Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just hoping that the hour+ when DV, BB, and M were in the apartment together hasn't turned into a she said he's not saying anything situation where evidence isn't pointing in either direction so without a body there won't be a murder charge. I know it can be done without a body. But my concern is that there won't be a way to definitively say who killed Maleah.

I'm just hoping that the hour+ when DV, BB, and M were in the apartment together hasn't turned into a she said he's not saying anything situation where evidence isn't pointing in either direction so without a body there won't be a murder charge. I know it can be done without a body. But my concern is that there won't be a way to definitively say who killed Maleah.
This is my fear as well.

That didn't slow down Crystal Lake LE for AJ in regards to who did it. They did have a body.

Don't think it will be too challenging to get to the truth. Obviously We are not dealing with MENSA members here.

MOO.

Oh, and I forgot to add that DV's father also said DV's injury was the result of the "kidnappers" bashing his head against the car. I seem to recall that being mentioned here as a possibility. I don't think the family are reading our threads but it's interesting nevertheless.

That certainly can be proven or rejected with a quick swabbing of the car.
Imo, BB was also making that claim when she was defending him profusely. Moo

I think in that case it’s more likely they are both charged than not.

What is likely causing this to take as long as it is? Do you all think they are waiting on more forensic evidence or phone results or something like that? Or are they busy behind the scenes trying to get DV to talk more? Are they feeling that BB is going to hang herself with QX's help if they just give her a little time to do more talking in the media?? Are they waiting because they think they are more likely to find Maleah's remains this way?

I have confidence in LE here; I am just very curious about what might be happening as they build whatever case they can.

Right, if there was nothing nefarious with the death, it wouldn't have been covered up in such a crazy way. I think circumstantial evidence is strong. And I think LE is still working hard to build a solid case against him/them. All MOO

Watch the very first presser by LE. I think they didn't believe him from go.....I know I didn't.

Yes! I made a comment about that in the beginning about him changing his story because he didn't want LE questioning whoever dropped him off. That's why he changed his story and claimed that he had walked there, and it took him 4 or 5 hours. He needed something to account for all that time he was doing whatever he was doing.
Only when they told him they saw the car did he admit that an unknown woman dropped him off.
But that was before we had heard anything from Brittany.
I do wonder how much they know and what they are doing to put all the pieces together. Imo

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe much of what BB says. I obviously think DV is guilty of contributing to her death, but I feel BB is in on it too.

I can tell you with 100% confidence that if my boyfriend and 2 children were supposed to pick me up from the airport and didn't show, didn't answer calls/texts and there was no sign of them at home, I would have never waited until the next day to report them missing. And there is no evidence that she did call in a report. There was a report once BB2 made her actually go to the police station.

If she knew of abuse or suspected he was abusing Maleah physically and/or sexually she is a piece of trash for leaving her with him. I think this is something she made up after the fact. I believe if Maleah was being physically abused BB was a big part of that if not all of it.

I don't believe for one second that DV was able to sneak MD back into the apartment without BB knowing she was there. NO way.

The way Q worded the bleach story bothers me. "When he spoke to the mother, he told her he was cleaning up the apartment. And she didn’t understand why he would be cleaning up the apartment, but he went and bought an extra bottle of Clorox and came back". Does DV tell her he goes and buys an extra bottle of bleach? Covering his tracks? Or was BB there to witness that? We never see footage of him bringing in the bleach

Texas EquuSearch still scouring for Maleah Davis, despite suspending activities

Volunteers with Texas EquuSearch are still looking for missing 4-year-old Houston girl Maleah Davis, despite suspending most of their activities last week.

Tim Miller, founder of the nonprofit, told the Houston Chronicle on Tuesday that workers are still following up on tips from the public about Maleah's whereabouts, who has been missing since May 3. The girl's mother's boyfriend, Darion Vence, claims she was abducted by unknown assailants but is in jail on a tampering charge after detectives found blood linked to the missing girl in his apartment, police said.

Last Wednesday, after searching for five days, Miller said the group's efforts would be suspended after nothing was turning up. Most recently, his crews searched along Vence's mail route in Rosharon, about 30 miles south of Houston.

"Every day we're still doing something," Miller said.

He's hoping the public will send in more tips about Maleah, whose fate remains unknown.

"We can only go on what we have," Miller said. "We can't just shoot an arrow in the sky and wherever it comes down start a search there."

Vence remains in jail on a charge of tampering with a corpse.​

I wonder whether the delay is due the sensitivity and patience required when interviewing the older brother? I imagine they are taking a very soft approach in short sessions, then they have to try and verify what the child may have said, find evidence to back it up and then potentially return for more questions.

I wonder whether the delay is due the sensitivity and patience required when interviewing the older brother? I imagine they are taking a very soft approach in short sessions, then they have to try and verify what the child may have said, find evidence to back it up and then potentially return for more questions.

I think there is a lot going on behind the scenes. I spoke to my dad who's been a police officer for over 40 years and he said with these cases there is a lot of pressure to get things right. All i's are dotted and t's crossed to ensure the case will hold up in court. And if a young child is a potential witness, they will take the utmost care in trying to determine what he knows. That poor boy. He will have to live with this the rest of his life.

I agree. But I believe at some point DV told BB what happened to MD. If LE believed they could prove DV murdered MD he would be charged. IMO they are trying to find MD to see exactly what happened. Then charge him. DV is not saying anything believing they want find MD. If they find her he will start talking.

I have that open as a real and distinct possibility and have closed nothing out. However, what is the need then for the more than 24 hour window? It seems like an avoidance of her and it seems to start around when he would not let the bio dad see Maleah and about when she was due home (that 24 hour plus stretch I mean). Additionally, his actions like the laundry basket with most likely Maleah in it, clean-up, bleach, etc. seem to fit covering it up from her, although I guess he would have to do that either way. I mean it is possible he called her while she is around her family and at a funeral and freaked and said he killed her or she died but I just see it as unlikely. He had no control from there of any kind to be sure she would not lose it and call LE or tell someone, etc.

Had he answered her when she was at the airport, she and/or her mother would have no need to report the child missing or him. I think it just as likely she was trying to avoid reporting anything because of CPS, etc. and hoping she would reach him. It appears that her mother insisted and not until being reached from the hospital with his story did he report her missing or tell them she was missing?

Another reason I do not see both involved, at least with the entire crime, is that story of his is ludicrous and I just think it unlikely two people (any two people) thought it would be believable. That does not exclude her finding out at some point though later, etc. The basket in the car, the gas can, etc. would not one of two people maybe think better off not to leave that either...

If she knew about it, the rush is not there to do all of this, meaning I guess unless someone besides the two of them were looking for Maleah, they had time to come up with a better plan. The older boy was with dad probably through Sunday night if it was a weekend thing, the younger is easy to probably hide things from and could not be of much use for information at his age...

He could have picked her up at the airport and they could have figured it out from there, instead she had to call and involve her mother for a ride.

Some of my reasons for leaning that way anyhow...

I though can make all possibilities/theories work so I certainly do not disagree, tomorrow I may very likely think she was involved all along :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro