cousin on her dad’s side of the family. Mendoza called the 40-year sentence a slap on the wrist.

“True justice will not be served until everyone had something to do with her disappearance and murder is brought before a judge and sentenced,” Mendoza said.

Intentional injury to a child, which causes serious injury by act or omission, is a first-degree felony. Vence was sentenced to 40 years in prison for intentional injury to a child and 20 years for tampering with a corpse. He will serve the sentences concurrently.

Quanell and I agree with you!! IMO, she should have faced FTP charges at the very least!

I agree. Dear Lord, even after she was dead it wasn't enough. He threw her by the side of the road and a MOWER ran over her body.

You all remember the one? The one that will never leave you? Maleah is my ONE. :(

I agree. Dear Lord, even after she was dead it wasn't enough. He threw her by the side of the road and a MOWER ran over her body.

You all remember the one? The one that will never leave you? Maleah is my ONE. :(
She is my One as well. Never cried so hard over a child I never met...I had to leave WS for awhile after everything started coming out. I’ll never forget that surveillance video...how she was walking so far behind this when walking to their apartment from the parking lot.....I knew then what he had been doing to her. Makes me sick that Vence has been the only one arrested.

She is my One as well. Never cried so hard over a child I never met...I had to leave WS for awhile after everything started coming out. I’ll never forget that surveillance video...how she was walking so far behind this *** when walking to their apartment from the parking lot.....I knew then what he had been doing to her. Makes me sick that Vence has been the only one arrested.

Maleah was not only abused. She was also disabled, a child with a disability, she had a brain injury, from a "fall". It annoys me to no end, that this important aspect of the victim, Maleah, was not acknowledged. DV did not only kill a child, he killed a disabled child. That should merit additional enhancements on his sentence.

Maleah was not only abused. She was also disabled, a child with a disability, she had a brain injury, from a "fall". It annoys me to no end, that this important aspect of the victim, Maleah, was not acknowledged. DV did not only kill a child, he killed a disabled child. That should merit additional enhancements on his sentence.
Completely agree!

Little Lucas Hernandez was 'the one', still hurts my heart. I cry every time I see a picture of him. Maleah also, poor baby girl, they both (bf, mom) abused and neglected her IMO.

Inmate says he gave Houston police tip about Maleah's whereabouts before Quanell

[snipped]
A Harris County Jail inmate says he supplied Houston police investigators with the Arkansas location where Derion Vence had allegedly dumped the trash bag containing little Maleah Davis’ remains five days before she was found.

The inmate, [removed name] , who is being held while awaiting transfer to a Texas prison, told the Houston Chronicle he met with investigators on May 26 to share information he gleaned from Vence that narrowed the search for the 4-year-old’s body to a rural highway near Hope. But authorities didn’t start their search in the neighboring state until May 31 when Houston activist Quanell X told authorities that Vence had given him the same location.

Based on the evidence Vence’s lawyer, Dorian Cotlar, said he has reviewed, he has no reason to dispute [inmate] account. And Quanell X likely learned nothing from Vence that police didn’t already know, he said.

Vence wandered over to [inmate] door as early as May 22 to score some extra chow, the inmate said Tuesday.... handed him crackers and soup — and eventually, Vence shared his side of what happened to the little girl...

“He says, ‘Man, I didn’t kill her,’” [inmate]who was sentenced Monday to 25 years in prison for aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon. Vence initially told him that Maleah “died in her sleep, that she had the flu.”

[inmate] said he was among the few inmates on the sixth floor who were not hounding Vence with threats.

I removed the inmates name...much more at link.
that's so sad.

"...said he was among the few INMATES ON THE SIXTH FLOOR who were not HOUNDING VENCE WITH THREATS"

Heh. Doesn't seem to be very popular with his fellow inmates.
Even hardened criminals feel basically the same way you or I do about child killers. Not only are a lot of convicts parents, someone who victimizes children is almost certainly low confidence and an easy target for grown *advertiser censored* men to victimize.

I'd like to know more about that 'fall.' Those two were probably responsible for that injury as well. :mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home
Back