GUILTY TX - Maria 'Isabel' Romero Medina, 27, slain, 4yo abducted, Denton, 13 Dec 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Richard aka "Little Ricky" is the featured case on Nancy Grace.

Regardless of how you feel about her, the national media coverage can't hurt in the search for the precious little boy. I hope this helps to put the pressure on! :cow:

I'll post the transcript ASAP.

:praying:

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

God bless Marc Klaas for participating on Nancy Grace's show tonight. I always feel comforted when listening to him. What Marc went through years ago when he lost Polly is beyond heartbreaking. He turned the worst kind of tragedy into being a very vocal child advocate. I have worked with him on several local cases. He is tireless.

This is horrible news! :( Mexico doesn't extradite to the US do they?

Edited: It appears there is an extradition agreement but it's a lengthy dedicated process. It would be difficult to get the father on murder but since the son was most likely born here, he's a US citizen so I wonder how that works.

This just makes me so sad. Little one, be safe.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime/2014/12/19/ricardo-martinez-denton-murder-affidavit/20669421/

'''New information gathered by Denton police suggests Martinez planned the trip to Mexico the day before Medina's death.

Martinez contacted a friend on Dec. 11, asking for a ride for two people to Mexico under the guise of caring for his ill father. They arranged a ride to Mexico for the following evening.

Martinez's roommate drove Martinez to the friend's house shortly after the time of the alleged murder, where they departed for Mexico.

Martinez and his roommate left for Mexico at 8:15 p.m. on Dec. 12. Medina's body was found the next day.

The driver told police he was not aware of the Amber Alert issued on Dec. 13 for the 4-year-old Lara. That alert was issued Saturday before officials canceled it Monday night when they learned Martinez and his son had left the country.''''

That is 100% premeditated . Ugh. Little boy will probably never be seen again :(

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/International-Manhunt-Continues-for-Missing-Boy-288476411.html

It’s been one month since the death of a Denton woman and the disappearance of her 4-year-old son, who is believed to be with his father.

The month has been a hectic one for Rosalba Antonia as she and her family has dealt with two tragedies: the death of her sister, 27-year-old Maria “Isabel” Romero Medina, and the search for her 4-year-old nephew, Ricardo “Alek” Lara...

Family members told NBC 5 at the time that they didn’t believe Alek was in danger with Martinez, but they didn’t believe he was the best person for the child to be with right now and they wanted him back home with family.

Such a sad case, according to the media they were in a custody battle over the little guy. I hope that he knows as he grows up that his mom was there for him, it breaks my heart to think that a child losing his mom so young may not even understand the sacrifice that his mom made for him. Stay safe little guy.

2/10/2016
Dear Poster Partner:
Ricardo Lara missing from Denton, TX, has been restricted. Please discontinue dissemination of this poster.
Please remove and discard any posters on this case that you have placed in public view.
We greatly appreciate your part in our efforts to reunite families.
Thank you for your support.

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
www.missingkids.com

'''Please discontinue dissemination of this poster.'''

One of the best phrases on all of WS !

October 2016:

Murder suspect’s extradition granted

http://www.dentonrc.com/local-news/local-news-headlines/20161015-murder-suspects-extradition-granted.ece

A judge in Mexico recently granted the extradition of murder suspect Ricardo Martinez, but Denton County prosecutors still don’t have a specific timetable for his return, according to First Assistant District Attorney Jamie Beck.

Lara since has been returned to family members in Texas, and local prosecutors now are waiting to see whether Martinez appeals his extradition.

“The appeal process does not have definitive timelines, somewhat like our appeals here don’t,” Beck said Friday in an email.

If Martinez is extradited to Denton, he will go through the court process like any other case, Beck said.

“All that is happening now is [we’re] trying to get him here to our court,” she said.

https://www.facebook.com/DentonCoun...4554/1446106928816721/?type=3&hc_ref=NEWSFEED

' Ricardo Lara Martinez was extradited from Mexico today after his final appeals were denied. He landed at DFW airport and was taken into custody by Denton PD. Martinez is accused of killing his ex-girlfriend in Denton, TX on December 12, 2014 and escaping to Mexico with their 4 year old son.'

I knew I recognized this guy's face when he came across the feed. Great job LE!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid
Back