Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find that first paragraph difficult to believe... at the very least bones would remain, and a human skull is easily distinguishable from other animals IMO
That's the one thing I would think they could tell whether or not it was human by. (the skull) But I imagine it could have been dirty, covered with hair, tissue, blood, insects, and remember, her body was hit by a tractor and scattered several feet. So it was probably hard to tell. Imo

Last edited:
I find that first paragraph difficult to believe... at the very least bones would remain, and a human skull is easily distinguishable from other animals IMO
At the beginning and the end of decomposition, it's easier to tell than in the middle. One month of decomposition in a garbage bag in changeable humidity would not result in a clearly identifiable skull, human or otherwise. The people present at the scene were not digging through the bag and pulling out bones to identify, since they were following crime scene procedure as soon as they knew it was a crime scene.

Would someone kindly refresh my memory as to where DV’s vehicle was found? TIA
@MsArk - I don't know if this was answered, here you go
  • Approx. 10 a.m. The Nissan Altima was found by a taxi driver in a Missouri City business parking lot along Hwy 6 near FM 1092/Murphy Road. LE said the tires looked fine. [29] A laundry basket and gas can was found in the trunk of the vehicle. [38] Police K-9 dogs at the scene reacted to the trunk of the car for human decomp. [41] There was a smidget of gas left in the gas can. [62]

That's the one thing I would think they could tell whether or not it was human by. (the skull.) But I imagine it could have been dirty, covered with hair, tissue, insects, and remember, her body was hit by a tractor and scattered several feet. So it was probably hard to tell. Imo
Ok, Time to go to bed with that. Long day. Goodnight y’all. Little Maleah finally gets to Rest In Peace

She’s playing with Lizzy Shelley now, I’m sure of it.
She sure is. (hugs to everyone) It's been a long 5 weeks searching for MD. She is now at peace with love all around her. I am happy she is finally found (although not confirmed) and hopefully we can all sleep a little better tonight knowing she is not hurting anymore. I will continue to think about her everyday along with others.

She sure is. (hugs to everyone) It's been a long 5 weeks searching for MD. She is now at peace with love all around her. I am happy she is finally found (although not confirmed) and hopefully we can all sleep a little better tonight knowing she is not hurting anymore. I will continue to think about her everyday along with others.
Perfectly said

In this video - "garbage bag tossed and run over by a mower". My God. I do hope all who are involved are forced by LE to view the remains of Meleah. IMO.

I feel terrible for the operator of the mower. Can you imagine how she/he feels? I get sick to my stomach if I run over an already dead squirrel or rabbit!

In retrospect, an alternative theory or two re the gas can.
Perhaps the gas can was a kind of insurance policy intended to mitigate against risk of running out of fuel while transporting human remains out of state and/or extend the distance the car could travel without refueling at a station with the vehicle potentially being captured on additional cameras.

Tragically, but perhaps in a way uniquely fortunately, Maleah’s prior traumatic brain injuries and extensive pre and post op crainial imaging and surgeries, may have resulted in a kind of tell-tale skull, even with the horrific post postmortem disposal, decomp, and commercial mow over.

In addition to the immense and devastating impacts of loss and grief to Maleah’s direct circle of family, friends, care givers, LE and searchers, I can only imagine how profoundly crushing this most be to all her medical/surgical care teams who worked to piece her back together iicr at least twice before.

QX was visibly crying in one of the most recent press interviews. With TM beside him in quiet strength and unity it seemed to me, QX was so sad for what he has heard; as an upthread poster mentioned, what he may wish he could, but cannot now unknow.

Search for Maleah leads to child’s body in Arkansas

FULTON, Ark. — A month-long search for 4-year-old Maleah Davis may have ended Friday along a tree-lined junction in southwest Arkansas after investigators found a child’s remains scattered along Interstate 30, where her mother’s ex-boyfriend confessed he dumped her.

Houston police said they could not confirm that the remains are those of Maleah — whose disappearance captured the nation’s attention — but indicated they believe they found the missing girl. The identify is pending the results of an autopsy.

“I was fearing there was never going to be an ending,” said Texas EquuSearch founder Tim Miller, whose volunteers had spent the month combing Houston for signs of the child. “There’s an ending. Certainly not the way we wanted it, not a scene we wanted to see, but unfortunately we can’t choose these things.”

<modsnip: snipped to comply with 10% copyright rule>

During the news conference at HPD headquarters, Finner declined to comment on Quanell’s visit.

“He’s been working with law enforcement for years,” Finner said. “I don’t know how he got there, or what was said when he was there. I know that he did get some information about the whereabouts of this little angel.”

Last edited by a moderator:
HPD: Child remains, clothes found in Arkansas 'lead us to believe it is Maleah'

“It was a sight you wouldn’t want anybody to see." - Texas Equusearch founder Tim Miller

Author: Larry Seward
Published: 10:31 PM CDT May 31, 2019
Updated: 12:25 AM CDT June 1, 2019

FULTON, Arkansas — A plane carrying Houston Police detectives and Texas Equusearch founder Tim Miller brought back remains of a child believed to be Maleah Davis, investigators said.

However, DNA tests are needed to confirm that suspicion.

“It was a sight you wouldn’t want anybody to see,” Miller said.

In a garbage bag tossed and run over by lawnmowers along a lonely curve of Interstate 30 in Fulton, Arkansas, what’s left of someone’s child rattled searchers, shook a sheriff and pulled Houstonian Jimmy Davis -- en route to Memphis -- off the road.

“As soon as (the officer) said (it was a) four-year-old, as soon as she said four-year-old little girl I was like 'is it Maleah?'” Jimmy Davis said.

HPD detectives flew in based on a tip.

“There are some personal effects that lead us to believe it is Maleah,” Sgt. Mark Holbrook, an HPD detective, told KHOU 11 News.
<modsnipped due to copyright>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members