Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t BB2 pick up BB at the airport late Friday evening/very early Saturday (1am)
- bad thunderstorms all that time - and take BB to her apt? Couldn’t get in because no keys.
BB Thought DV and kids were still circling at airport - guess she assumed that since her car wasn’t there? Why couldn’t she call or text DV? Doesn’t mention that information which is very important. Hiding something.

I would have called 911 right then.
Car gone. Kids gone. Bad weather. DV not answering texts or calls.
I would have been frantic. Why wasn’t she?
My issue is she thought he was circling the airport...then what? Did she think he’d just circle all night long? Wouldn’t care if she got a ride from BB2? Did she think he’d just decide to go home to sleep and leave her stranded? Was she not surprised HE wasn’t just as frantic to contact HER? After all, she is the one who flew across country and landed in a major storm. No one just says oh well, ride’s not here or traveler isn’t here, and goes home from the airport.

There should be many, many texts getting more and more worried from BB to DV in those hours after the flight landed and then all night long. Along with multiple phone calls and voicemails. How could she sleep thinking he was just somewhere waiting for her? Wasn’t it extremely worrisome that he wasn’t responding?

When I pick my husband up from the airport, we are in constant communication. Nothing about this part makes any sense to normal people. Imo.

@ilovechili I am pretty sure that DV's extended family members could rally and find $4500 in cash, with $45,000 in assets for a bond. What is telling here, is that no one is really going out there to help him. That says a lot about what they think. And maybe the type of person he is...

The discussion about poverty and bail is important, not something that anyone really brings up. It affects immigrants and minorities. An issue of invisible privilege that few acknowledge.
They would need to pay 45,000 cash, which I'm assuming would not be easy for them to come up with. As they are supportive of him and are insisting he is innocent, if they could get him out I think they would. Imo

I don't know. We are talking $4500 to get out. He might have decided to stay put for a reason. Its ugly out there for him right now with BB running around blaming him for all kinds of stuff. He has some really good attorneys and they don't come cheap. Maybe a strategy.....,who knows.
Isn’t it $4500 cash plus the remainder in assets? If he shows up to court, bondsman keeps the $4500 but owner keeps the assets? That might be hard to come by if none of his family owns a home.

That makes sense. But do we know if it gags her though? What was quoted was it gags the attorneys as the media. And she is neither.
True, but I was referring to her interview by the media. I suppose she can say all she wants on SM or to anyone who will listen, but wouldn't QX try to avoid her discussing anything related to CPS in an interview? Especially since he is the one who ran his mouth in the first place?
I think he was also trying to repair some of the damage caused by what he had said previously. Imo

True, and I think there are a lot of parents out there who put their needs first and think of their kids as extensions of themselves. I used to deal with them every day. Imo

Yup. You know kids with healthy parents don't typically end up in these situations.

Someone pointed out to me, as I criticized this mother for allowing an unrelated man into her children's life due to the risks to the child that that statistically poses, that dysfunctional parents are more likely to mate with other dysfunctional people (thus more healthy, funcional adults would be more inclined to pick partners that are safe around their kids).

There's a reason she picked DV. There's a reason she allowed him to be alone with her little girl. There's a reason she was steadfast that Maleah fell from a chair despite incongruent injuries. There's a reason she allowed this man to continue to be alone with her child despite these inexplicable injuries and CPS involvement.

There's a reason why she didn't call the police when he was whipping her medically fragile daughter. There's a reason why she didnt leave him despite this or despite the fact that she felt suspicious that he was bathing Maleah.

There's a reason why Maleah always appears well dressed and groomed in photos and surveillance but not once is seen at home with the damn helmet she's supposed to be wearing.

There's a reason why, despite her daughter being missing under the circumstances at play in this case, this woman passionately defended DV at length, on social media, lying by omission about all her "suspicions", and apparent facts about him whipping her child, them breaking up before she left (now she conveniently says it happened after she left), etc., etc.

Yeah. These cases fit patterns.

IMO it is not at all unreasonable to discuss things like narcissism, or in the case of people like Chris Watts, psychopathology, despite not having an official diagnosis, not even when we lack a professional psych on the thread.

Certain non-professional opinions about the possible mental conditions or personality defects of people in these cases can be logical given the patterns we see in these cases, I think.

My issue is she thought he was circling the airport...then what? Did she think he’d just circle all night long? Wouldn’t care if she got a ride from BB2? Did she think he’d just decide to go home to sleep and leave her stranded? Was she not surprised HE wasn’t just as frantic to contact HER? After all, she is the one who flew across country and landed in a major storm. No one just says oh well, ride’s not here or traveler isn’t here, and goes home from the airport.

There should be many, many texts getting more and more worried from BB to DV in those hours after the flight landed and then all night long. Along with multiple phone calls and voicemails. How could she sleep thinking he was just somewhere waiting for her? Wasn’t it extremely worrisome that he wasn’t responding?

When I pick my husband up from the airport, we are in constant communication. Nothing about this part makes any sense to normal people. Imo.
At some point she must have learned that he was in the hospital. Maybe he called her from there? Did she go to his family's home or call them to ask where he was? Or did she find out when he showed up at her mom's house? I don't know if we have heard the answers to those questions, or when they first made contact. All we know is that after about 3 hours after they came home, he started to avoid her. Maybe they first spoke when he was still in the hospital. Imo

At some point she must have learned that he was in the hospital. Maybe he called her from there? Did she go to his family's home or call them to ask where he was? Or did she find out when he showed up at her mom's house? I don't know if we have heard the answers to those questions, or when they first made contact. All we know is that after about 3 hours after they came home, he started to avoid her. Maybe they first spoke when he was still in the hospital. Imo
In the ABC interview with BB and QX, she/he said that BB, BB2, and JV (DV's brother) received a phone call while DV was at the hospital saying "that they were there." I don't think we know who called.

So, they all went to the hospital and she said there were a lot of police officers and they wouldn't let them talk to DV. She also said that DV never went back to the apartment after being released from the hospital. He went to BB2's house on Sunday.

After that, things get fuzzy. I'm not clear on how long they were at BB2's, but BB was still supporting him on Monday. On Tuesday, she made it clear that he was not with her, but at his brothers. MOO

Every morning and every evening I hope for news that she has been found and can be laid to rest. Hoping with all of you here and with all my might that one day it will be so. You are stuck in my mind like little Caylee, Maleah.

Isn’t it $4500 cash plus the remainder in assets? If he shows up to court, bondsman keeps the $4500 but owner keeps the assets? That might be hard to come by if none of his family owns a home.

Family members might own homes, but there would need to be enough equity in the home before it can be considered an asset.

One thought that I can’t shake is based off the pictures/videos LE has released to the press. We know a medically fragile 4 year old was brought home where only two adults lived. One adult went to work that day, one adult went to the airport. Clearly, DV knew the child was at home when he went to work. I think what LE is trying to find out is if mom knew the child was at home. No one is officially confirming when mom left for the airport, which LE must know because of videos and flight information. No one from the daycare is coming forward with the reason DV gave for not dropping her off. IMO, it is possible that MD was sick and neither adult wanted to stay home. The adults fight about THAT and neither stays with poor medically fragile and sick 4 year old MD. Something tragic happens to her while she’s alone and then it’s cover your butt time because they are already being investigated by CPS. We know DV hasn’t been charged with murder yet, and LE hasn’t released when mom went to the airport which could clear her in the eyes of the public. MOO is that LE wants to know if mom knew her daughter was home alone when she got on that plane.

BBM. I'd like to know what information along these lines was shared by the employees at the daycare, because I'm sure LE has talked to them. We know that the last time Maleah attended daycare was 4/26, but it seems likely that they saw DV after that date when he was dropping off Maleah's younger brother (possibly the older brother too; I don't think it's been confirmed that either or both of them attends the same daycare but I am speculating that at least the younger one does). When DV appeared to drop off or pick up the toddler, did he say anything about where Maleah was? Did he say she was sick? Did he leave her in the car while he did drop-off on Tuesday? Did the daycare workers notice anything out of the ordinary about his affect?

True, but I was referring to her interview by the media. I suppose she can say all she wants on SM or to anyone who will listen, but wouldn't QX try to avoid her discussing anything related to CPS in an interview? Especially since he is the one who ran his mouth in the first place?
I think he was also trying to repair some of the damage caused by what he had said previously. Imo

Gosh I don't know what he's doing. The whole thing is bizarre. I understand he has a lot of respect in the community and much is warranted, IMO, but he's not an attorney and he's implicating her in child endangerment.

Who is advocating for? BB? The community? Maleah? Himself?

If it's PR for BB it's certainly not working.

Yup. You know kids with healthy parents don't typically end up in these situations.

Someone pointed out to me, as I criticized this mother for allowing an unrelated man into her children's life due to the risks to the child that that statistically poses, that dysfunctional parents are more likely to mate with other dysfunctional people (thus more healthy, funcional adults would be more inclined to pick partners that are safe around their kids).

There's a reason she picked DV. There's a reason she allowed him to be alone with her little girl. There's a reason she was steadfast that Maleah fell from a chair despite incongruent injuries. There's a reason she allowed this man to continue to be alone with her child despite these inexplicable injuries and CPS involvement.

There's a reason why she didn't call the police when he was whipping her medically fragile daughter. There's a reason why she didnt leave him despite this or despite the fact that she felt suspicious that he was bathing Maleah.

There's a reason why Maleah always appears well dressed and groomed in photos and surveillance but not once is seen at home with the damn helmet she's supposed to be wearing.

There's a reason why, despite her daughter being missing under the circumstances at play in this case, this woman passionately defended DV at length, on social media, lying by omission about all her "suspicions", and apparent facts about him whipping her child, them breaking up before she left (now she conveniently says it happened after she left), etc., etc.

Yeah. These cases fit patterns.

IMO it is not at all unreasonable to discuss things like narcissism, or in the case of people like Chris Watts, psychopathology, despite not having an official diagnosis, not even when we lack a professional psych on the thread.

Certain non-professional opinions about the possible mental conditions or personality defects of people in these cases can be logical given the patterns we see in these cases, I think.
Yes, likeness attracts likeness or whatever the saying is. (Birds of a feather...)
I worked with at-risk kids, so I would have to say I would probably label a lot of those parents as Narcissistic. (or much worse) It is a pattern that just keeps going. I've seen hundreds of BB's and DV's. But more often it is just the mom or grandmother raising the child because the fathers are either absent or in jail.
And the children suffer, then repeat the same patterns when they have kids because that's all they know.
It's very sad and unfortunate.
Hopefully the other children in this case will find happiness in another home.
And hopefully Maleah will be found and there will some justice served. A lot of people failed this child. Imo

In the ABC interview with BB and QX, she/he said that BB, BB2, and JV (DV's brother) received a phone call while DV was at the hospital saying "that they were there." I don't think we know who called.

So, they all went to the hospital and she said there were a lot of police officers and they wouldn't let them talk to DV. She also said that DV never went back to the apartment after being released from the hospital. He went to BB2's house on Sunday.

After that, things get fuzzy. I'm not clear on how long they were at BB2's, but BB was still supporting him on Monday. On Tuesday, she made it clear that he was not with her, but at his brothers. MOO

Do you know how long it was before she publicly expressed doubt in him?

So it's okay for rich people to commit crimes?

If he was even middle class he would be able to make bail. We are not supposed to have two different systems of justice - one for those who have money and one for the poor.

DV is a monster and I'm glad he can't make bail but your statement is contrary to the principles of American justice, IMO.

Your statement has the effect of acknowledging and approving of special privileges to people with money, while ignoring the fact that the US constitution is supposed to protect our rights so that people aren't railroaded by the justice system, regardless of their economic status.

Although DV isn't one of them, there are indeed innocent people who are arrested and charged, like this man who came to CA visit his son and instead was arrested and jailed for a month on charges he battered and raped his ex.

Turns out she was an evil nut trying to stop him from accessing their child. He lost his job because he couldn't bail out.

Imagine spending a month in jail for something you didn't do?

Could this be happening? A man's nightmare made real

Never did I write that it is okay for anyone to commit crimes - poor or rich. I don't know why you would write such a statement.

"If you can't do the time, don't do the crime" is a pretty simple concept as is "if you can't pay the bail, don't go to jail."

Someone being viciously accused of a crime they did not commit, then arrested, jailed and unable to afford a bondsman is not a problem with the justice system, but rather the lying accuser.

There is nothing unfair or privileged about bonds which are set regardless of ability to pay, as you well know. The same amount of bond for the same category of crime regardless of financial status is equal treatment under the law. Equal.

Surely, you do not suggest that poor people are all released ROR while those with means have to pay a bond as that would be unequal treatment under the law. Surely, you do not suggest that everyone just get booked, fingerprinted and then released either. Finally, I do not think you suggest that there should be no bond system and therefore we just keep everyone in jail pending the outcome of their trial.

Thanks, I missed that part about the call that he was in the hospital. But then again maybe my brain just didn't want to remember since it's so confusing.
I wonder what the conversation was while he was at BB's mom's house.

@ilovechili I am pretty sure that DV's extended family members could rally and find $4500 in cash, with $45,000 in assets for a bond. What is telling here, is that no one is really going out there to help him. That says a lot about what they think. And maybe the type of person he is...

The discussion about poverty and bail is important, not something that anyone really brings up. It affects immigrants and minorities. An issue of invisible privilege that few acknowledge.

I agree the discussion is important, I am simply trying to not sidetrack to it here. I have plenty I can contribute to such a conversation :)

I also wonder if it is indicative of what his family thinks or now knows. I see the answers have varied though of whether it is $4,500 or $45,000 cash needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smanworld