Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Executive Assistant Chief Matt Slinkard, who also spoke at the news conference, said: "We are not receiving the level of cooperation we need from anybody involved at this point."

Wish he was more specific. I take it to mean LE is less than satisfied with BB's cooperation as well but it is such an open ended statement it is hard to say that is his meaning. Involved how? As in responsible or assisting in after the fact with Maleah's murder? Or involved as in people involved in this case?

As Chief Acevedo said that he believes DV knows where the child is but has not told police, and "We strongly believe he knows where she's at and if he wanted to tell us, he would," I think the Asst Chief comments are directed to anybody known to DV including BB. Also seems LE believes DV confided in somebody. His brother? MOO

I live in North houston and drove by a church today that had a big sign posted saying "slay your giants" just made me think of BB s Instagram post because I had no idea what she could be talking about....for anyone going to church does giants have a meaning...is it frequently discussed? Maybe that s where BB got that
Basically I would explain it as follows; anything which is contrary to God's word and will for your life, something that is difficult to overcome is a "Giant".
Slaying a Giant would mean defeating the enemy, overcoming strongholds in your life which keep you bound (whom the Son sets free is free indeed).

There is also a Mens Ministry built around slaying your giants. Slaying Giants T-Shirt I have a weird connection to this group. Our VP of Operations (from Utah) is friends with someone who founded the group. He brought a few stickers and sling-shots, and passed them out at work (in California).

Anyway, I think she is referring to the general public's reaction to her. No one seems to be on her side, so she is facing a Giant.

I live in North houston and drove by a church today that had a big sign posted saying "slay your giants" just made me think of BB s Instagram post because I had no idea what she could be talking about....for anyone going to church does giants have a meaning...is it frequently discussed? Maybe that s where BB got that

that giant reference has bothered me .

This thread seems to be slowing down due to there not been any new developments.

It makes me fearful that HPD will not keep Maleah a priority if there are no new leads to investigate. If new crimes occur then their focus will be on them and poor Maleahs case will slowly fade into the back log.

What i still dont understand is why BB isnt in jail too, BB admittedly was in that apartment when Maleah was seen entering for the last time and never leaving.

Am i allowed to speak about something i noticed in some youtube videos? I know im not allowed to link them but just thought I'd ask if we are allowed to discuss them.

This thread seems to be slowing down due to there not been any new developments.

It makes me fearful that HPD will not keep Maleah a priority if there are no new leads to investigate. If new crimes occur then their focus will be on them and poor Maleahs case will slowly fade into the back log.

What i still dont understand is why BB isnt in jail too, BB admittedly was in that apartment when Maleah was seen entering for the last time and never leaving.

Am i allowed to speak about something i noticed in some youtube videos? I know im not allowed to link them but just thought I'd ask if we are allowed to discuss them.

I have not seen any pictures of Maleah wearing her helmet. At least child neglect from tbat. Moo

I'm sad too Juby82. I honestly thought they would find Maleah rather quickly. The Chief of Police said people were losing interest and he was right ( not us here). HPD and the media have the ability to see that doesn't happen though. Hold regular pressors to keep the public's attention.

We have a good example of a no body murder conviction in Arizona. Search "Jhessye Shockley ". Her egg donor killed her, put her in a suitcase and threw her in a dumpster. LE searched a landfill and never found her. I can't even bear to say that womans name, she will never see freedom in her life time.

Speaking of DV getting charged with murder without a body, can someone please explain American sentences please. Im from the UK and this baffles me.
What's capital murder?
Whats felony murder?
How can someone be charged with 5 counts of murder if they only killed 1 person?

To complicate things worse, it can be different in different US states... And then there is federal law...

Imo anyhow...

Speaking of DV getting charged with murder without a body, can someone please explain American sentences please. Im from the UK and this baffles me.
What's capital murder?
Whats felony murder?
How can someone be charged with 5 counts of murder if they only killed 1 person?

Capital Murder = eligible for the Death Penalty

Felony Murder = murder occurring during the commission of a felony crime

A person can be charged with several counts of murder for a single murder in order to cover different/alternative theories of the murder.

JMO. IANAL. @Mercedes, what say you?

Last edited:
What's capital murder?
Whats felony murder?

The words used can vary in each state. For the most part, murder is a state offense and only enters the federal system if certain elements are met, such as a murder committed on federal property among other enumerated requisite elements.

My state lists homicides as First Degree Murder, Second Degree Murder, Manslaughter, Negligent Homicide, Vehicular Homicide and Feticide.

First degree is a capital offense, meaning the penalty could be death or life in prison without parole, probation or suspension of sentence. There are 10 circumstances which could lead to a charge of 1st degree and all require specific intent to kill. These include, but are not all set forth here: killing more than one person; killing a person under the age of 12 or over the age of 65; killing a person during an illegal drug transaction; killing a law enforcement officer; killing a judge or magistrate; killing a witness; killing during the perpetration of an aggravated offense such as kidnapping, rape, arson, burglary, robbery, terrorism, cruelty to a juvenile, drive-by shooting and hate crime.

Second degree also requires specific intent. It is punished by LWOPPS. It includes the aggravated offenses and murder committed during a drug transaction.

Manslaughter is a murder that would be a second degree offense but is committed in sudden passion or heat of blood caused by provocation sufficient to deprive a reasonable person of self-control and cool reflection. Punishment not more than 40 years, unless the victim is under 10, then the minimum is 10 years.

Negligent homicide is a homicide committed by criminal negligence. 2-5 years.

Vehicular homicide is when the death is caused by a driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs. 3-10 years.

If a person is charge with First degree, Second can be an included but lesser charge - they overlap in some circumstances and both require specific intent to kill.

Specific intent is not an element of manslaughter, negligent or vehicular homicide and therefore can not be lesser, included offenses.

Hope this makes sense.

Bittersweet video shows Maleah Davis smiling before disappearance

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- New images show missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis smiling after brain surgery, just weeks before she vanished.

Maleah's mother shared video of her daughter with ABC13 Eyewitness News.

The video shows nurses wheeling Maleah to her hospital room after undergoing surgery in March.
Video at link

As Chief Acevedo said that he believes DV knows where the child is but has not told police, and "We strongly believe he knows where she's at and if he wanted to tell us, he would," I think the Asst Chief comments are directed to anybody known to DV including BB. Also seems LE believes DV confided in somebody. His brother? MOO
I believe DV confided to his brother. If they are as close as their father claims it makes sense that DV would at the very least talk to his brother and IMO I think the brother may have been involved in the ditching of the car and dropping DV off at the hospital. MOO.

LE is frustrated right now and I think the assistant Chief said what they're all thinking, short of coming right out and naming names. What the DA can/will do with the case only time will tell. I can't believe no one is talking. Poor, innocent Maleah, no one put her first.

Bittersweet video shows Maleah Davis smiling before disappearance

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- New images show missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis smiling after brain surgery, just weeks before she vanished.

Maleah's mother shared video of her daughter with ABC13 Eyewitness News.

The video shows nurses wheeling Maleah to her hospital room after undergoing surgery in March.
Video at link
Why? Why would BB share that particular video with the media? There aren’t many pics of a happy, healthy Maleah, but she shares an intimate video of Maleah soon after surgery?

Why did ABC13 even publish that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member