GUILTY TX - Maliyah 'Tootie' Bass, 2, Houston, 22 Aug 2020 *arrests* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If we are to believe the time line, she could have had a compound fracture and bled to death. Especially if she was dehydrated (from crying, vomiting, diarrhea, all symptoms of severe pain)

Houston police said on Monday they again brought the couple in for questioning "after evidence of their involvement in the disappearance of Maliyah was discovered." They were arrested and charged the following day.
Maliyah Bass' body was put in storm drain, prosecutors say | khou.com

Ugh. From the article linked in the above tweet:
Warning! Graphic details follow...

According to court records, the autopsy showed Maliyah had a broken left forearm and extensive superficial blunt force trauma in the form of looped-pattern bruising all over her body. The medical examiner believes she was beaten with either an extension cord-like object or a hanger-like object.

The police investigation found Maliyah was last seen alive on security video at 12:40 a.m. on Aug. 20.
[Thompson] told police she beat her daughter with a hair brush on Aug. 20 because she was crying and would not go to sleep. Records say they then put her in a broom closet, naked. When they woke up on Aug. 21, Maliyah was dead.
Maliyah's body was dumped in storm drain, mom's boyfriend told police

What security video was Maliyah last seen alive on at 12:40 am, I wonder?

If that poor sweet baby was put in a storm drain what was she floating on down the bayou? I’m sure it was reported she was found on a float aid ?

Maliyah's maternal grandmother reacts to her daughter's arrest on Fox 26 news video. She is appalled at all the lies her daughter told her, how she kept changing the story, and the dramatic grief performances put on by her daughter and bf. She is feeling a lot of guilt..it appears that she regrets not being able to be there for Maliyah near the end (she told Sahara she needed a few months, whatever that means). She wants justice for Maliyah, even if that means her daughter being responsible.

Maliyah Bass' mother and her boyfriend charged in girl's death; grandmother speaks

It almost sounds like Maliyah's mother probably asked for grandma to help around, to watch her, who knows. It's totally understandable that grandma needed time for herself, we don't really know her situation, maybe she was going through some rough times (who isn't?). It's not the grandmother's fault, at all. I feel bad for her and Maliyah's father, they cared about this poor baby.

What security video was Maliyah last seen alive on at 12:40 am, I wonder?

Yes--and under what circumstances would a two year old child be caught on security video at 12:40 am? I wonder what other security video was available around the storm drain at the apartment complex. The pair were brought in again for questioning on Monday (Oct. 5th) "after evidence of their involvement was discovered". LE obviously had concrete evidence to make the bf confess to what happened.

I wonder if they found her (bloodied ?) blue and white pillow case, or the polka dot clothes she was reported as wearing? That detailed story from the bf about the broken toy box and MB going missing with her pillow case with letter blocks inside has now been proven as a false report. She was found nude, so those clothes should be missing also. So, as we all questioned at the time--why did he come up with this pillow case detail? I suspect that she was fatally injured after an attack while she was in her bed. The missing pillow case was likely bloodied and had to be disposed of. I read that it was an "Enchanted" themed case, which suggests that it was a one of a kind in the household, and would stand out if missing. moo

ETA: I would like to see a second autopsy done, or at least a second opinion.

Last edited:
Absolutely a 2 year can die from having their body beaten. Houdini died from getting punched in the guts. It's quite possible he forearm was broken post-mortem though. I'm inclined to ask more about the coincidence of bio dad's request, though I honestly don't count out intuition that something bad might have been happening.

Poor baby.

Maliyah's maternal grandmother reacts to her daughter's arrest on Fox 26 news video. She is appalled at all the lies her daughter told her, how she kept changing the story, and the dramatic grief performances put on by her daughter and bf. She is feeling a lot of guilt..it appears that she regrets not being able to be there for Maliyah near the end (she told Sahara she needed a few months, whatever that means). She wants justice for Maliyah, even if that means her daughter being responsible.

Maliyah Bass' mother and her boyfriend charged in girl's death; grandmother speaks

It almost sounds like Maliyah's mother probably asked for grandma to help around, to watch her, who knows. It's totally understandable that grandma needed time for herself, we don't really know her situation, maybe she was going through some rough times (who isn't?). It's not the grandmother's fault, at all. I feel bad for her and Maliyah's father, they cared about this poor baby.

Rosalie Jimerson had said earlier in the case that she often was caregiver for Maliyah, sometimes for months. It was strange even at that time because the girl was only two.

ABC13-Mycah Hatfield

This is them at the Bayou, posted by ABc news, its was like a complete mockery, the most obvious child killers.
So mom's flopped on the ground howling and Travion ignores her, runs right past her and up the hill, immortalizing the moment he decided to throw her under the bus. IMO they both knew they weren't going to get away with it. MOO.

More from the same ABC reporter interviewing Maliyah's grandmother:

I asked her if she thought there was a chance that her daughter and her boyfriend Travion Thompson were innocent and she said 'no'.
ABC13-Mycah Hatfield

That's a powerful statement coming from Sahara's mother IMO.

Grandma states "I want to hurt them both". It seems that "Grandma" Angela Harris is not even the mother of "her son" Travion Thompson. How she could be called Maliyah's grandmother after 4 months of knowing about her is absurd to begin with, and I don't understand why the media is giving her any air time or credibility as a victim.

The following report from a Crime Stopper's advocate who dealt with Sahara is shocking, knowing that she was mainly focused on getting money as a victim when MB's body was found. It makes me wonder if she is a drug addict, and getting money was a desperate need. The other explanation of her callous behaviour is that she didn't give a damn about Maliyah, which is harder to accept.

Victim advocate Andy Kahan of Crime Stoppers of Houston recalled the couple’s peculiar behavior last August when Bass’ body was found in Brays Bayou.

“I remember mom was asking me about any victim compensation. I just thought that was a little bit odd,” he said. “That’s the last thing you’re concerned about is anything you’re entitled to.”

Kahan said that sparked him to start pulling up Thompson’s record.

“When you look at his criminal history, he’s had five convictions since 2017,” he said.

Court records show Thompson was convicted of assault with a deadly weapon while on probation, but the court failed to revoke his probation.

‘I want to hurt them both:’ Mother of man linked to death of Maliyah Bass says they deserves to be in jail

Welp unfortunately the writing was on the wall with this one. And no, I don’t believe for a second that they put her in a closet and discovered her dead the next morning. That is them reaching for any shred of dignity. Which would be slim if true but it’s not. They murdered that poor baby

moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shevet
Back