TX - Maria Jimenez-Rodriguez, 29, still missing, Houston, 21 June 2018 *Erik Arceneaux arrest in 2023*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think they made her text which is why she used a nickname to signal there was something wrong. They were watching over her shoulder. I don’t think the red truck text was hers. I think they wrote that to try to create a false lead. I hope the police have been able to ping her phone or figure out where those texts were sent from. At this point it’s a recovery mission I think. There is a lot of undeveloped land on the East side and bayous and the San jacinto river.

Very alarming circumstances with this disappearance. The texts certainly sound coerced or written by someone else with the deliberate attempt to confuse the timeline of Maria's movements, where she was and what she was doing.

I wonder if her daughter's name was shortened to "Des" as the sender didn't know if it was spelt Destiny or Destinee (I've seen both these spellings for this name) and getting it wrong would obviously raise questions. That would seem to suggest that it isn't someone who knows her very well, but perhaps more of an acquaintance. Or someone/some persons acting for someone who does know her very well.

It seems from the info I've seen that Maria did definitely get in her car for work and left with that intent. As far as we know there was no msg to her to divert from that. Pretty difficult though not impossible to abduct someone driving their car along the road without anyone seeing anything and very risky. Did she get to work, where would she normally park, and is there any CCTV? Could an abduction have taken place there and then the truck was moved? Anyone suspect at work or around that workplace/parking area who would have had opportunity/motive to harm Maria?

As ever tracking the phone is going to be crucial if they can pinpoint where it was when those suspect texts were sent. Hopefully by trying to be clever and confuse the issues the perpetrators have left clues as to who they are. Probably not Hispanic if the text tries to point to Hispanic men following her, unless of course it's a double bluff. I think motive is key here, who benefits if this lady disappears?
As always keeping fingers crossed that Maria is found alive but sadly this looks planned and ominous.

I was thinking about that text about “two Hispanics men in a red truck” following her. Yesterday as I was driving around I tried to see if I could tell gender and race of the people behind me. While the vehicle was moving, I couldn’t do it. Red truck, easy. But if you can make out race and gender that’s someone along side or I actually had good luck with looking in side mirrors at the vehicles in front of me. Our vehicles have really tinted windows to help with the sun so it may not be the best experiment. Still don’t think that part was her. She disappeared on my side of town so I’m trying to be extra careful when out and about.

This case went quiet so quickly I wondered if the police were onto things and the family were being told not to speak to the media. But Maria's sister, Gloria looks to have done a podcast recently (comes up on Google). I haven't had a chance to listen yet but will soon as I can. If this poor woman that has been found is Maria at least it will give the family some answers. I just don't believe she went off and left her young daughter.

I have listened to the podcast, unfortunately not a direct interview with Gloria, Maria's sister, but it does attempt to get a solid timeline and the hosts seem well-intentioned (local to Houston).
It sounds like Gloria is having a hard time getting police to follow up on this case, I don't know why. Sounds like she does not believe that Maria's ex is involved and Maria's daughter is being looked after by Gloria herself so doesn't sound like a toxic custody dispute.
I am wondering if there was an unknown male, someone at work or at the gym Maria went to regularly, that her family did not know about who has caused her to disappear. That would be where I would be looking. Very sad, one of those cases which seem highly suspicious but is getting so little apparent attention.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megan_peterson253
Back